An Dún v Muineachán

Started by An Cloch Scoilte, May 22, 2007, 09:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

Quote from: thebandit on June 08, 2007, 04:37:55 PM
Banty should be gaaged on the week before a match

Banty should be gagged. IMHO he's not going to take the team forward.

Can still see Monaghan having a good day on Sunday and winning by 2/3 points. But doubt they have it in them to put a run of wins togther in championship football. Far too inconsistented and squad is limited, particularly in defence.

Not going myself on Sunday, other commitments and am strangely not too bothered for a change. Picked the wife's tickets up last in cloghan and think €27 for a 1st round championship match with a camoige opener is way too steep. GAA are going to drive the fair weather support away, in a time when they should be attempting to embrace them.

lfdown2

anybody know where on the web i can listen to the game?

Out in Front

Quote from: lfdown2 on June 09, 2007, 03:24:30 AM
anybody know where on the web i can listen to the game?

Try www.fivefm.co.uk - they are Newry based. According to their site you can download the plug-in.
They'll probably start broadcasting from Parc Esler around 3.30/3.45pm

armaghniac

Quoteanybody know where on the web i can listen to the game?

for a Monaghan view, and if the five fm plugin doesn't work, try

http://www.northernsound.ie/index.php
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Out in Front

Quote from: 5iveTimes on June 09, 2007, 10:58:31 AM
You may hope Northern Sound works, anything is better than 5fm.

Is Northern Sound any better?

thebandit

JP Graham will be commentating on the game on Northern Sound with NUdie a co-commentator.

I'm not sure which of them is worse.

Square Ball

why was the start delayed?

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Crowds delayed the throw-in.......it's on live on 100.5FM
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Main Street

Goal for Monaghan, 2 point lead, 5 mins left,
Rte Ad break  >:(

Main Street

:D
Monaghan stretch lead to 4 points, going into extra time

from RTE

Monaghan got the result of the day in football by beating Down 2-15 to 1-15 at Páirc Esler in Newry.

The game was an ill-tempered affair and it took two goals from Castleblaney Faughs star Ciaran Hanratty and a barnstorming finish from Paul Finlay to see the Farney through.

It was the first time since 1988 that Monaghan recorded a Championship win over their Mourne neighbours.

down22

Same old, same old.

Congrats to Monaghan. By far the better team and they should be real contenders for Ulster this year.

Cloc Mor

Our defence must be one of the worst in championship football.  Not one of the 6 dominated their opponent and were pulled to pieces constantly.  Mc Guigan in particular was destroyed yet wasn't substituted.  We have a panel of near 40 players yet not one of the sub defenders were deemed to be better than that which was on the field.  Why are some of these guys wasting their time if they are not going to be played?  Obviously the kudos of being on the panel is enough for these players.  Surely they would be better playing for their clubs than warming the bench.  The Longstone lads thought this and pulled the pin.  If some of these subs had any pride in themselves they would do the same as Carr has no faith in them and wont put them on.  If he had, they would have been put on today - on a day when our 6 defenders were shit.

Whitehair

Agree with Clor Mor, might be wrong but thought mc guigan started on hanratty, was switched off him and then back on him again. Was he supposed to have improved significantly in 40min? Thought Murph had a good game, Packie and Mc Govern arent up to the level. Any word on when Dee Rafferty would be back at county level, playing club football again.

lisdoon1

Cloc Mhor,

totally agree.

Paul Murph was a machine today, unreal engine in him & covered every blade of grass

Cloc Mor

Not sure Whitehair about the switches but know he was dund, like many others.  Murphy took two good points and did well throughout.  Packie and Mc Govern were off the pace and I thought the same could be said for Carr who had a brutal first half but improved in the second.  How did Hughes remain on the field?  He must have touched the ball half a dozen times in the game and contributed nothing.  Coulter was well maked throughout and was very disappointing.

Based on this performance we are no further on than we were this time last year.  Just hope we can avoid Armagh in the qualifiers but knowing our luck, thats who we will pull.