Mayo v Donegal, Elverys McHale Park, Aug 03, 6pm

Started by highorlow, July 22, 2019, 09:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

Hurson is the only ref that I've ever seen enforcing the steps rule.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Mayo Border

Quote from: rosnarun on July 23, 2019, 03:13:29 PM
Quote from: iorras on July 23, 2019, 01:50:17 PM
Quote from: inthrough on July 23, 2019, 10:29:10 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on July 23, 2019, 09:20:48 AM
Some prize for the winner , a semi final v Dublin . Donegal miles ahead of Mayo anyway but I personally would prefer a five/six point defeat to donegal in castlebar rather than a twenty point trimming at the hands of the dubs .
Not the greatest vote of confidence in a team I've ever seen ;D ;D ;D
Hes yeraaing, we do it as well sometimes
no he has lodt the one true faith . bad mouthing horan and mayo all summer , fe more of them here as well.
He has a remarkable similarity with the poster over on the Willy Joe Blog that goes under "Sean Burke . Constantly running the knife into Mayo,  then every now and again coming out with "Boyler is a great soldier " or some such patronising bull only to return immediately to Mayo are chokers etc never win anything etc etc. It takes a particular type of individual to invest so much time and effort into a campaign of negativity. You would wonder why he would even bother with a Mayo team discussion if not willing to support the team.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mayo Border on July 23, 2019, 07:50:06 PM
Some prize for the winner , a semi final v Dublin . Donegal miles ahead of Mayo anyway but I personally would prefer a five/six point defeat to donegal in castlebar rather than a twenty point trimming at the hands of the dubs .
no he has lodt the one true faith . bad mouthing horan and mayo all summer , fe more of them here as well.
He has a remarkable similarity with the poster over on the Willy Joe Blog that goes under "Sean Burke . Constantly running the knife into Mayo,  then every now and again coming out with "Boyler is a great soldier " or some such patronising bull only to return immediately to Mayo are chokers etc never win anything etc etc. It takes a particular type of individual to invest so much time and effort into a campaign of negativity. You would wonder why he would even bother with a Mayo team discussion if not willing to support the team.

Yeah. Leave the pessimism to me please. :)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

trileacman

Wouldn't like to be Donegal going in to this but the incentive of losing out on a SF spot like last year should see them over the line. An uninjured Mayo v Donegal would be very interesting and I'd think Mayo would win in such a scenario but alas those key Mayo players won't be back.

Clarke/Mayo have been found out on their kick-outs and they really need to do something drastic in the next 2 weeks to get their restarts fixed. For all the "messiah" talk I heard around Horan in the run-up to his appointment I'm sorely disappointed since. I certainly couldn't see Jimmy McG be so oblivious to the major problem that is the Mayo restarts.

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

BennyCake

Quote from: Rossfan on July 23, 2019, 06:16:25 PM
Ballagh left the darkness and came into the light in 1898.
Unfortunately their GAA club still refuses to come out of the cave.

I see. And is their pitch in Roscommon?

Angelo

Quote from: trileacman on July 23, 2019, 08:45:14 PM
Wouldn't like to be Donegal going in to this but the incentive of losing out on a SF spot like last year should see them over the line. An uninjured Mayo v Donegal would be very interesting and I'd think Mayo would win in such a scenario but alas those key Mayo players won't be back.

Clarke/Mayo have been found out on their kick-outs and they really need to do something drastic in the next 2 weeks to get their restarts fixed. For all the "messiah" talk I heard around Horan in the run-up to his appointment I'm sorely disappointed since. I certainly couldn't see Jimmy McG be so oblivious to the major problem that is the Mayo restarts.

I think it's only really been an issue with the injury absentees for Mayo.

