Tír Eoghain vs Átha Cliath, An Omaigh, Sunday 4th August @ 4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 21, 2019, 09:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayop

TwoUpTwoDown

God there is some tripe being spouted on here. I thought we had it bad on our local boards with the like of STG and his many aliases! Turns out we are truly blessed. Lads there will be a tea a plenty throughout the ground for all patrons. If it's  a drop of Grandpa's favourite cough medicine you're after, then fork out the price of a stand ticket.

Back to the game. Is there any manager here who has an out and out desire to win this and maybe lay down a marker? I feel Dublin may want a stern challenge as they haven't faced one all year and last year in Omagh they were forced to break a sweat. My heart wants Tyrone to line out the subs and filter everyone back. Mickey Moynagh would do a job at full back maybe?? However my head says Mickey would fight to win a kick about in his back yard, so I think Tyrone could go hell for leather to win this.

omaghjoe

Quote from: dublin7 on July 23, 2019, 03:04:06 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 23, 2019, 12:44:48 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 23, 2019, 12:26:44 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 23, 2019, 10:43:51 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 22, 2019, 07:09:51 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 22, 2019, 06:24:31 PM
The way some of them got on in Omagh last year was disgraceful.

Would habe been nice to have been allowed buy a cup of tea in the main stand last year, but werent allowed in by the local stewards.

Stands were a long way from the pitch, but to be fair that was Mickey Harte's decision

There's tea available at the shop beside the toilets at the gortin road entrance. But let's be honest, it's not tea that they were after was it?
Can you understand how you can't be allowed into the stand when the stand is all ticket and reserved seating? Sure it would be chaos!! It's the equivalent of having a hill 16 ticket and walking across the pitch to the Hogan because you wanted to meet your mate in the bar...

Didn't want to get into the stand, just a cup of tea from the clubhouse. The stewards spiteful enjoyment at telling pensioners they coudn't get a cup of tea was particularly distasteful.

Sounds like you wanted to walk past where they actually sell the tea, to try and gain access to an area you didn't have a ticket for to ask for tea just to be annoying or didn't fancy joining a queue (God Forbid).

Also sounds like your complaining about your own stupidity.

Christ.

Yeah having a go a pensioners makes me the c**t. Cead Mile failte doesn't apply up there or maybe it just an anti dublin thing.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
A word of advice ....bring a flask next time.....sure isnt tht the way its been done this years, for ye wouldnt want thon tae any road naw, wad burn the mouth of ye and its like tar

Jayop

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on July 23, 2019, 03:40:00 PM
God there is some tripe being spouted on here. I thought we had it bad on our local boards with the like of STG and his many aliases! Turns out we are truly blessed. Lads there will be a tea a plenty throughout the ground for all patrons. If it's  a drop of Grandpa's favourite cough medicine you're after, then fork out the price of a stand ticket.

Back to the game. Is there any manager here who has an out and out desire to win this and maybe lay down a marker? I feel Dublin may want a stern challenge as they haven't faced one all year and last year in Omagh they were forced to break a sweat. My heart wants Tyrone to line out the subs and filter everyone back. Mickey Moynagh would do a job at full back maybe?? However my head says Mickey would fight to win a kick about in his back yard, so I think Tyrone could go hell for leather to win this.

I think you'll see about 75% full strength from both teams. Harte treats every game like championship anyway and no way he'll want to lose to Dublin in Omagh. Dublin have so many players at top top level even if they change 5/6 players it really won't make any difference. FFS Connolly is arguably the best player in the country and he could come in as one of the 5/6 changes.  ;D

I honestly feel Tyrone have been working on the second gameplan for Dublin in training all year while we've been playing the old running counter attack game to work our way through the games so far since Donegal. I really believe that Harte didn't want to have to switch to it against Cork and show his hand but probably felt that was the only way to get us out of jail in that game. I reckon we'll go back to running the ball with 1 up top for this so as not to give Gavin a trial run at beating us before *a potential* All Ireland final meeting.

dublin7

Tyrone's big problem is their defensive football works against the weaker teams and got them to the semi final but the system wont beat any of the top sides in Croke Park who will be in the semi finals.

He tried to go more attacking against Donegal and that didn't work so straight away switched back to what he knows in the qualifiers. Very difficult to suddenly go change tactics at this stage. If they are going to beat any of the top sides he has to at least play Donnelley up front with McShane. To think it took until half time for him figure this out against Cork when sitting back so deep clearly wasn't working would be worrying.

