big mouths and no brains - armagh

Started by lawnseed 2, May 23, 2007, 12:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed 2

after all the slabbering about where sundays match armagh v donegal was going to be played it seem that it was driven mostly by fear and the fact that the armagh management lack confidence in the squad. firstly joe was happy to play in clones, then donegal got this turned over, then he was "worried" about the "thousands" of armagh supporters who wouldnt get to see armagh.(its on the tv) now in the latest twist armagh county board have said they wont be taking any ticket returns from their clubs thus insuring that the 8000 tickets will seem to have been sold when the truth is only about 4000 die hards will be at the match. so the clubs in armagh will be taking the hit for joes wants as usual. its not enough that we are crippled with his expensive wishlist anually now we have to pay good money to cover up his outbursts our club has received 4 times the tickets we need! THANKS JOE. when did you say you were quitting? >:(

full back

Yeah, its all Joe's fault
Catch a grip FFS ::)

Uladh

Don't know about the rest of ye but i could never see why it shouldn't be played in Bboffey. quite looking forward to the atmosphere too.

Armagh Exile

Quoteafter all the slabbering about where sundays match armagh v donegal was going to be played it seem that it was driven mostly by fear and the fact that the armagh management lack confidence in the squad. firstly joe was happy to play in clones, then donegal got this turned over, then he was "worried" about the "thousands" of armagh supporters who wouldnt get to see armagh.(its on the tv) now in the latest twist armagh county board have said they wont be taking any ticket returns from their clubs thus insuring that the 8000 tickets will seem to have been sold when the truth is only about 4000 die hards will be at the match. so the clubs in armagh will be taking the hit for joes wants as usual. its not enough that we are crippled with his expensive wishlist anually now we have to pay good money to cover up his outbursts our club has received 4 times the tickets we need! THANKS JOE. when did you say you were quitting?

Get your facts right before you go on to slander Joe Kernan.

Any club which has excess tickets may return them to the Ceannaras, Armagh, tonight between 7.30 and 8.30pm.

What's your agenda Lawnseed 2?

corn02

As am I Uladh, great to see the championship back into the home couldrons.

But I don't understand Lawnseed are the clubs not allowed to send back spares, surely there will be thousands left over?

Feckitt

There will be a ticket for everyone that wants one.  Ballybofey is the right decision.  It should be a great atmosphere.  Lawnseed is a slabber  

Donagh

Not impressed with the non-availability of seated tickets for the oul ones but you know the atmosphere is going to be something else, so we'll all be travelling anyway, more in hope than expectation.

thebandit

Donegal have the right to a home fixture - fair and square. While I can see the argument for letting more fans see the game, Donegal are dead right to stick to their guns.

Should be a great occasion - At least the 'Buckfast brigade' wont be there in large numbers.

corn02

In 1999 we had no problem bringing a massive army of fans to Ballybofey, looks like it will be a different story on Sunday, has our success turned us into final fans?

Smokin Joe

I have heard as well that clubs are not allowed to return tickets for this match.

I take it from the above comments that there hasn't been a big uptake for this match then?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Got to say that I'm surprised to hear that there are spare tickets for the match.

Anyone I've been talking to at home is saying that theres a massive demand!

I wonder if the fact that its on TV will affect attendance or maybe all the talk about the match being a sellout has just put people off trying to get tickets?

I would hardly think that its the distance,  as Ballybofey is probably easier to get to (at least for the N Armagh people) then Clones.
Tbc....

corn02

I dont know Goath Dobhair. It seems that this is the match Donegal have been waiting for and here in Armagh it is just a first round match. Sadly over the last few years alot of Armagh fans (myself included) have began to take the team for granted.

There could be a number of reasons for the lack of excitment here:
-The fact we are not favourites
- The distance
-  It is on TV
- The poor league form

From a fans viewpoint it appears different for both teams. For Donegal it is a chance to set out a marker, to beat one of the "big three" and to regain status as All Ireland contenders rather that a group who are not committed. For Armagh, we know we are up against it. If we are beat the dissapointment will not be massive, Ulster is not as important for us as it was 1999-2001. If we do loose we know we will have a good run in the qualifiers. I believe most Armaghs fan expect to go further than Donegal this year, regardless of this Sundays result.

Muzz

The truth of the matter is simple.  Big Joe to a point is right...If the match had of been in Clones more fans would have travelled from Armagh and probably the same from Donegal.  At £14 a ticket to stand in Ballybofey as  tyrone man i cannot blame Armagh fans from staying away.  Clones on Sunday was a joke.  No student prices.  I go to nearly every Tyrone game I can.  The only NFL fixture I missed was the Dublin game as I was away on holidays.  Yet even if my county get to ALL-Ireland final...I can be sure I will struggle to get a ticket!  The GAA is getting worse. 

Donegal are right to have their home fixture.  Thier chances are better at home than if they had to go to Clones.  Clones has turned into Armaghs second home from home. 

P.S. I think the price of tickets is keeping the neutral fan away now aswell.  It use to be I would never miss a Championship game in Ulster.  Travelled anywhere with the Dad.  Now it is just not feasible.

Sorry for the rant! :-)  Keep er lit!

qub la la la

true enough corn02, armagh should expect to go further than donegal in the championship over all. starting with a 2 point win on sunday and sending donegal to the back door, yet again...

mooncatiii

sorry lawnseed pull ur headouta th ur ass/sand!  4000? where did u pull th figure from, it can be guaranteed that ballybofey will be a full house on sunday and th majority will as usual be armagh!

as for the comments about joe being scared be serious will ya, he simply preferred clones as more fans r fit to view the it makes sense with both counties having a large following after all they did fill corker a few times in recent years
shazam