GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on September 01, 2020, 09:46:07 AM
https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/sports-clubs-in-skerries-shut-doors-amid-local-concerns-following-face-licking-covid-video-39493752.html

f**king shower of twats - guessing who'll be infected next. I'm sure the sports clubs there are thinking the same way. >:(

Ok, I over did it with the excessive language, but what the hell were they thinking?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Itchy

Quote from: sid waddell on September 01, 2020, 09:18:57 AM
Sport in Ireland linked to at least 55 cases in August

The GAA can shut up moaning now

yes, how dare they ask for the data that been generated within their own association. I mean, it might tell them how well or not they are doing at implementing the rules imposed on them or something stupid like that

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 01, 2020, 10:10:47 AM
https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/sports-clubs-in-skerries-shut-doors-amid-local-concerns-following-face-licking-covid-video-39493752.html

f**king shower of twats - guessing who'll be infected next. I'm sure the sports clubs there are thinking the same way. >:(

Ok, I over did it with the excessive language, but what the hell were they thinking?

Prety much everything sports wise in Skerries is locked down.

Thats what happens when your town is known for molesting goats

Blowitupref

Another increase in Dublin case numbers expected this evening I'd wonder how many have come from such stupidity.

Can you break it down a little more.

How many of the 55 are GAA related?

How many from fellas standing outside watching a game?

How many from car pooling?

GAA heads seeking logic on decisions made should not be told to shut up.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

sid waddell

Quote from: Blowitupref on September 01, 2020, 04:18:04 PM

Another increase in Dublin case numbers expected this evening I'd wonder how many have come from such stupidity.

I think most reasonable people would agree that GAA people seeking special treatment at the expense of the rest of society should indeed be told to shut up, and firmly so

Blowitupref

Quote from: sid waddell on September 01, 2020, 05:25:04 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on September 01, 2020, 04:18:04 PM

I think most reasonable people would agree that GAA people seeking special treatment at the expense of the rest of society should indeed be told to shut up, and firmly so

I'm as reasonable as they come. Logic was seeked not special treatment.

And I'm still waiting for that breakdown.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

rodney trotter

They seeked logic in a arrogant way, calling the decision ridiculous, when it was NPET who had the evidence and not the GAA. They might have got a reply had they went about it better.

Blowitupref

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 01, 2020, 07:14:13 PM
They seeked logic in a arrogant way, calling the decision ridiculous, when it was NPET who had the evidence and not the GAA. They might have got a reply had they went about it better.

Got no reply so far and Dr Glynn said he would meet with them and I doubt he'll tell them to shut up. GAA was left confused by the decisions and had to asked was it ok to allow parents at underage games. Was doing that arrogant also?

Rossfan

It was Horan's reaction summoning the NPHET to come in and explain themselves as if he was in charge of the Country.
A statement expressing disappointment followed by a few quiet phone call would have been the way to go.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rodney trotter

Yeah, it's surprising Dr Glynn didn't reply sooner. Just a pandemic, a dilemma over school's opening..

A parent attending  a under age match would have been necessary anyway with social protection.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Blowitupref on September 01, 2020, 07:21:51 PM

Got no reply so far and Dr Glynn said he would meet with them and I doubt he'll tell them to shut up. GAA was left confused by the decisions and had to asked was it ok to allow parents at underage games. Was doing that arrogant also?

Other sports managed to ask that question without making demands

Blowitupref

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 01, 2020, 09:58:41 PM

Demands such as?

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 01, 2020, 07:29:37 PM

A parent attending  a under age match would have been necessary anyway with social protection.

It was first believed parents were only allowed to bring the child to matches and wait outside until games and training was over.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Blowitupref on September 01, 2020, 10:49:28 PM

Demands such as?

A meeting with NEPHAT and to see the underlying analysis. Keep up please.

Their firsr call should have been to other sports bodies to organise a united front.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 02, 2020, 11:00:34 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on September 01, 2020, 10:49:28 PM

Demands such as?

A meeting with NEPHAT and to see the underlying analysis. Keep up please.

Their firsr call should have been to other sports bodies to organise a united front.

Wasn't a demand. The statement clearly states, the association issued an invitation to Dr Glynn to meet with its Covid Advisory Group.

rodney trotter

He likely has plenty other issues to contend with. Replying to the GAA wouldn't have been top priority.  Publicans looking to open after being closed for 6 months,  tourists entering the country with no quarantine. Schools looking for more guidance on how to deal with the virus, and class numbers being restructured.

The GAA crowd ban is until the 13th of September, they have a time frame unlike say a publican,