Dubs more than likely will be on the Sat night giving them only a 6 day turn around so I can't see players like Mannion, Kilkenny or McCaffrey starting. No coinidence Gavin took them off early in the 2nd half sat night when the game was won.

Jayop

Quote from: dublin7 on July 23, 2019, 04:08:33 PM

Tyrone's big problem is their defensive football works against the weaker teams and got them to the semi final but the system wont beat any of the top sides in Croke Park who will be in the semi finals.

He tried to go more attacking against Donegal and that didn't work so straight away switched back to what he knows in the qualifiers. Very difficult to suddenly go change tactics at this stage. If they are going to beat any of the top sides he has to at least play Donnelley up front with McShane. To think it took until half time for him figure this out against Cork when sitting back so deep clearly wasn't working would be worrying.

Dubs more than likely will be on the Sat night giving them only a 6 day turn around so I can't see players like Mannion, Kilkenny or McCaffrey starting. No coinidence Gavin took them off early in the 2nd half sat night when the game was won.

Who's the top sides so? We beat Donegal last year with it. Does that count? We beat Monaghan in a semi final last year, does that count? Or are we only talking about Mayo and Kerry? Mayo who didn't reach the super8 and Kerry who couldn't get out of a group with Monaghan and a poor Galway side?

Why anyone would be dopey enough to think that Harte didn't know what was happening on Saturday is beyond me. I think it's fairly obvious that he's been working on this second system all year and just didn't want to show it until Cork forced their hand. Kerry, Mayo or Donegal are not the teams Tyrone are worried about and we'd be reasonably confident of beating any of the three in a semi final.

Bookies favourite for the final is Tyrone and Dublin right now. Given that Kerry are pretty much assured of their place in the semi we're not too far away.

dublin7

Quote from: Jayop on July 23, 2019, 04:49:22 PM

Who's the top sides so? We beat Donegal last year with it. Does that count? We beat Monaghan in a semi final last year, does that count? Or are we only talking about Mayo and Kerry? Mayo who didn't reach the super8 and Kerry who couldn't get out of a group with Monaghan and a poor Galway side?

Why anyone would be dopey enough to think that Harte didn't know what was happening on Saturday is beyond me. I think it's fairly obvious that he's been working on this second system all year and just didn't want to show it until Cork forced their hand. Kerry, Mayo or Donegal are not the teams Tyrone are worried about and we'd be reasonably confident of beating any of the three in a semi final.

Bookies favourite for the final is Tyrone and Dublin right now. Given that Kerry are pretty much assured of their place in the semi we're not too far away.

He abandoned it immediately after Donegal. You can't suddenly switch systems and expect it to work perfectly, especially against the top sides in a big game like the semi final. If Tyrone aren't worried about Kerry or Donegal they should be. If they sit back on their 45m line in their defensive set up and concede possession to either team it won't end well for them.

Harte is not some tactical guru. He was out coached by bonner in the Donegal game and he won't be allowed narrow the pitch in Croker.

Jayop

Man you are boring as f**k.

Why can't you suddenly switch systems? You speak about Bonnar and Donegal in the same post as saying you can't do that shows what a fool you are. Did Donegal play the same tactics against Cavan or Meath as they did against Kerry, or did they suddenly switch it up and expect it to work perfectly?

Give your head a wobble. Sure Kerry or Donegal could beat us and that is what it is, but Tyrone are "worried" about Dublin because that's what all the teams with an eye on the AI are worried about. Tyrone now have two distinct systems that have both had a good run out this year. Neither would be a "sudden switch" because both have been tried and tested at this stage. Against Dublin in a potential final we wont even be able to rely on one of the two systems, we'll have to deploy both at various times during the game.

Jayop

Also don't bother replying again as I won't be replying to you. I hate talking to people who make a point, when that point is proven to be bollocks they cherry pick a part of that post to reply to instead of addressing the main point that was made. Not worth my time tbh.

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: Jayop on July 23, 2019, 05:15:37 PM
Also don't bother replying again as I won't be replying to you. I hate talking to people who make a point, when that point is proven to be bollocks they cherry pick a part of that post to reply to instead of addressing the main point that was made. Not worth my time tbh.

Jaysus lad lighten up. The logistics of a forum are wasted on you!!

Jayop

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on July 23, 2019, 05:53:59 PM
Quote from: Jayop on July 23, 2019, 05:15:37 PM

Jaysus lad lighten up. The logistics of a forum are wasted on you!!