Mayo have always been hugely physically intimidating in the middle of the pitch in the past - SOS, AOS, Parsons, Barry Moran, DOC, Vaughan, Keegan, Durcan, Ruane have all operated around there and their aerial ability and powerful running have strangled teams in big games for the most part. I think with the age and absentees at the minute they no longer have the same intimidating presence there and whereas in the past they didn't need much of a kickout strategy when it was knocked long, they now do.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

larryin89

Excuse me never in my life have said we are chokers , takes a special type of individual to drag someone's real identity and make shit up . Tosser
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

larryin89

I see there is a problem with our kickout strategy, but it's not all down to keeper , lack of options has to be factored in also . Losing ruane was massive this year he was the find of the last two years and was working well with aido . 
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Blowitupref

When it comes to injuries Donegal could be most hit for this game. Ban Gallagher out long term, Paddy McGrath, Neil McGee ruled out last Sunday, Jason McGee, Hugh McFadden went off injured v kerry on Sunday and McBrearty doubtful after a hamstring strain.

Con telegraph who are normally very accurate has stated that Keith Higgins, Diarmuid O'Connor, Matthew Ruane and Paddy Durcan will be in contention to return to action for this game.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Mayo Border

Quote from: larryin89 on July 23, 2019, 09:48:33 PM

Excuse me never in my life have said we are chokers , takes a special type of individual to drag someone's real identity and make shit up . t**ser
Larry before every league match you predicted a Mayo defeat.. We won a few if I remember. Galway were going to wipe the floor with us. Meath you predicted by 5 points. I hppe you're not placing bets on those predictions or you'll be skint. And how the hell could I know your real identity.

Angelo

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 23, 2019, 10:02:17 PM

When it comes to injuries Donegal could be most hit for this game. Ban Gallagher out long term, Paddy McGrath, Neil McGee ruled out last Sunday, Jason McGee, Hugh McFadden went off injured v kerry on Sunday and McBrearty doubtful after a hamstring strain.

Con telegraph who are normally very accurate has stated that Keith Higgins, Diarmuid O'Connor, Matthew Ruane and Paddy Durcan will be in contention to return to action for this game.

When did Ruane do his collarbone?

Before the Down game? So about 5/6 weeks ago?

I think it would be nigh on impossible to return from that before the final at the earliest, particularly given how open you are with a collarbone and the fact he wouldn't be able to get any training in.

Diarmuid O'Connor might be able to return to action this year but I'd imagine he will be unlikely to make the Donegal game.

The form of Aidan O'Shea is a real worry for Mayo, really struggled in the last couple of games and with all the injuries around that area they really need him to lead and carry the team. Thought Seamus O'Shea had a very good game against Meath but probably doesn't have 70 minutes in him at the minute.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Angelo on July 23, 2019, 10:09:49 PM

I think it would be nigh on impossible to return from that before the final at the earliest, particularly given how open you are with a collarbone and the fact he wouldn't be able to get any training in.

Diarmuid O'Connor might be able to return to action this year but I'd imagine he will be unlikely to make the Donegal game.

The form of Aidan O'Shea is a real worry for Mayo, really struggled in the last couple of games and with all the injuries around that area they really need him to lead and carry the team. Thought Seamus O'Shea had a very good game against Meath but probably doesn't have 70 minutes in him at the minute.

I believe it was exactly a month before the Kerry game, so should be about 7 weeks by the Donegal game, which I would have thought would be plenty time, especially given how quick a lot of recoveries have been made
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Angelo

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on July 23, 2019, 10:14:38 PM
Quote from: Angelo on July 23, 2019, 10:09:49 PM

I believe it was exactly a month before the Kerry game, so should be about 7 weeks by the Donegal game, which I would have thought would be plenty time, especially given how quick a lot of recoveries have been made

A collarbone is a very dodgy one, you wouldn't be able for any contact training until it is fully healed and if it's not fully healed and you take a big hit you're probably back at square. I'd be very surprised to see him back this year unless Mayo make the final.

Mayo4Sam14

How long would it usually take to fully heal though? I had thought it was 4-8 weeks
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Angelo

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on July 23, 2019, 10:41:02 PM
How long would it usually take to fully heal though? I had thought it was 4-8 weeks

Didn't he undergo surgery so I assume it was a pretty bad break?