Armagh v Derry November 1st

Started by tonto1888, October 26, 2020, 07:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: restorepride on October 31, 2020, 05:25:53 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on October 28, 2020, 06:06:49 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 28, 2020, 02:02:00 PM
The behind closed door nature should suit Derry as they are used to playing with no fans there.

I would argue with you but you are correct
Rest assured that the South Doire lads will not roll over as easy for tickling as tickle!   A cheap shot from Doctor Angelo - is he not busy making a balls of a pandemic?
Ard Mhacha are rightly favourites and it will take a huge effort from Doire to win.  They will struggle with physicality, especially if they take the ball into the tackle too often, however they do have a bit of pace on the counter.  Grugan for me is the one to absolutely man-mark - Doire might just sacrifice someone to that job - maybe Glass, if he doesn't pick up one of the O'Neills.   Overall I think that Ard Mhacha have more scoring options and have been playing consistently at a higher level than Doire.  Free taking will be crucial and Ard Mhacha again hold the advantage there although with Niall Loughlin back, Doire should be more balanced in that department.  If Ard Mhacha push up, as I expect them to do, on Doire's kickouts, then Doire could struggle to gain primary possession.  Anyhow, here's to a good game!

Emmmm, pointing out other poster's cheap shots??

BennyCake

It's going to be a hard watch. Derry will have 74 players behind the ball.

Derry 0-8 Armagh 0-11

Blowitupref

Quote from: BennyCake on October 31, 2020, 08:15:10 PM
It's going to be a hard watch. Derry will have 74 players behind the ball.

Derry 0-8 Armagh 0-11

Should win by a bit to spare if they have that many players on the field.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

restorepride

Quote from: JoG2 on October 31, 2020, 08:14:31 PM
The behind closed door nature should suit Derry as they are used to playing with no fans there.

Rest assured that the South Doire lads will not roll over as easy for tickling as tickle!   A cheap shot from Doctor Angelo - is he not busy making a balls of a pandemic?
Ard Mhacha are rightly favourites and it will take a huge effort from Doire to win.  They will struggle with physicality, especially if they take the ball into the tackle too often, however they do have a bit of pace on the counter.  Grugan for me is the one to absolutely man-mark - Doire might just sacrifice someone to that job - maybe Glass, if he doesn't pick up one of the O'Neills.   Overall I think that Ard Mhacha have more scoring options and have been playing consistently at a higher level than Doire.  Free taking will be crucial and Ard Mhacha again hold the advantage there although with Niall Loughlin back, Doire should be more balanced in that department.  If Ard Mhacha push up, as I expect them to do, on Doire's kickouts, then Doire could struggle to gain primary possession.  Anyhow, here's to a good game!

Yes.  Why not? 

theticklemister

Quote from: restorepride on October 31, 2020, 10:48:56 PM

Yes.  Why not?

The reason we have f**k all supporters at games is down to youse boys in south Derry who don't travel.

Anyway, good luck to all the north Derry men today.

Aaron Boone

restorepride

Quote from: theticklemister on November 01, 2020, 10:04:43 AM

Yes.  Why not?

The reason we have f**k all supporters at games is down to youse boys in south Derry who don't travel.

You agreed with Dr Death Angelo on this board that Derry have 'no fans'.  Spineless and untrue. 

illdecide

Getting really nervous about this game now. Weather is bad and could suit Derry better TBH, this is gonna be tight.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Estimator

No pressure on Grugan at all when he took that shot.
Ulster League Champions 2009

theticklemister

Quote from: restorepride on November 01, 2020, 11:10:00 AM
Quote from: theticklemister on November 01, 2020, 10:04:43 AM

Yes.  Why not?

You agreed with Dr Death Angelo on this board that Derry have 'no fans'.  Spineless and untrue.
f**k lad, every man and his dog knows we have shite support.

screenexile

theticklemister

Conditions look better than in Ballybofey earlier, but me dad stuck his head out the windy and rung me to tell me the wind is wile.

armaghniac

Jamie Clarke more like the Jamie of old.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Captain Obvious

Armagh in control thus far. Grugan, Clarke and Og Burns showing well.

theticklemister

I expected our defense to be more packed