Maigh Eo v Ros Comáin 25-5-19

Started by Farrandeelin, May 12, 2019, 09:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harold Disgracey

GalwayBayBoy

Galway v Roscommon Connacht final yet again for the 4th year in a row.

Great game in those conditions.

maigheo

Well done Roscommon. WJ Blog in meltdown already

GaillimhIarthair

Only seen the second half but was a good game in greasy conditions.  Lack of a reliable free taker did for Mayo.  Fair play to the Rossies, did well to squeeze out the win despite being down to 14 men for about the last 10 mins - Ros management lucky their sub strategy, or lack thereof, didn't backfire on them.  See ye in the Stadium in a few weeks time.

rodney trotter

GalwayBayBoy

Gough gifted Mayo that last free they missed too. Was never a free.

thewobbler

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 25, 2019, 08:49:12 PM

If was a free. He was dragged down with both hands. If that's even up for debate as a free then refs have no chance.

—-

Mayo confuse me.

Why would anyone start Hennelly when Clarke is available?

Why would anyone play McLoughlin as a corner forward when he's a roving half forward?

Why would you take off Darren Coen when he was the only forward on his game?

Why would you take off Doherty when there's no free takers on the field?

Why would you leave Harrison on Cox when he's setting destroyed?

Why wouldn't you put O'Shea in full forward for a few mins when Ros have 15 men back?

Every one of them has a GPS monitor on their back.

They should stop looking at stats and just show some common f**king sense.

Rudi

Delighted with that win. Mayo played with 15 men behind the ball in case you didn't notice. Roscommon had to work hard for frees again Mayo didn't. Great to finally beat Mayo in Castlebar. Cox and O Malley were super

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: thewobbler on May 25, 2019, 08:54:23 PM

If was a free. He was dragged down with both hands. If that's even up for debate as a free then refs have no chance.

Not for me at all. Ruane was backing into him trying to buy it and Gough fell for it.

Angelo

The inability of Mayo players to take shots off their weaker foot is a huge problem when it comes to their efficiency on goal. Only Keegan has show an aptitude for this in recent years and as this level when you get that split second in a scoring position you have to be able to take it on, it was their downfall tonight - that and Hennelly.

Very impressed to the tigerishness and tight defending of Roscommon, a bit over zealuos at times which coughed up a number of frees but Doherty had an off day on frees and Mayo's continued lack of a reliable left footed free taker is noted. McLoughlin has missed a few tap overs in recent years so I was shocked to see him take it. Surely O'Shea could have taken it on, it wasn't that difficult and McLoughlin looked a player low on confidence today.

The backdoor now a perilous route with Mayo, Monaghan and one of Tyrone/Dongeal guaranteed to be involved.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 25, 2019, 09:02:03 PM

Not for me at all. Ruane was backing into him trying to buy it and Gough fell for it.

I thought it was soft.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Main Street

That was a hard as nails enthralling game in the conditions, a well deserved victory for the Rossies on the day, Mayo were shrinking violets when it came to scoring points

macdanger2

Well done Rossies. They took their goal chances and that made the difference. Lack of a free taker cost us badly.

AOS and the kerryman were the best players on the pitch ino

It's a long way back to Croker from here

Rudi

Badge kisser gets blocked down and then a black card, karma's a  bitch Andy.

thewobbler

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 25, 2019, 09:02:03 PM

That's when smart attacking becomes bad defending. Not poor refereeing.