No more evictions!

Started by Rossfan, December 16, 2018, 05:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on December 20, 2018, 01:08:35 AM
This is an email correspondence I had with a friend of mine who's originally from Roscommon, he studies Irish history and has published some books

It is not directly linked to this incident but he gives a few words on the history of the area. This is only for those who are interested. Again not my own words.   

Strokestown district was devastated during the 1845-1850 Holocaust. English landlord Pakenham-Mahon "owned" Strokestown and the surrounding 42.14 sq. miles (26,980 acres) on which basis he claimed ownership of the fruit of essentially all labor on those 26,980 acres. He murdered large numbers of his tenants by commandeering all of their agricultural production and evicting many, including babies and the senile, penniless, in all weather, often wet (with average summer temperature of 56˚ Fahrenheit and winter of 39˚). In or about "Black '47" Pakenham-Mahon evicted all tenants in "his" town land of Ballykilcline. They headed for Dublin on foot; most of them into oblivion.

The landlords Pakenham of Strokestown had other estates. A Pakenham was Lord Longford living in his Pakenham Hall, Castlepollard, Co. Westmeath. Relative General Sir Edward Pakenham was killed on January 8, 1815 while leading a British attack against America, in The Battle of New Orleans ("Down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico") but Ireland's Royal Dail and its corrupt academia still insist (as does Derek Warfield recently) that Ireland's landlords were Irish. Proof of their Englishness is also available in John Bateman's The Great Landowners of Great Britain and Ireland. London: Harrison & Sons 1878.

Due to the Parnell/Davitt Land League, including the Capt. Boycott incident, and to international outrage at England's destruction of the Irish, the British government in 1900-1920 bought out its landlords from Ireland (at above-market prices) and those not already in England (or the Continent) repatriated. The "golden handshakes" granted them was so munificent that, to amortize it out of the "striped" survival farms distributed to the Irish producers on the land, the repayment period was set at 68.5 years. My father and all of our neighbors in Co. Roscommon, and presumably the rest of Ireland, were still paying that annual "Rent" in addition to "Rates" (taxes) into the 1970s. Echoes of this historic injustice resonate in the foisting of the $78 billion of bankster losses onto Ireland's taxpayers (who had nothing whatever to do with incurring such debt), and to the recurrence of evictions in Ireland.

A particularly repulsive feature of Ireland's Royal Dail and its academia is that the Strokestown Big House of the Pakenham-Mahon estate is now Ireland's official "Famine Museum." Visitors seeking to learn the identity of the British regiment that starved their relatives are directed, instead, to admire the landlord's palatial residence and furnishings (that had been squeezed out of the unpaid labor of their Irish tenants

The similarities between Pakenman and this family (McGanns?) is unreal. Both illegally occupying land in Roscommon. Then (allegedly) organising a vigilante gang to evict the rightful people in the middle of the night, burning vehicles, killing dogs and injuring people.

Rossfan

False allegations of criminal activity levelled against named person's there Mods.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dire Ear

Quote from: Rossfan on December 20, 2018, 09:44:25 AM
False allegations of criminal activity levelled against named person's there Mods.
100%

rosnarun

Quote from: trailer on December 18, 2018, 05:15:36 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 18, 2018, 04:02:35 PM
https://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/irish-news/chaotic-scenes-in-dil-as-varadkar-accuses-sinn-fin-of-letting-the-balaclava-slip-with-reaction-to-roscommon-vigilante-attack-37637756.html

Sinn Fein didn't like that. Truth hurts I suppose.
its shocking though to hear a leader make Quips about balaclavas to sinn fein when it took decades and a lot of courage for them to discard the armed struggle,
it shows a crass lack of sensitivity fro a Taoiseach,
esp one the oversees the guards wearing them in dawn Raids
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

trailer

Quote from: rosnarun on December 20, 2018, 11:29:46 AM
https://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/irish-news/chaotic-scenes-in-dil-as-varadkar-accuses-sinn-fin-of-letting-the-balaclava-slip-with-reaction-to-roscommon-vigilante-attack-37637756.html

its shocking though to hear a leader make Quips about balaclavas to sinn fein when it took decades and a lot of courage for them to discard the armed struggle,

Yes, how courageous it is of Sinn Fein to stop shooting people.

seafoid

Quote from: trailer on December 20, 2018, 11:49:16 AM
Quote from: rosnarun on December 20, 2018, 11:29:46 AM

