Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Fair play to Kildare and O Neill. From losing all league games to losing to Carlow to beating the second best team in the country. Big win for Kildare. As for Mayo without question the best team never to win an All Ireland. In years to come people will rave about Higgins Keggan and Boyle. Very unlucky not to win the big one, they came up against a machine in 3 of those finals, not to mention Jimmys outfit another year. I have always had issues with their supporters, some of them are fine, some are pure animals. All of them however are passionate about their team and rarely you would see a game where only a couple turn up. They will be hurting this morning, but I feel a proud county like Mayo will always come back, with a bit of tweaking they will be contenders again in the coming years.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Football, bloody hell. Magical stuff and memories that will last forever.

giveballaghback

If ever there was a week that defined what the gaa is all about it has been this week. There has been a separation between  croke park and the ordinary gaa supporter, the cp ethos has evolved into a mini dictatorship and the same can be said of the provincial councils. Over the last several years fixtures and decisions have been made that made no sense, no fairness, no consultation, ride rough shod over the minions. The county boards fell into line for fear of repercussions down the line, that grant might not be as easy to access if we make noise so roll over.The first to make a stand was our manager Kevin McStay and that war is far from over.
This week Kildare took back power and showed what the real gaa is all about. Its about club, its about parish, its about county but above all else its about community, our own people representing us and what we are. A movement to take our organisation back has been started and a precedent has been set, 31 counties should be forever grateful to Kildare for that.   

Esmarelda

Diarmuid O'Connor's performance yesterday was one of the greatest in defeat in recent years.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Esmarelda on July 01, 2018, 01:25:52 PM
Diarmuid O'Connor's performance yesterday was one of the greatest in defeat in recent years.

Meanwhile his brother was nowhere to be seen when we needed someone to stand up and take a score. I think the scene at the end summed up Diarmuids performance when he was injured but kept going and the physio tried to treat him on the pitch but he struggled away from and kind of bounced off the pitch to not waste time
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Fear ón Srath Bán

O'Neill fully vindicated, and fair dues to those Flourbags, though it'll be a rather weird denouément to this year's Championship without the active participation of those mad passionate hoors from the Wesht! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Syferus

Christ.

Tubberman

Congrats to Kildare - worthy winners yesterday and very sound supporters after, a Kildare man stopped me on his out to the pitch to commiserate and remind me of the great days we had and that half of Kildare supported us over the past few years.
There was nothing left in the tank when the battle came to boiling point in last few mins, Kildare were ravenous, it reminded me of Mayo a few years ago.
It's been such a joy to follow this Mayo team since 2011, we never won the ultimate prize but we had so many great days that I will always remember with pride and joy.
Some players may bow out but we're not giving up football. Mayo will be back.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Tubberman

Quote from: Syferus on July 01, 2018, 02:33:31 PM

Christ.

He's a fantastic player but he's not the son of God Syf

joemamas

Christ.

His performance yesterday was just off the charts, he was incredible.
btw, why are you always such a tool

Syferus

Quote from: joemamas on July 01, 2018, 03:55:52 PM

Christ.

The irony.

DOC played well but what I quoted is incredible hyperbole. For how well he played, Mayo's midfield  collapsed for much of the final 15 minutes yesterday.

tc_manchester

Well. I got the whole thing wrong. I thought that kildare could beat Mayo but I didn't think they could do it in Newbridge. It was a cracking atmosphere and kildare didn't hide when the pressure came on. My lads were absolutely buzzing after the match. I've been dragging them to league matches and there was always little enthusiasm from them but I think they've now caught the same bug I caught from going to matches with my dad ;D

Esmarelda

Quote from: Syferus on July 01, 2018, 04:00:06 PM

Christ.

The irony.

DOC played well but what I quoted is incredible hyperbole. For how well he played, Mayo's midfield  collapsed for much of the final 15 minutes yesterday.
"one of the greatest in defeat in recent years". Where's the hyperbole? Name a half dozen more that you can think of and I might reassess my post.

Until then, your disagreement, as usual, only strengthens the point.

Tubberman

Quote from: Esmarelda on July 01, 2018, 06:49:21 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 01, 2018, 04:00:06 PM

Christ.

The irony.

"one of the greatest in defeat in recent years". Where's the hyperbole? Name a half dozen more that you can think of and I might reassess my post.

Until then, your disagreement, as usual, only strengthens the point.

He thought using the word 'hyperbole' would win the argument, regardless of whether it was appropriate or not.

Cunny Funt

DOC was outstanding for Mayo yesterday i was one of those that had my doubts based on underage level that DOC wouldn't cut it in midfield at senior level. No doubts anymore after that performance yesterday and the Mayo midfield next year should be built around DOC.