Mayo v Donegal, Elverys McHale Park, Aug 03, 6pm

Started by highorlow, July 22, 2019, 09:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 02, 2019, 08:18:21 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 02, 2019, 04:22:41 PM
Quote from: Randy on August 02, 2019, 03:08:42 PM
Mayo All-Star goalkeeper David Clarke has been ruled out of the crucial Mayo versus Donegal Super 8s game in Elverys MacHale Park tomorrow evening (Saturday) at 6 p.m.

Clarke picked up an injury in training and his place between the posts will be taken by Robert Hennelly for this winner-takes-all clash.

Donal Vaughan has also picked up an injury and is not in the named starting 15.

While Patrick Durcan, Keith Higgins, Matthew Ruane and Diarmuid O'Connor are not named in the team, it is expected that Durcan, Higgins and Ruane will be on the bench. There is still a slight worry about Diarmuid O'Connor.

The Mayo team is as follows: R. Hennelly, C. Barrett, B. Harrison, E. O'Donoghue, L. Keegan, C. Boyle, S. Coen, S. O'Shea, A. O'Shea, F. McDonagh, J. Doherty, F. Boland, C. O'Connor, D. Coen, J. Carr.

https://www.con-telegraph.ie/sport/roundup/articles/2019/08/02/4177749-clarke-ruled-out-of-donegal-clash/

Would have to wonder who is the mole in the current Mayo senior set up leaking this news to the Con telegraph.?

You'd definitely wonder alright. The meath match was the first one in ages that hadn't been leaked

Doubt that team will start mind you, at least 2 changes

I wonder who was on holiday for that match. That would be the rat!!

MayoBuck

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 02, 2019, 09:38:30 PM
Mayo All-Star goalkeeper David Clarke has been ruled out of the crucial Mayo versus Donegal Super 8s game in Elverys MacHale Park tomorrow evening (Saturday) at 6 p.m.

Clarke picked up an injury in training and his place between the posts will be taken by Robert Hennelly for this winner-takes-all clash.

While Patrick Durcan, Keith Higgins, Matthew Ruane and Diarmuid O'Connor are not named in the team, it is expected that Durcan, Higgins and Ruane will be on the bench. There is still a slight worry about Diarmuid O'Connor.

The Mayo team is as follows: R. Hennelly, C. Barrett, B. Harrison, E. O'Donoghue, L. Keegan, C. Boyle, S. Coen, S. O'Shea, A. O'Shea, F. McDonagh, J. Doherty, F. Boland, C. O'Connor, D. Coen, J. Carr.

https://www.con-telegraph.ie/sport/roundup/articles/2019/08/02/4177749-clarke-ruled-out-of-donegal-clash/

Would have to wonder who is the mole in the current Mayo senior set up leaking this news to the Con telegraph.?

You'd definitely wonder alright. The meath match was the first one in ages that hadn't been leaked

I'd be taking any of those leaked teams with a pinch of salt, myself.

That's the starting 15 on the programme but of course there will be changes. Higgins and Durcan will start anyway.

moysider

Quote from: MayoBuck on August 02, 2019, 10:47:16 PM

That's the starting 15 on the programme but of course there will be changes. Higgins and Durcan will start anyway.

I dunno? If McLoughlin isn't injured I can't imagine him not starting?

Hound

Anyone worked out what the permutation is that would allow both these teams to qualify? (however unlikely!)

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Hound on August 03, 2019, 07:28:54 AM
Anyone worked out what the permutation is that would allow both these teams to qualify? (however unlikely!)

Meath to beat Kerry by 3 and Mayo to win by 1.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: moysider on August 02, 2019, 11:38:21 PM
Quote from: MayoBuck on August 02, 2019, 10:47:16 PM

I dunno? If McLoughlin isn't injured I can't imagine him not starting?

I can. I think he's been poor any time he started all year and makes a better impact off the bench.

Farrandeelin

J70

larryin89

Quote from: J70 on August 03, 2019, 01:53:17 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 03, 2019, 10:11:53 AM
So much for the Donegal injury crisis. ::)

What have you heard?

Shur there's nothing to hear and never has been ,clean bill bar eoin ban Gallagher . That's always been the case
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Cunny Funt

Quote from: J70 on August 03, 2019, 01:53:17 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 03, 2019, 10:11:53 AM
So much for the Donegal injury crisis. ::)

What have you heard?

Donegal program team remains to be seen if they will start as selected.

S Patton
P McGrath
N McGee
S Mcmenamin
R McHugh
D Ó Baoill
Ó McFadden Ferry
H McFadden
J McGee
C Thompson
N O'Donnell
J Brennan
P McBrearty
M Murphy
M Langan

whitey

recyclebin

Any good pubs to watch the match in Castlebar? Don't have a ticket and its on sky.

Tubberman

Quote from: recyclebin on August 03, 2019, 03:14:14 PM
Any good pubs to watch the match in Castlebar? Don't have a ticket and its on sky.

You could watch it in an sportlann right beside the pitch if u want to stay close to the action. or else mick Byrnes or Rays.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Itchy

Quote from: recyclebin on August 03, 2019, 03:14:14 PM

No, afraid not.