Yes, how courageous it is of Sinn Fein to stop shooting people.
Trailer

you belong on Conservative Home

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Orchard park on December 17, 2018, 08:43:38 AM
2 of those evicted owe nothing to nobody if I recognise the correct house from footage last night.....
That's kinda the way I am thinking too.
For me, the blame game starts with the actions of the "security" thugs who burst into the house without warning and used extreme violence to drag the occupants outside.
Only one of the three involved owned the property being seized, if I am reading things correctly.
So it's logical to assume the other pair were innocent of any court eviction order. In other words, they were asualted and manhandled by unknown men wearing black uniforms and speaking with northern accents.
Anyone in a rural area in the west of Ireland live in constant fear of having their houses broken into and ransacked at any hour of the day- or night. The sight of eight heavily armed goons bursting into the house and laying into all about them could have had very serious consequences.
If one or more of the residents happened to have a heart problem, we could be talking about a funeral or two now. Seems nobody complicit in this attack on the residents took this possibility into account.

By my reckoning, the bank, the guards and the legal system that allows such violent attacks on unsuspecting, elderly people should shoulder much of the blame.
In any event, I can't see how the actions of the eight thugs who started the craic can be justified reasonable under any circumstances.
Talk about using a sledgehammer to crack a nut!
I can't condone the actions of the people who bet the f**k outa the security bullies but I can understand their anger. While one can expect the cops to attempt to apprehend those who used baseball bats to express their point of view, the conduct of the eight who got a taste of their own medicine shouldn't be overlooked either.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

sid waddell

The criteria for being "elderly" has suddenly widened significantly.

Who knew being your 50s now counted as being "elderly"?

It's a good job for those who engaged in wanton assult, violence and destruction that they don't come from an ethnic minority.

Because if they did, you can be damn well sure there wouldn't be such "understanding" of why they did it from so many people.

Different strokes for different folks though, I guess.

gallsman

"Extreme Violence" Lar?!

Would you ever f**k away off with that shite.

trailer

Quote from: Lar Naparka on December 20, 2018, 12:14:01 PM
Quote from: Orchard park on December 17, 2018, 08:43:38 AM
2 of those evicted owe nothing to nobody if I recognise the correct house from footage last night.....
That's kinda the way I am thinking too.
For me, the blame game starts with the actions of the "security" thugs who burst into the house without warning and used extreme violence to drag the occupants outside.
Only one of the three involved owned the property being seized, if I am reading things correctly.
So it's logical to assume the other pair were innocent of any court eviction order. In other words, they were asualted and manhandled by unknown men wearing black uniforms and speaking with northern accents.
Anyone in a rural area in the west of Ireland live in constant fear of having their houses broken into and ransacked at any hour of the day- or night. The sight of eight heavily armed goons bursting into the house and laying into all about them could have had very serious consequences.
If one or more of the residents happened to have a heart problem, we could be talking about a funeral or two now. Seems nobody complicit in this attack on the residents took this possibility into account.

By my reckoning, the bank, the guards and the legal system that allows such violent attacks on unsuspecting, elderly people should shoulder much of the blame.
In any event, I can't see how the actions of the eight thugs who started the craic can be justified reasonable under any circumstances.
Talk about using a sledgehammer to crack a nut!
I can't condone the actions of the people who bet the f**k outa the security bullies but I can understand their anger. While one can expect the cops to attempt to apprehend those who used baseball bats to express their point of view, the conduct of the eight who got a taste of their own medicine shouldn't be overlooked either.

An the award for best fictional post of 2018 goes to.......

Lar Naparka

Quote from: gallsman on December 20, 2018, 01:22:51 PM
"Extreme Violence" Lar?!

One of the men inside said he was "dragged out by the ears." In the absence of any evidence to the contrary, I believe him. In any case, I would class eight big brutes breaking into any house at any time for any reason and dragging the occupants outside as being extremely violent behaviour.

Even if they knocked on the door and/or forced their way in, I could accept it as being necessary perhaps.
But three oul' fellas against eight uniformed brutes who burst in on top of them without warning is a different matter.
What if one of them was badly injured or suffered a cardiac arrest in the process?
Furthermore, two of the men inside were had nothing to do with the matter in hand and yet got pulled out onto the street with "extreme violence", would you not agree?

gallsman

Quote from: Lar Naparka on December 20, 2018, 01:52:37 PM
"Extreme Violence" Lar?!

