USHC Derry v Down

Started by Blacksheep, May 18, 2007, 08:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Will Hunting on May 21, 2007, 11:28:06 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 21, 2007, 09:55:32 AM
and maybe take a few of the boys back from the football squad

You watch it Lynchbhoy!! :o
well they are wasting their time playuing under paddy crozier...

leamtaighabu

as i said last week...derry's defence an midfield will be competitive but our forwards are poor...very poor...there is no one there that you could say will gurantee you 3-4 scores or the odd goal...they also do not have a great ball winning ability..need to keep the ball in the forwards so as to relieve the defence from constant pressure...a simple tactic of stop giving away frees will seriously limit our scoring potential...or even worse...if convery has an off day..
more scoring forwards in derry available...why are they not on ?? ??? ???

Derry Daisy

If we can keep this going, and maybe take a few of the boys back from the football squad

Lynchbhoy just curious as to who your referring to here?  Who would you bring in??

I agree with leamtaighabu, derry's forwards are very poor and depend far too much on big ruairi to take the scores.  There's bound to be better within the county!!!!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Derry Daisy on May 22, 2007, 10:29:22 AM
If we can keep this going, and maybe take a few of the boys back from the football squad

Lynchbhoy just curious as to who your referring to here?  Who would you bring in??

I agree with leamtaighabu, derry's forwards are very poor and depend far too much on big ruairi to take the scores.  There's bound to be better within the county!!!!

Mark Lynch for starters.
by all accounts worth his place on the hurling senior side if he was able to give it 100%

leamtaighabu

agree that lynch would be a good addition...so also would kevin mccloy...but being realistic that is not going to happen...
i could nearly gurantee that most of those starting forwards will not be starring for their respective clubs in the club ch'ship's...
there is definitely the basis of a good squad here an the ulster final is well within grasp...

leamtaighabu

cathal mckeever is probably another who could push for the hurling team...possibly as a half back mid-fielder releasing convery to the chf position...

lynchbhoy

Quote from: leamtaighabu on May 22, 2007, 12:33:35 PM
cathal mckeever is probably another who could push for the hurling team...possibly as a half back mid-fielder releasing convery to the chf position...
either he or Peter okane play wing half back with the other going to MF, then allowing Convery to CHF.
Think the forwards are a bit young and small...

oakleaf stateside

mc keever beat the derry team on his own when he played for ny y is he not on the panal?
Dont Do It

lynchbhoy

Quote from: oakleaf stateside on May 22, 2007, 08:27:23 PM
mc keever beat the derry team on his own when he played for ny y is he not on the panal?

think he opted for the football panel.
Doubt very much if the hurlers would leave him off if he was interested.

oakleaf stateside

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 23, 2007, 10:01:38 AM

thinking that. the word is that he is goin 2 live and play for carmen next year
Dont Do It

lynchbhoy

Quote from: oakleaf stateside on May 23, 2007, 12:42:21 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 23, 2007, 10:01:38 AM
thinking that. the word is that he is goin 2 live and play for carmen next year
cant blame him
work isnt great round that neck of the woods right now, and the current Derry boss less than inspiring, so I cant see him wanting to stick around after this season.
It largely depends on how KL get on in their championship.
If they happened to somehow win the ulster, then he will be back off to the states (and several players will retire)

Lecale2

Anybody going to the replay tomorrow? I hope the minor final before the main match is a bit closer than last year.

BBC
Three changes for Derry hurlers 

Derry have made three changes for Sunday's Guinness Ulster Senior Hurling semi-final replay against Down at Casement Park (1530 BST).
Stephen Henry replaces Cathal Brunton at left half-back while the other changes come in the attack.

Gareth O'Kane takes oven from Oisin McCloskey at right half-forward while Gavin Kelly is picked at right full-forward in place of Sean McBride.

The sides drew 0-16 to 1-13 in last weekend's drawn encounter.

Ruairi Convery hit 11 points for Derry including the injury-time equaliser.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Derry: J McEldowney, S McCullagh, M Conway, R McCloskey, P O'Kane, L Hinphey, S Henry, K Hinphey, R Convery, G O'Kane, C Quinn, R Kennedy, G Kelly, D McSorley, SL McGoldrick. Subs: D McDermott, O McCloskey, P McCloskey, B Dodds, C Brunton, S Bradley, C McQuillan, M Craig, N Bradley, S McBride, M Kirkpatrick, S Dodds, E McGuigan, P McGlade.

Whitehair

Down: Graham Clarke, L Clarke, S Murray, F Conway, G Clarke, A Dynes, M Ennis, B McGourty, A Savage, E Trainor, C Courtney, J Trainor, E Clarke, G Johnston, P Coulter.

Jerome Trainor, Ciaran Courtney and Paddy Coulter after drafted into the attack with Andy Bell, Gary Savage and Ciaran Coulter losing out.  Acording to the BBC.

I'l be going down tommorrow and I feel the minors have a real chance, they won the U-16 milk games at this age level and in mal magee and Conor Woods they'l have two of the best players on the pitch. Ive played in two minor championships in recent years and i feel this team has scoring forwards something which the teams in the last few years have been missing. Antrim always seem to score two goals in the first ten minutes at this level ending the contest, prevent that and we'l have a game!

robertemmet

The Derry website www.derrygaa.ie  has a poll to vote for who will win the replay tomorrow.  Derry are winning the poll, but will they win the game

leamtaighabu

i am going to go for a derry win by 4 pts...