Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mup

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on June 26, 2018, 03:57:20 PM
Quote from: heffo on June 26, 2018, 03:09:02 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on June 26, 2018, 03:07:45 PM
Kildare have really hoisted the white flag on this one. What a message to give your players - we know you have no chance of beating Mayo in Croke Park, your only hope would be to play them in Newbridge. With that sort of leadership this Kildare team will never win anything.

I don't see how you've drawn that conclusion - if anything I'd say they'll be far more together.

Kildare need to be very careful what they wish for. If the game were to be switched to Newbridge now the Kildare football team would face enormous pressure from their supporters to deliver on their perceived home advantage. I believe it would be far better for them to go to Croker with a sense of grievance and do their talking on the field of play. I honestly feel that the Kildare county board have done their team no favours.

I remember the Dublin v Cork semi-final of 1983 when Dublin scraped a draw with the last kick of the game and Cork were awarded the replay in Pairc Ui Chaoimh. There was jubilation in Cork because after their display in the drawn game they thought that home advantage was all they needed to clinch the replay. Of course we know what happened - they were hammered.

We don't need the likes of you telling us we need to be careful.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: mup on June 26, 2018, 04:06:30 PM
Kildare have really hoisted the white flag on this one. What a message to give your players - we know you have no chance of beating Mayo in Croke Park, your only hope would be to play them in Newbridge. With that sort of leadership this Kildare team will never win anything.

I don't see how you've drawn that conclusion - if anything I'd say they'll be far more together.

Kildare need to be very careful what they wish for. If the game were to be switched to Newbridge now the Kildare football team would face enormous pressure from their supporters to deliver on their perceived home advantage. I believe it would be far better for them to go to Croker with a sense of grievance and do their talking on the field of play. I honestly feel that the Kildare county board have done their team no favours.

I remember the Dublin v Cork semi-final of 1983 when Dublin scraped a draw with the last kick of the game and Cork were awarded the replay in Pairc Ui Chaoimh. There was jubilation in Cork because after their display in the drawn game they thought that home advantage was all they needed to clinch the replay. Of course we know what happened - they were hammered.

Yes their idea of protest is to avoid Croke Park's bars & shops. Radical bastards.
#newbridgeornowhere

longballin

This is Corporate GAA/SKY V genuine Gaels. For all our sakes I hope Kildare don't capitulate.

mup

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 26, 2018, 04:09:04 PM
Quote from: mup on June 26, 2018, 04:06:30 PM

Yes their idea of protest is to avoid Croke Park's bars & shops. Radical b**tards.

:) :) :)

Bord na Mona man

Anyway, enough of this sideshow and back to the game.
Who will Mayo play at midfield?

omaghjoe

Tyrone need to show their support here to the CCCC, they've righted more than a few wrongs for us over the years. Teirnan McCann, Ricey...etc

This is the their hour of need so we should be organising buses trains to Croke Park and mobilising the support to get out. A statement from the county board would also help denouncing the actions of Kildare.
We cant let the CCCC be undermined and bullied in this way by an impulsive mob.

Jinxy

Why is everyone adding an extra 'C' to 'CCC'?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 04:17:09 PM

Central Competitions Control Committee
#newbridgeornowhere

WT4E

Why are you taking off a C?

Central Competitions Control Committee

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

paddyjohn

Cian Controls Central Committee

Jinxy

That was a test and you all passed.
Good work, guys.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on June 26, 2018, 03:41:41 PM
Quote from: mup on June 26, 2018, 03:11:49 PM

Missing person alert.

There is a village somewhere missing its' idiot.
In fairness, Kildare wouldn't be doing this if they had a winnable fixture and realistic ambitions of a prolonged championship campaign.
So they've not much to lose by pulling the tent down.

Weird take to say the least.

BennyCake

The result is irrelevant now. A victory over HQ is more important than a victory over Mayo.

LooseCannon

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on June 26, 2018, 04:14:16 PM
Anyway, enough of this sideshow and back to the game.
Who will Mayo play at midfield?
They'll sign Scott Brady, and he'll hit a goal at the death.