No more evictions!

Started by Rossfan, December 16, 2018, 05:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 23, 2018, 10:08:06 AM
I don't think anyone doesn't apportion some blame to the banks/lenders but to go back to the famine times is daft, yes the process is the same, can't pay up eviction notice given, but this  guy is completely different, 800,000K over 9 years was it?

Ones being evicted won't die in a matter of months like they did during the famine, they could be re housed in s council estate after a period of time

There is a huge shortage of housing, that's the issue and the central argument of the article I pasted in

Rossfan

Exactly.
It's not as if Ros Co Co has 30 or 40 empty houses and no waiting list!
Anyway by not sticking to legal process (contempt if court e.g) and sending in the heavies to use force* the Bank has lost the high moral ground and opened the door for the person's unknown to respond with greater force.

* chucking 3 old timers out of a house 2 weeks before Christmas made it even worse.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on December 23, 2018, 10:46:06 AM
Exactly.
It's not as if Ros Co Co has 30 or 40 empty houses and no waiting list!
Anyway by not sticking to legal process (contempt if court e.g) and sending in the heavies to use force* the Bank has lost the high moral ground and opened the door for the person's unknown to respond with greater force.

* chucking 3 old timers out of a house 2 weeks before Christmas made it even worse.

So what time frame would you find acceptable for someone not paying their mortgage to getting kicked out? 12 missed payments? Or even 24 missed payments?

I'm completely coming at this from a very personal experience involving my parents, so I've every sympathy in the world for people put in a position, but bad calls or poor judgement doesn't mean you stay in a house rent free
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 23, 2018, 12:36:47 AM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on December 23, 2018, 12:22:04 AM
Lovely little family house up the road from us owned by the bank since 2010 or 2011
Nothing done with it since.
It's starting to go into disappear for need of maintenance

And yet all those families homeless around the country

Plenty people living in 4 bedroom houses and only using two bedrooms! Have you any room?
Actually no
We've a 2 bedroom house

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: east down gael on December 23, 2018, 03:15:40 AM
There's no country like us for pulling up the ladder on the ones below us.drives me mad.the 26 got independence using the same methods that 50 years later northerners used,yet the boys in '19 to '21 are a great bunch of lads and then the boys in the north are 'terrorists'.
   We leave our shores in the tens of thousands for every decade in living memory,looking for employment and to send a few quid home to Ireland.yet when some fellas from Eastern Europe come here and do the exact same thing,we ape the very worst xenophobic traits the English displayed towards ourselves which we've complained about since.
  This thread has shown me that the tactics of the banks and the super rich will always prevail.always!instead of asking why so many are finding themselves in these circumstances,we blame them.yet don't give a shite that the biggest tax dodgers of all get away Scott free,and we continuously vote in a spineless shower of shite who let them.
What's wrong with the lads from Poland and Latvia,

Insane Bolt

Live within your means....plain and simple. Never mind about keeping up with the 'Jones'.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Insane Bolt on December 23, 2018, 01:09:22 PM
Live within your means....plain and simple. Never mind about keeping up with the 'Jones'.
Yep. Plenty of these bleating cnuts in the south who are up to their necks were happy to reap the rewards when the going was good. The poor man wasnt given a second thought in the race for more of everything. The banks were great fellas giving cheap credit to allow you to live like a king. Oh the market has changed and you now can't afford to live like a king. Any chance of a handout? Bastard banks.

sid waddell

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 23, 2018, 03:01:27 PM
Yep. Plenty of these bleating cnuts in the south who are up to their necks were happy to reap the rewards when the going was good. The poor man wasnt given a second thought in the race for more of everything. The banks were great fellas giving cheap credit to allow you to live like a king. Oh the market has changed and you now can't afford to live like a king. Any chance of a handout? b**tard banks.
I've yet to read anything in support of these chancers other than incoherent, nonsensical rants with vague, confused appeals to right-wing, ultra-nationalist emotion such as this.

Tony Baloney

Personal accountability isn't a right-wing construct.

Rossfan

Protest in Strokestown today hijacked by Shinners.
Eugene Murphy local man and FF TD heckled and booed and not allowed finish his speech.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trailer

Quote from: Rossfan on December 23, 2018, 05:34:31 PM
Protest in Strokestown today hijacked by Shinners.
Eugene Murphy local man and FF TD heckled and booed and not allowed finish his speech.

Sinn Fein. The party of Law and Order. Lol

Orchard park

Think it was RSF Henry Owens who organised it but all the local politicians tripping over themselves to speak " compassionately "

Eugene Murphy  ( and I don't rate Him as a public rep at all)  i feel is trying to act in famly best interest  but at this stage the family are nearly a side show.  They should have st least met David Hall when he travelled down

trailer

In a way its clever what SF are trying to do. Link it back to some English Evictions 150 or 60 odd years ago. Stir up some ancient feelings. A lot of people falling for it. Including some on this board. Similar to what UK and BNP do in the UK. Linking things back to ancient England spirit of the blitz etc. Same ideas. Amazing that people still fall for it.

Rudi

Quote from: sid waddell on December 23, 2018, 03:41:02 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 23, 2018, 03:01:27 PM
Yep. Plenty of these bleating cnuts in the south who are up to their necks were happy to reap the rewards when the going was good. The poor man wasnt given a second thought in the race for more of everything. The banks were great fellas giving cheap credit to allow you to live like a king. Oh the market has changed and you now can't afford to live like a king. Any chance of a handout? b**tard banks.
I've yet to read anything in support of these chancers other than incoherent, nonsensical rants with vague, confused appeals to right-wing, ultra-nationalist emotion such as this.

That's because people like you hear what you want to hear. Nasty bit of stuff you are too.

Rudi

Quote from: trailer on December 23, 2018, 07:24:55 PM
In a way its clever what SF are trying to do. Link it back to some English Evictions 150 or 60 odd years ago. Stir up some ancient feelings. A lot of people falling for it. Including some on this board. Similar to what UK and BNP do in the UK. Linking things back to ancient England spirit of the blitz etc. Same ideas. Amazing that people still fall for it.

People are told what to do by the populist media. Two votes on the Lisbon treaty and recent  referendums. Now another scare campaign to get the Brits to re think Brexit.