Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 26, 2018, 05:51:44 PM
You have to realise that it is hard for Dublin supporters to understand Kildares situation. To be fair it's hard for Dublin to understand any situation! They never have any situation outside their norm. There have been a few token gesture games outside of Croke Park in the Leinster Championship. And in nearly all these cases the venue has been neutral. They are in their comfort zone Croke Park Bubble from one year to the next, picking off teams that come to visit over the summer.

The vast majority of Dublin GAA fans are backing Kildare over this. It seems that besides the big wigs at HQ that the only ones who want Kildare to step into line on this matter are a lot of Mayo fans who are acting like every Mayo man who wants to attend has a divine right to a match ticket.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on June 26, 2018, 06:39:08 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 26, 2018, 06:15:32 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on June 26, 2018, 06:09:57 PM
Has anyone asked the Kildare team what they think?
O'Neill did via the captain.

Do we know what their response was?

QuoteCian O'Neill:

"I could not make a decision on behalf of the players unless I knew that the players had full buy-in."

"To a man, every single player agreed that this is not right, this is not on. We are in Newbridge or nowhere."

"We would not have proceeded either with the county board statement or my own statement last night unless we had the backing of the players."

http://kfmradio.com/news/26062018-1259/lunch-update-listen-kildare-manager-tells-kfm-newbridgeornowhere
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

seafoid

KFM have been very supportive as well. It is a full county effort. 

joemamas

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on June 26, 2018, 06:43:15 PM
You have to realise that it is hard for Dublin supporters to understand Kildares situation. To be fair it's hard for Dublin to understand any situation! They never have any situation outside their norm. There have been a few token gesture games outside of Croke Park in the Leinster Championship. And in nearly all these cases the venue has been neutral. They are in their comfort zone Croke Park Bubble from one year to the next, picking off teams that come to visit over the summer.

The vast majority of Dublin GAA fans are backing Kildare over this. It seems that besides the big wigs at HQ that the only ones who want Kildare to step into line on this matter are a lot of Mayo fans who are acting like every Mayo man who wants to attend has a divine right to a match ticket.

Crock of sh*t.

Most Mayo people feel Kildare should have their home advantage, however, at the same time, the Kildare county board must bear some of the responsibility for not developing their primary ground for the past decade or more, and having a totally inadequate attendance of 8-10k.

You mean that the Thousands of Mayo supporters(not fans)that attend every national league game and the 8k that drove to Limerick or the 10k+
that travelled to Thurles.

Last Q, what do you think will happen if Kildare are drawn with home advantage V Dublin in super 8?

seafoid

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandre_Auguste_Ledru-Rollin

The following well-known quote, or some variation of it, is often attributed to Ledru-Rollin: "There go the people. I must follow them, for I am their leader."

Cropark have to listen now

Jinxy

Jesus, Nicky Brennan is like a boulder rolling down a hill on Off the Ball.
They can't stop him talking.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

LooseCannon

Cian O'Neill went from being the most hated man in Kildare a few weeks ago when they lost to Carlow to a national treasure who will appear on an episode of Reeling In the Years in years to come

Courtesy of Paul Cashin on Twitter.

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 07:27:25 PM
Jesus, Nicky Brennan is like a boulder rolling down a hill on Off the Ball.
They can't stop him talking.
The hurling lads like Nicky and Ned must be laughing.  You need to.master 170 skills to be a hurler.  Fuball is a lot less and doesn't include crisis management

thebar

Quote from: joemamas on June 26, 2018, 06:58:51 PM
Quote from: SouthDublinBro on June 26, 2018, 06:43:15 PM

Crock of sh*t.

Most Mayo people feel Kildare should have their home advantage, however, at the same time, the Kildare county board must bear some of the responsibility for not developing their primary ground for the past decade or more, and having a totally inadequate attendance of 8-10k.

You mean that the Thousands of Mayo supporters(not fans)that attend every national league game and the 8k that drove to Limerick or the 10k+
that travelled to Thurles.

Last Q, what do you think will happen if Kildare are drawn with home advantage V Dublin in super 8?

At the same time nothing. Kildare were drew out first and therefore have home advantage as the rules state. If the GAA had an issue with the Kildare county ground regarding holding matches they should have made it known long prior to now.

cornetto

According to GAA Rules a team not fulfilling a fixture must inform Croke Park 48 hours prior to the fixture and while the Co. Board has already informed the authorities they will not be travelling on Saturday, they must do so again 48 hours out from the time of the game.

Assuming that the Croke Park authorities then award the game to Mayo the appeal process will then kick in.

Kildare's next option will be to appeal to the Central Hearings Committee.

If that fails, the next step is to appeal to the Croke Park Appeals Committee.i

If that committee rejects the appeal then it would no doubt head to the DRA (Disputes Resolution Authority). This is a committee made up of legal experts, independent of the GAA and is usually the final appeal process but going to the High Court can never be ruled out either.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 26, 2018, 06:55:30 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on June 26, 2018, 06:39:08 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 26, 2018, 06:15:32 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on June 26, 2018, 06:09:57 PM
Has anyone asked the Kildare team what they think?
O'Neill did via the captain.

Do we know what their response was?

QuoteCian O'Neill:

"I could not make a decision on behalf of the players unless I knew that the players had full buy-in."

"To a man, every single player agreed that this is not right, this is not on. We are in Newbridge or nowhere."

"We would not have proceeded either with the county board statement or my own statement last night unless we had the backing of the players."

http://kfmradio.com/news/26062018-1259/lunch-update-listen-kildare-manager-tells-kfm-newbridgeornowhere

Go raibh míle maith agat ;)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Jinxy

If the CCCC give Mayo the walkover then Kildare should burn the whole championship to the ground.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hound

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 26, 2018, 06:03:23 PM
The only time Dublin have been disgruntled by a fixture was in 2001 when Maurice floated that free over the bar in Thurles and a lot Dubs got lost on the way down and home
That was for a draw. Replay was played in Thurles also. Kerry were raging hot favourites and a much better team, big surprise Dubs got a draw first day out.
Dubs weren't provincial champions, Kerry were, no complaints at all from Dublin re the venue.

Dubs hurlers got done last year, drawn at home for a qualifier game, but it was moved to Thurles as part of double bill on basis Parnell couldn't hold anticipated crowd.