Nah that style of posting would give a man aids tbh. It's WUM tactics 101. Not worth wasting my time engaging.

tonto1888

Quote from: Hound on July 23, 2019, 10:00:14 AM
Quote from: TheGreatest on July 23, 2019, 09:01:56 AM

Dont want to get involved in fan for fan tantrums .....
Should definitely have stopped there. underthebar and pricereilly are mindless cretins and interacting with them brings you down to their level.

Seconded as I've learned the hard way

tonto1888

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 23, 2019, 12:50:26 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 23, 2019, 12:26:44 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 23, 2019, 10:43:51 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 22, 2019, 07:09:51 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 22, 2019, 06:24:31 PM
The way some of them got on in Omagh last year was disgraceful.

Would habe been nice to have been allowed buy a cup of tea in the main stand last year, but werent allowed in by the local stewards.

Stands were a long way from the pitch, but to be fair that was Mickey Harte's decision

There's tea available at the shop beside the toilets at the gortin road entrance. But let's be honest, it's not tea that they were after was it?
Can you understand how you can't be allowed into the stand when the stand is all ticket and reserved seating? Sure it would be chaos!! It's the equivalent of having a hill 16 ticket and walking across the pitch to the Hogan because you wanted to meet your mate in the bar...

Didn't want to get into the stand, just a cup of tea from the clubhouse. The stewards spiteful enjoyment at telling pensioners they coudn't get a cup of tea was particularly distasteful.

See, what i saw with my eyes was a bunch of yobs who entered the terrace only to realise to their horror that their isn't a bar on it because,  amazingly, not every ground in the country has the facilities that croke park has.

When they were told they couldn't get through the gate to the bar for a drink, they proceeded to jump the fence and walk across the pitch(!) to the stand. My uncle was the steward on that gate and got called all sorts.

I'll finish by saying the majority of dublin fans carried themselves with dignity and respect and will be welcome back in two weeks. There's just an element of them that behave in a way that wouldnt fly in any other sport.

To be fair there's that element in every teams support, in all sports

trileacman

You've contradicted yourself about 3 times there. If it's so hard to suddenly change tactics then why was it so easy for Tyrone to do it at halftime v Cork? And how was it so easy to change from attacking to defending following the Donegal defeat? Likewise in the league how did we change from a team playing defensively and drawing with Roscommon to a team beating the Dubs in Croker?

Our defensive gameplan was a match for anyone this past 3 years bar Dublin. The old "won't trouble the top sides" analysis is very lazy. It was more than enough to make us the equal of Mayo/Kerry/Donegal/Monaghan/Galway the last 3 years and most games against them would have been a 50/50 shot with the tactics we had. Only the Dubs can overpower it with relative ease. Also the populist notion that the only way to beat the Dubs is to play offensively isn't born out of anything factual. They've played against all the styles and systems this past 5 years and conquered them all, should Tyrone open up at the back and go at Dublin they're as likely to get beaten as they are playing not to lose.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

dublin7

Quote from: trileacman on July 23, 2019, 09:12:44 PM

You've contradicted yourself about 3 times there. If it's so hard to suddenly change tactics then why was it so easy for Tyrone to do it at halftime v Cork? And how was it so easy to change from attacking to defending following the Donegal defeat? Likewise in the league how did we change from a team playing defensively and drawing with Roscommon to a team beating the Dubs in Croker?

Our defensive gameplan was a match for anyone this past 3 years bar Dublin. The old "won't trouble the top sides" analysis is very lazy. It was more than enough to make us the equal of Mayo/Kerry/Donegal/Monaghan/Galway the last 3 years and most games against them would have been a 50/50 shot with the tactics we had. Only the Dubs can overpower it with relative ease. Also the populist notion that the only way to beat the Dubs is to play offensively isn't born out of anything factual. They've played against all the styles and systems this past 5 years and conquered them all, should Tyrone open up at the back and go at Dublin they're as likely to get beaten as they are playing not to lose.

The blanket defence is done. Teams have copped on and it doesnt work anymore. Dubs humiliated Tyrone in the All Ireland semi final 2 yrs ago and bar 1st ten minutes of the final last year were in complete control and eased to their biggest All Ireland victory in the current era.

Mayo should have won a couple of All Irelands and at least put it up to dublin by going man on man. Kery have put it up to dublin going man on man as well.

If Tyrone sit back in their own half and let the dubs own the ball and dominate posession how exactly do you think Tyrone will win?

As for saying it worked in the league... BIG difference between then and now. How's things gone for league winners Mayo??. They bullied Kerry in the league final (that dublin didnt even make!!!) I think its safe to say Kerry and Dublin are different beasts now.