Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Hopefully Donegal kick up a fuss about Dublin having two home games in the super 8s

Jinxy

Quote from: tc_manchester on June 27, 2018, 03:08:43 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 27, 2018, 03:01:26 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 27, 2018, 02:48:18 PM
Who are these "genuine GAA people"?
Will we only let fully paid up members into games any more?

People who give a sh*t about the wider implications of the decisions made by HQ and how they affect all of us.

You can be a "Genuine" GAA person and disagree about how Kildare handled this. What Croke Park did was not without precedent since they already moved Wicklow's home game this year. I would have thought that moving the game to a venue which could cater for the expected attendance made perfect sense - be it Portlaoise or Croke park. Kildare stood up to "Big Bad Croke Park" - no - they held Croke Park to ransom by threatening to not field. Maybe Kildare will now refuse access to SKY cameras because that's what the "genuine" GAA person wants.

It's not all about you.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

That Wicklow Dublin game was fixed by the Leinster Council who I would expect are all  "genuine GAA people".
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

Look, your side lost today.
As the Americans would say, "Take the L" and move on.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jinxy on June 27, 2018, 03:13:04 PM
Look, your side lost today.
As the Americans would say, "Take the L" and move on.

#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

Don't know where you get that silly idea that they're "my side".

shark

Quote from: Rossfan on June 27, 2018, 03:11:42 PM
That Wicklow Dublin game was fixed by the Leinster Council who I would expect are all  "genuine GAA people".

No, they are not. They are self serving. Provincial councils are a dinosaur, and utterly pointless in this age. The type of individual who gets involved at this level is the individual their own clubs wouldn't let run a bake sale. The best run arms of the organisation are clubs, and there is a reason for that. Genuine GAA people putting in hard work for the love of it, and nothing else.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Rossfan on June 27, 2018, 03:15:24 PM

Ballaghadereen... we know you're really a Mayo man deep down
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

tc_manchester

Quote from: Jinxy on June 27, 2018, 03:10:16 PM

People who give a sh*t about the wider implications of the decisions made by HQ and how they affect all of us.

You can be a "Genuine" GAA person and disagree about how Kildare handled this. What Croke Park did was not without precedent since they already moved Wicklow's home game this year. I would have thought that moving the game to a venue which could cater for the expected attendance made perfect sense - be it Portlaoise or Croke park. Kildare stood up to "Big Bad Croke Park" - no - they held Croke Park to ransom by threatening to not field. Maybe Kildare will now refuse access to SKY cameras because that's what the "genuine" GAA person wants.

It's not all about you.

Christ Jinxy - I thought you were better than that

BennyCake

Quote from: Under Lights on June 27, 2018, 03:09:11 PM
Hopefully Donegal kick up a fuss about Dublin having two home games in the super 8s

I agree with that. I don't know why it hasn't been addressed already

Jinxy

Quote from: tc_manchester on June 27, 2018, 03:18:42 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 27, 2018, 03:10:16 PM

It's not all about you.

Christ Jinxy - I thought you were better than that

Your one and only concern in all of this was your ability to bring a few kids to the game.
Can you genuinely not see that this a much bigger issue than that?

Rossfan

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 27, 2018, 03:17:41 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 27, 2018, 03:15:24 PM

Ballaghadereen... we know you're really a Mayo man deep down
Not from Ballagh  :D
The heat must be affecting Jinx today - he's normally a good humoured oul buck.

straightred

Not accurate. That game was moved as they were able to move it. They had no grounds (pardon the pun) to move this and moving it contravened their own rules (different rules that those that were applicable to the wicklow game). They decided to bulldoze ahead regardless and ended up causing this debacle. Kildare didn't hold anyone to ransom. If anything they held the GAA accountable to their own rules. The fact that it is now changed back proves this beyond any doubt. If the GAA had been in the right so to speak there is no way they would have reversed the decision.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Under Lights on June 27, 2018, 03:09:11 PM

http://www.the42.ie/mcguinness-mcbrearty-injury-4093945-Jun2018/

They're way ahead of you. Not surprising really - calling Croke Park a neutral venue for a Dublin game against Donegal is a real abuse of the English language.

Surprised Kevin hasn't come out and said anything on Roscommon's behalf.

McCarthy for Cork is probably afraid to even mention anything to the press about the Super 8 for fear they start laughing uncontrollably.

Don't be shocked if some of the other managers of the teams in the qualifiers say something about this before long, especially if they end up in Dublin's group.

The easier Dublin's route out of the group, the harder it makes things for the other 3 in that group to progress out of the group.

Jinxy

There must be something in the water in Roscommon.