One of the men inside said he was "dragged out by the ears." In the absence of any evidence to the contrary, I believe him. In any case, I would class eight big brutes breaking into any house at any time for any reason and dragging the occupants outside as being extremely violent behaviour.

Even if they knocked on the door and/or forced their way in, I could accept it as being necessary perhaps.
But three oul' fellas against eight uniformed brutes who burst in on top of them without warning is a different matter.
What if one of them was badly injured or suffered a cardiac arrest in the process?
Furthermore, two of the men inside were had nothing to do with the matter in hand and yet got pulled out onto the street with "extreme violence", would you not agree?

a) "one of the lads said" is not evidence of anything yet you insist on evidence to the contrary to disprove it. There were guards overseeing it. You really think a lad was dragged out by his f**king ears and nobody noticed or thought "that's a bit f**king rough, isn't it?"

b) the occupants were two males and one female, something you seem to have missed on a couple of occasions, leading me to doubt how much you've actually read or understand about the case

c) being in your 50s and early 60s is not "elderly"

d) the security men (whoever they were) were effecting a court authorised eviction. Hence the presence of the guards. Whether they owned the property or not is irrelevant. I can hardly march the f**k into your house and demand that nobody can evict me because I don't own the f**king place now, can I?

Seriously, has someone hacked your account?!

Lar Naparka

Quote from: gallsman on December 20, 2018, 03:05:21 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on December 20, 2018, 01:52:37 PM
"Extreme Violence" Lar?!

a) "one of the lads said" is not evidence of anything yet you insist on evidence to the contrary to disprove it. There were guards overseeing it. You really think a lad was dragged out by his f**king ears and nobody noticed or thought "that's a bit f**king rough, isn't it?"

b) the occupants were two males and one female, something you seem to have missed on a couple of occasions, leading me to doubt how much you've actually read or understand about the case

c) being in your 50s and early 60s is not "elderly"

d) the security men (whoever they were) were effecting a court authorised eviction. Hence the presence of the guards. Whether they owned the property or not is irrelevant. I can hardly march the f**k into your house and demand that nobody can evict me because I don't own the f**king place now, can I?

Seriously, has someone hacked your account?!
Like you, I wasn't present at the eviction and can't say for certain what actually happened. I am going by newspaper reports and you appear to be fuelled by predjudice. At least, I can find no logical basis for your accusations.
I did put "dragged out by the ears" in quotations because I was obviously quoting, from a newspaper account.
The same paper carried tghois description of the eviction.

"Video footage of the eviction shows members of the team — believed to be based in the North — pinning an old man to the ground.

Two other security men, who are all wearing black, wrestled with another man and put him in a hold before pushing him off the property with the help of others.

Here are two photos, one of eack brother; I don't imagine that their wouonds were self-inflicted, do you?
My point all along has been that a disportinate degree of force was used to get the occupamts ut of the house.Incidentally, only ondeof the three was the subject oof the eviction order.
All three could have been seriously injured because of the extent to which they were manhandled.
Now, you may think all of this is hearsay and who needs evidence when they have their own agenda but I will accept that the reporters/photghraphers in question were in a better position to judge what went on at the eviction.

Itchy

There were once people who took the soup, then there were castle catholics and I'm convinced their offspring are those that go around justifying the brutal removal of Irish men from their houses by a bunch of thug Loyalist Grippers.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Itchy on December 20, 2018, 04:27:47 PM
There were once people who took the soup, then there were castle catholics and I'm convinced their offspring are those that go around justifying the brutal removal of Irish men from their houses by a bunch of thug Loyalist Grippers.

FFS would you wise up. This kinda shite is what's wrong with this place. No one is defending the obviously heavy handed approach of the 'security' company. They were out of line on how they dealt with this. Taking the soup and castle catholic's has no place beside a situation where someone is being legally evicted for non payment of debts to a bank. We may not like it but if someone doesn't pay their mortgage for 9 years which seems to be the case here then you can't blame the bank for wanting to realize an asset that can discharge that debt. Yerra stick it up the banks ye bastards and we'll fight you to the end ....every penny not repaid on a debt means that someone else has to pick the tab up under the way things are run, either by increased bank charges, higher interest rates or government subsidies. He owed in the region of €800k by all accounts and discharged some of it. Why should he not have to pay the rest?