Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

If the GAA relent and play the game in Newbridge just watch the T & C's being hastily changed for season tickets as well as qualifiers and super 8's.

They wont be caught like this again

WT4E

My prediction:

GAA back down - Kildare get a boost and the crowd will add an electric atmosphere and the lilywhites will put a stuttering Mayo side out of their misery!

SKY LOSE THEIR MINES IN THE ANALYSIS

mup

Itchy has been waiting for this day since Seanie uttered those immortal words 'I'll have a size 32 hurley please'.

Jinxy

Quote from: sligoman2 on June 26, 2018, 12:43:50 PM
If the GAA had any sense or vision they would back down on this.  Playing this game in Newbridge would ensure massive interest in this game, sky's viewership would be off the charts and everyone would want to see what happens in Newbridge, plus you have 2 teams that play open football.  This could be a massive win for the GAA if they had the vision to realize this, bad news is good news if they are smart enough to understand that and forego the extra 200 grand they would get at the gate.

In my opinion, the GAA need to be careful, there are other sports competing for players and spectators, the defensive blanket has made most games unwatchable and the last thing they need now is the perception that they are a dictatorship.

A rip roaring game in front of a packed house at Newbridge might just be the tonic the championship needs. 

Do the smart thing GAA before ye lose a lot of followers (myself incliuded)...

;D ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

Still selling tickets for Croke Park I see. They love their double headers, you pay more money to watch one match. Another reason to tell croke Park to piss off, no supporter has had to endure rip-off double headers than Kildare. FFS in 2008 we had to pay the price of AI Hurling Semi-final just to watch Kildare play Cork
#newbridgeornowhere

seafoid

Michael Duignan‏ @DuignanMichael · 17 hil y a 17 heures 

Fully support stand being taken by @KildareGAA & Cian O Neill. I have been saying it for a few years now, the GAA have lost touch with the grassroots. It's about money yes but also displays huge arrogance which is becoming more common. Players & supporters now only commodities.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 26, 2018, 12:58:11 PM
Still selling tickets for Croke Park I see. They love their double headers, you pay more money to watch one match. Another reason to tell croke Park to piss off, no supporter has had to endure rip-off double headers than Kildare. FFS in 2008 we had to pay the price of AI Hurling Semi-final just to watch Kildare play Cork

As did we in 09 when we played Meath. Still backing KE on this one.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

tippabu

Say it all comes to a walk over for mayo because kildare hold their ground and gaa don't back down, is there any precedent  in place as to what sanctions kildare could likely face? Expulsion from competition which wouldn't mean much?,  fine? Suspensions? Although through appeals I'd be shocked at anything sticking

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: tippabu on June 26, 2018, 01:03:37 PM
Say it all comes to a walk over for mayo because kildare hold their ground and gaa don't back down, is there any precedent  in place as to what sanctions kildare could likely face? Expulsion from competition which wouldn't mean much?,  fine? Suspensions? Although through appeals I'd be shocked at anything sticking

Exclusion from 2019 league & championship.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Jinxy

Their participation in 2019 would be in jeopardy, I think.

Solo_run

How can they face sanctions when they have not broken any rules? If anyone has shown disregard for the rules it is the GAA itself.

Jinxy

The rule they've broken would be failing to fulfill the fixture.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Taylor on June 26, 2018, 12:46:39 PM
If the GAA relent and play the game in Newbridge just watch the T & C's being hastily changed for season tickets as well as qualifiers and super 8's.

They wont be caught like this again

Its already in the season ticket T&Cs
"In the event that the number of Season Ticket holders exceeds stadium capacity the GAA offers no guarantee of the availability of seats or entry to that fixture"
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Solo_run

Failing to fulfil a fixture because GAA took away the home advantage they are entitled to under the rules stated.

mup

Quote from: Solo_run on June 26, 2018, 01:08:47 PM
How can they face sanctions when they have not broken any rules? If anyone has shown disregard for the rules it is the GAA itself.

Yes but this is the GAA we are on about. They do what they want.