Armagh v Cavan (Sun - 02-06-19) Clones

Started by illdecide, May 27, 2019, 09:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smelmoth

Quote from: Itchy on June 06, 2019, 07:01:34 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 06, 2019, 04:59:40 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on June 06, 2019, 04:43:59 PM
What's the rules on the concussion protocol in GAA. Is it the same as rugby ie is it likely that Burns will miss out this week?

If it was documented as concussion then I think he would have to miss out. I read earlier in the week that Armagh were insisting he wasn't concussed so I'd imagine he will be available.

I wasn't aware of that rule, all I can say is I was very close to where he came off and I could see from him he was concussed and badly concussed at that.

Might as well be direct about this - you are a liar and a malicious one at that

Itchy

Quote from: smelmoth on June 06, 2019, 09:57:08 PM
What's the rules on the concussion protocol in GAA. Is it the same as rugby ie is it likely that Burns will miss out this week?

If it was documented as concussion then I think he would have to miss out. I read earlier in the week that Armagh were insisting he wasn't concussed so I'd imagine he will be available.

I wasn't aware of that rule, all I can say is I was very close to where he came off and I could see from him he was concussed and badly concussed at that.

If you say so.

tonto1888

Quote from: Itchy on June 06, 2019, 09:49:21 PM
Don't I he was definitely concussed on the side line, legs were gone and he was all over the shop. I'm not saying you can't recover from concussion in a week but if best medical practice says you don't play for 14 days then he shouldn't be playing. It would say a lot about player welfare for me if some stroke or loophole is found to allow him play. But would any manager do that, risk their players health? I'd hope not.

Who lying? McCorry said because of concussion protocol they wouldn't bring him back on again. He never said he was actually concussed. Are you a doctor by the way and are able to tell a player is definitely concussed without examining him?

Itchy

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 06, 2019, 10:00:03 PM
Don't I he was definitely concussed on the side line, legs were gone and he was all over the shop. I'm not saying you can't recover from concussion in a week but if best medical practice says you don't play for 14 days then he shouldn't be playing. It would say a lot about player welfare for me if some stroke or loophole is found to allow him play. But would any manager do that, risk their players health? I'd hope not.

Who lying? McCorry said because of concussion protocol they wouldn't bring him back on again. He never said he was actually concussed. Are you a doctor by the way and are able to tell a player is definitely concussed without examining him?

Nope not a doctor. Lads, I'm concerned about cavan first and  foremost. I know what I saw and others around me from both counties saw the same. You can believe it or call me a liar, up to you. I guess ye are getting thick because you know mcgeeney will play him anyway.

tonto1888

Quote from: Itchy on June 06, 2019, 10:07:16 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 06, 2019, 10:00:03 PM

Nope not a doctor. Lads, I'm concerned about cavan first and  foremost. I know what I saw and others around me from both counties saw the same. You can believe it or call me a liar, up to you. I guess ye are getting thick because you know mcgeeney will play him anyway.

If he was concussed, and no offence I'd rather hear that from a trained medical professional than a guy who made a finding from in the stands, then he shouldn't, and won't, play. If he does play then it means he wasn't concussed

smelmoth

Quote from: Itchy on June 06, 2019, 09:59:52 PM

If you say so.

Well let's walk this one through. You say the player was not merely concussed but badly concussed. Talk me through what you saw that allowed you to diagnose concussion? And then talk me through the visual indicators of bad concussion?

It can't be the manner in which he left the field as the player jogged freely from the pitch.
It can't be that they were unsteady on their feet as they they were not on their feet when the cut was treated? They then sat on the bench watching the game. Even in the front row you would have been 10 yards away from where he was sat. What did you see?

Itchy

Quote from: smelmoth on June 06, 2019, 10:22:18 PM

If you say so.

Well let's walk this one through. You say the player was not merely concussed but badly concussed. Talk me through what you saw that allowed you to diagnose concussion? And then talk me through the visual indicators of bad concussion?

It can't be the manner in which he left the field as the player jogged freely from the pitch.
It can't be that they were unsteady on their feet as they they were not on their feet when the cut was treated? They then sat on the bench watching the game. Even in the front row you would have been 10 yards away from where he was sat. What did you see?

I won't be walking anything through for you, I'm a malicious liar so what's the point.

smelmoth

Quote from: Itchy on June 06, 2019, 10:35:33 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on June 06, 2019, 10:22:18 PM

If you say so.

I won't be walking anything through for you, I'm a malicious liar so what's the point.

If you are that intent on proving my point I suppose I'll have to let you at it.

Angelo

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2019/06/04/news/jarlath-og-burns-wasn-t-concussed-during-cavan-clash-insist-armagh-1633870/

Seems it is more of a guideline than a rule.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

APM

Set yourself up nicely with an attempt to smear the Armagh management if Burns plays on Sunday. Well done!

Solo_run

Quote from: APM on June 07, 2019, 08:20:07 AM

Set yourself up nicely with an attempt to smear the Armagh management if Burns plays on Sunday. Well done!

They have been doing it all week with players and management

Itchy

Speaking afterwards, Orchard assistant boss Jim McCorry said Burns was "a wee bit fuzzy", before later commenting that "it wasn't the full concussion but we thought it best not to put him back in".

Must have been a half concussion so.

As for the rules...

For any kind of concussion suffered, the GAA's guidelines are clear – and the protocol advises that a return to competitive action for adult players should not be made until 'a minimum of seven days since diagnosis'.

but...

unless Armagh chose to ignore the GAA's guidelines

So are they clear rules or guidelines. We are none the wiser.

tonto1888

Quote from: Itchy on June 07, 2019, 09:37:34 AM
Speaking afterwards, Orchard assistant boss Jim McCorry said Burns was "a wee bit fuzzy", before later commenting that "it wasn't the full concussion but we thought it best not to put him back in".

As for the rules...

For any kind of concussion suffered, the GAA's guidelines are clear – and the protocol advises that a return to competitive action for adult players should not be made until 'a minimum of seven days since diagnosis'.

but...

And we don't know if he was concussed or not

Itchy

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 07, 2019, 09:46:21 AM

As for the rules...

but...

Well I believe he was based on what I saw.

Do you not think it odd that a fella who was your man of the match comes off and gets patched up but is not put back on the field when he was needed most?

LCohen

Quote from: Itchy on June 07, 2019, 10:20:12 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 07, 2019, 09:46:21 AM

As for the rules...

but...

Well I believe he was based on what I saw.

Do you not think it odd that a fella who was your man of the match comes off and gets patched up but is not put back on the field when he was needed most?

Given he hadn't touched the ball in the preceding 30 mins then no. But tell us more of what you saw.