Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

I'm hoping for Kildare to win this but i think they've put a we bit of extra pressure on themselves for this game, they basically have to back this stance up. It would be embarassing if Mayo were to come down there and tear them a new arseh0*e, genuinely would like to see Kildare win this...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

seafoid

@ShaneSaint
Jun 3

"Tipp 2018 are the Mayo of 2017. Shambling and stumbling along, about to be killed off or about to take off."

Tipp were killed off.
Mayo 2018 are a year older and have lost their midfield.
Kildare will have to put in a massive shift to win but it may be possible. 

Rudi

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 29, 2018, 03:00:09 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on June 29, 2018, 02:47:26 PM
In fairness I can understand why the Kildare County Board and its patrons think GAA HQ is shite. After all you just have to look at the mess of the GAA in general, compared with the beacon of excellence that Kildare is, to realise where they're coming from. What they've got is a pyrrhic victory and the sad thing is they don't even realise it. But hopefully they'll have the rest of the summer to reflect on a season the high point of which was when they denied  thousands of their supporters the opportunity to watch them play a qualifier against the second best team in the country and I'm sure this will more than erase the memories of O'Connor park on 27 May

Thanks Ned. Must be hard being you.
So you don't see any element of truth in this?
Careful now

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on June 29, 2018, 03:51:07 PM
In fairness I can understand why the Kildare County Board and its patrons think GAA HQ is shite. After all you just have to look at the mess of the GAA in general, compared with the beacon of excellence that Kildare is, to realise where they're coming from. What they've got is a pyrrhic victory and the sad thing is they don't even realise it. But hopefully they'll have the rest of the summer to reflect on a season the high point of which was when they denied  thousands of their supporters the opportunity to watch them play a qualifier against the second best team in the country and I'm sure this will more than erase the memories of O'Connor park on 27 May

No I don't Ned because what you fail to understand every Kildare supporter knew the price. It was about more than a match, it was about principle and this Kildare team connecting with their supporters again. You won't hear one Kildare fan complain that we were outnumbered 2:1 at home. Win or lose Kildare supporters will be very proud of the stance they took.
It is always easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them - Alfred Alder
QuoteIn matters of style, swim with the current; In matters of principle, stand like a rock. - Thomas Jefferson
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 29, 2018, 04:03:35 PM

No I don't Ned because what you fail to understand every Kildare supporter knew the price. It was about more than a match, it was about principle and this Kildare team connecting with their supporters again. You won't hear one Kildare fan complain that we were outnumbered 2:1 at home. Win or lose Kildare supporters will be very proud of the stance they took.
It is always easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them - Alfred Alder

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dougal Maguire

QuoteIn matters of style, swim with the current; In matters of principle, stand like a rock. - Thomas Jefferson
I still fail to see what you achieved to be honest. It's akin to a rebellious teenager getting one over his parents. As a matter of interest, and excuse my ignorance, why was the Carlw match played at Tullamore?  Were you supposed to be at home or was if always going to be a neutral venue?
Careful now

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on June 29, 2018, 04:21:33 PM

I still fail to see what you achieved to be honest. It's akin to a rebellious teenager getting one over his parents. As a matter of interest, and excuse my ignorance, why was the Carlw match played at Tullamore?  Were you supposed to be at home or was if always going to be a neutral venue?

Leinster Championship has many vagaries

1. A certain number games have to be played in Croke Park.
2. Dublin Footballers can only play in Nowlan Park, Portlaoise or CP
3. Some counties have home & away arrangements
4. If no H&A all games are played at a neutral venue.

Kildare have no H&A arrangements. Hence they have played qualifiers at home but haven't had a home Leinster Championship game in 23 years.

All games are fixed by the CCCC based on the above. 

#newbridgeornowhere

seafoid

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on June 29, 2018, 04:55:02 PM
Where are you going to in France
Le pont neuf I imagine

https://www.campingdupontneuf.com

#newbridgeornowherequoi

Dougal Maguire

Actually I removed that post. Was just trying to be polite but if he can't be bothered to respond then he's the one with the problem
Careful now

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on June 29, 2018, 05:27:23 PM
Actually I removed that post. Was just trying to be polite but if he can't be bothered to respond then he's the one with the problem
There wasn't much wrong with what you said. I'm delighted Kildare got home advantage but I'm sad for the fans who cant go now. Always liked Kildare, best of luck on Saturday. 
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Blowitupref

Mayo team named.

1. David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites
2. Chris Barrett - Belmullet
3. Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites
4. Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis
5. Lee Keegan - Westport
6. Colm Boyle - Davitts
7. Patrick Durcan - Castlebar Mitchels
8. Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber
9. Stephen Coen - Hollymount/Carramore
10. Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
11. Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy
12. James Durcan - Castlebar Mitchels
13. Jason Doherty - Burrishoole
14. Cillian O'Connor - Ballintubber(Captain)
15. Andy Moran - Ballaghaderreen

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Surprised Niall Kelly has been dropped, you would expect he would be fresh after getting a 3rd minute black card last week. Anyway hope for the best regardless.
James Murray being dropped is disappointing, he has proven to be a player for the big games at club level and did well in his first 2 games. Hopefully he will come on and make a difference at some stage.

Fear ón Srath Bán

If there isn't the variously strewn broken bones of the Cill Dara players all over the St Conleth's pitch by the full-time whistle, I won't help but think that this was something of an ultimately futile and fallen token of resistance, where when it came right down to brass tacks the Lilywhites were simply incapable of rising to the contrived feverish intimacy of the Newbridge citadel.

Having said all that, if there's a shock to be had in this round of the Qualifiers tomorrow, look no further -- the Mayo boyos aren't accustomed to such slumming it, even at this relatively early stage of the All-Ireland proceedings. :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

highorlow

QuoteHaving said all that, if there's a shock to be had in this round of the Qualifiers tomorrow, look no further -

It won't be a shock. Everything now points to a Kildare win. Even the bookies have trimmed back the lillies to 5/2. Tomorrow will be the end of an era I'm afraid.

We can only do 15 minute or less bursts to get over the line these days and  that includes against Kildare in the league (a brief spell at the end and start of each half won the league game). It was the same last week against Tipp. I fear tomorrow this burst won't happen and Kildare will get enough to creep past us.

Kildare by 1 or 2 points. Fuckit anyhow, these lads gave us a good run over the years.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go