Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 27, 2018, 03:59:38 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 27, 2018, 03:52:11 PM
Sorry to interrupt the real discussion with some football talk but what team would people like to see put out? Assuming the players expected back are fit I'd go

Clarke

Barrett                                                                                           
Harrison
O'Donoghue

Keegan                                                                                               
Higgins
Durcan

Vaughan                                                   
O'Connor

McLoughlin                                                                                         
O'Shea
Durcan

Doherty
O'Connor
Loftus                                                                                       
Hennelly
Crowe
Cafferkey
Boyle
Coen
Kirby
Hanley
Regan
Nally
Douglas
Moran
Two players to start that weren't on the bench last Saturday and two of Mayos best and most experienced players dropped. Are you having a laugh?

They were injured...
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Jinxy on June 27, 2018, 04:02:02 PM
Sorry to interrupt the real discussion with some football talk but what team would people like to see put out? Assuming the players expected back are fit I'd go

Clarke

Barrett                                                                                           
Harrison
O'Donoghue

Keegan                                                                                               
Higgins
Durcan

Vaughan                                                   
O'Connor

McLoughlin                                                                                         
O'Shea
Durcan

Doherty
O'Connor
Loftus                                                                                       
Hennelly
Crowe
Cafferkey
Boyle
Coen
Kirby
Hanley
Regan
Nally
Douglas
Moran
Two players to start that weren't on the bench last Saturday and two of Mayos best and most experienced players dropped. Are you having a laugh?

Admittedly I'm only going by the highlights but Boyle looked bushed any time I saw him chasing back against Tipp.

Was at the game, he was absolutely knackered and didn't play very well

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 27, 2018, 04:02:29 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 27, 2018, 03:57:53 PM
Have you Moran on the bench to save his energy for the business end of the game?

Would love to be able to do that but we need Andy from the start. The team is in survival mode at the moment any heavy hitters left standing have to start to even make the next round as was the case against Tipp last time out.

It's also important to note we're hoping to have a lot of games in a relatively short space and Moran's no spring chicken

Jinxy

https://twitter.com/TConlonthecouch/status/1011961950316658688

https://twitter.com/KieranShannon7/status/1011921968281595905

https://twitter.com/HeaneyPaddy/status/1011910747734110208

???
The use of terms like 'fake news', 'hysteria' and 'sock-it-to-the-man populists' is completely inappropriate in this context.
There's a pretty arrogant streak running through a few of these guys.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

Disappointing from Kieran Shannon, he referenced the Limerick game and Kildare were happy to move.

Really Kieran?
#newbridgeornowhere

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 27, 2018, 04:24:26 PM
Disappointing from Kieran Shannon, he referenced the Limerick game and Kildare were happy to move.

Really Kieran?

When was the last time you played a 'home' qualifier away from Newbridge?

Crete Boom

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 27, 2018, 04:09:11 PM
Have you Moran on the bench to save his energy for the business end of the game?

Would love to be able to do that but we need Andy from the start. The team is in survival mode at the moment any heavy hitters left standing have to start to even make the next round as was the case against Tipp last time out.

It's also important to note we're hoping to have a lot of games in a relatively short space and Moran's no spring chicken

No point in resting Moran if we are dumped out on Sat evening. That is the way it is with the qualifiers, it's do or die.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 27, 2018, 04:45:02 PM

No point in resting Moran if we are dumped out on Sat evening. That is the way it is with the qualifiers, it's do or die.

He was v quiet against Tipp

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Jinxy on June 27, 2018, 04:10:45 PM
https://twitter.com/TConlonthecouch/status/1011961950316658688

https://twitter.com/KieranShannon7/status/1011921968281595905

https://twitter.com/HeaneyPaddy/status/1011910747734110208

???
The use of terms like 'fake news', 'hysteria' and 'sock-it-to-the-man populists' is completely inappropriate in this context.
There's a pretty arrogant streak running through a few of these guys.
Those lads are just making themselves look worse. Even the most arrogant people have the common sense to keep their mouths shut.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 27, 2018, 04:29:30 PM

Really Kieran?

That Limerick game was the one and only time. It caused uproar at the time but the KCB had been warned in advance it could occur.
#newbridgeornowhere

Crete Boom

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 27, 2018, 04:48:45 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on June 27, 2018, 04:45:02 PM

He was v quiet against Tipp

Yeah but he never stopped working and showing for the ball and he made oceans of space for James Durcan and Jason Doc. Kildare will double up on Cillian and Andy whereas they would probably go man for man against Loftus and why wouldn't they Loftus has been good from frees but poor form play this year! In an ideal world you would have Andy coming on with 20 mins to go but in an ideal world we would be in the super 8's as Connacht champions!

Crete Boom

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 27, 2018, 04:08:23 PM

Clarke

Barrett                                                                                           
Harrison
O'Donoghue

Keegan                                                                                               
Higgins
Durcan

Vaughan                                                   
O'Connor

McLoughlin                                                                                         
O'Shea
Durcan

Doherty
O'Connor
Loftus                                                                                       
Hennelly
Crowe
Cafferkey
Boyle
Coen
Kirby
Hanley
Regan
Nally
Douglas
Moran

Admittedly I'm only going by the highlights but Boyle looked bushed any time I saw him chasing back against Tipp.

Same here I thought he wasn't much of a loss being black carded they way he was playing. It really felt like the end in the stand 10 mins into the second half v Tipp!!

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 27, 2018, 05:16:54 PM

Clarke

Barrett                                                                                           
Harrison
O'Donoghue

Keegan                                                                                               
Higgins
Durcan

Vaughan                                                   
O'Connor

McLoughlin                                                                                         
O'Shea
Durcan

Doherty
O'Connor
Loftus                                                                                       
Hennelly
Crowe
Cafferkey
Boyle
Coen
Kirby
Hanley
Regan
Nally
Douglas
Moran

Same here I thought he wasn't much of a loss being black carded they way he was playing. It really felt like the end in the stand 10 mins into the second half v Tipp!!

I think he could use a rest

Crete Boom

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 27, 2018, 05:19:21 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on June 27, 2018, 05:16:54 PM

Clarke

Barrett                                                                                           
Harrison
O'Donoghue

Keegan                                                                                               
Higgins
Durcan

Vaughan                                                   
O'Connor

McLoughlin                                                                                         
O'Shea
Durcan

Doherty
O'Connor
Loftus                                                                                       
Hennelly
Crowe
Cafferkey
Boyle
Coen
Kirby
Hanley
Regan
Nally
Douglas
Moran

I think he could use a rest

Yeah probably but Vaughan and Harrison are only back but maybe you could move Barrett out to wingback and bring in O'Donoghue to cornerback. What happened to Micheal Hall as I thought he was good during the league especially against Donegal and Galway?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 27, 2018, 04:59:07 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 27, 2018, 04:29:30 PM

Really Kieran?

That Limerick game was the one and only time. It caused uproar at the time but the KCB had been warned in advance it could occur.

Cheers, you'd think it happened every year judging by what I've seen on social media.