An Dún v Muineachán

Started by An Cloch Scoilte, May 22, 2007, 09:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lisdoon1

Cheers Whitehair . . . .

Is the throw in not 16.00????

Mourne Rover

The throw-in is definitely 4pm. It's a bit hard to believe that Jackie Lynch is starting and Paul Murphy, who was excellent against Cavan, is on the bench. There must be a chance that Dan Gordan's hand is still a problem and Murphy will appear instead. Monaghan will be a physical side, which is where Lynch comes in, but Murphy has a fantastic engine, wins breaking ball all day and can take a score as well. John Clarke has the ability to do the job, but the indications in the first Cavan game were that he may not be cut out to play in the same half-back line as Ronan Murtagh. This could be a tight one.

lisdoon1

Will be tight surely, not so suprised on Lynch.

He had a good game against cavan, with Eoin Lennon back for The Farney, Lynch will being that good physical presence.

It must have been a touch decision for Ross & DJ to leave Murph out though

Out in Front

Bank of Ireland Ulster Senior Football Championship Quarter Final - Down v Monaghan at Pairc Esler at 4.00pm

Ulster Junior Camogie Final - Down v Derry at Pairc Esler at 2.15pm

Leinster Junior Hurling Shield - Down v Longford at Pairc Esler at 12.30pm

Oak Leafer

Much as i would like to see Down back in the big time guys, i can't see it bein this year. Monaghan have far too much firepower for them. I reckon Down have prob the worst defence in Ulster. From what i seen against Cavan, this hasn't changed any.  I see smeone lashed out at similar comments sayin people thot Cavan wud do the same BUT Cavan are nowhere near the same level as Monaghan. As a derry man i would love to play Down in the Ulster final cos Bradley would have a field day!!

TORGAEL

Have to agree with "out in front" in that im glad to see Jacky Lynch starting on sunday. He adds a degree of physicality to the midfield & this will certainly be required v Monaghan.

Brick Tamlin

boys i cant see it happening, still think that nurphy will be starting and team will be as per Cavan game with Clarke being the only switch,.....

GrandMasterFlash

And from our side of the fence we have selected probably the best half-back we've had for years in Gary McQuaid at Full Back! There's no doubt it's gonna take a guy with pace to keep Benny quiet but this selection seems somewhat odd! Banty has Vinney Corey selected at CHB who is also a very pacey defender who can get forward and take a score but it would seem more intuitive to place him in FB and move Gary McQuiad out to CHB. So it might not line out as it's announced either...

Watch this space!

goldenyears

what is the attraction with jack lynch lads?I really dont understand it

5 Sams

I have to agree with Brick Tamlin...Ross is at it again....if Murph is fit he'll start....the only thing stopping him from playing is if he has damaged the arm again.
The Aristocrat Years

Stranworst

Can't believe Murphy hasn't been named in the line up, time to get on to my housemate I think see what the real craic is with the team!!

downredblack

Jack Lynch is an honest big lad that has worked hard for us in the two games he has played in and I don't think we can ask more than that . This time last year we had one midfielder now we potentially have three, having a bench that we can actually look at to make a difference is something we haven't had for some time .

amallon

BBC site says that Murph's exclusion is due to his injured hand. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

greygoose

Murph is starting on sunday i hear

thebandit

Banty should be gaaged on the week before a match