Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inthrough

Quote from: yellowcard on June 26, 2018, 11:39:41 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 26, 2018, 11:28:14 AM
The great one speaks

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/john-prenty-capacity-fears-led-to-croke-park-switch-472369.html

Dear god, that logic is just bizarre. How many ticketless people do they expect to turn up to the turnstiles without tickets to get into a round 3 qualifier match, 6,000?

Trying to justify the decision on health and safety grounds is bulls**t. Will there be a crush at the turnstiles or crowd riots outside as the angry masses flock to Newbridge.

The argument that they want to allow as many people see the game as possible is also a fallacy since it is being shown live on Sky which prevents thousands from seeing the match on tv anyway. They have badly misjudged the public's mood on this and all of these bureaucrats coming out and doubling down on the original decision just shows how much they are out of touch.

Where does he get thi notion that thousands are going to riot in Newbridge or even turn up for that matter. Thousands are disappointed each year when they can't get All Ireland final tickets & there are no problems at the ground on the day.

As a mark of support can we all start flying Kildare flags at games from now on. It would be far more relevant that some of the flags that are flying.  I would love to see some fella being arrested for carrying one ;D ;D ;D ;D

sid waddell

Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 11:28:33 AM
Joxer goes to Newbridge.  :)

https://twitter.com/christymoore45/status/1011546357071597568
'Twas in the year '18 in the lovely month of June
When the gadflies were swarmin', and Ewan MacKenna howlin' at the moon

sid waddell

Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 11:43:56 AM
So thus far we've had McGill, Quinn and Prenty making the situation progressively worse.
Where the hell is Tom Ryan?
If he's trying to act as an honest broker behind the scenes, fair enough, but the media response in general has been embarrassing.
Carry On Crisis Managing

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 11:23:34 AM
It's interesting how Cavan, and by extension Tyrone, have reacted quite happily to their game being moved to Croke Park.
I don't think people outside Leinster understand that plenty of us are sick of the sight of it and all it has come to represent in recent years.

You are being paraphrased on Twitter Jinxy. You've made it boy, you've made it, proud day for the parish.

https://twitter.com/KCsixtyseven/status/1011563225425596416
#newbridgeornowhere

manfromdelmonte

I'm actually buying a kildare shirt and turning up in Newbridge on Saturday

No surrender

Jinxy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 26, 2018, 11:56:16 AM
It's interesting how Cavan, and by extension Tyrone, have reacted quite happily to their game being moved to Croke Park.
I don't think people outside Leinster understand that plenty of us are sick of the sight of it and all it has come to represent in recent years.

You are being paraphrased on Twitter Jinxy. You've made it boy, you've made it, proud day for the parish.

Is this a breach of my intellectual property rights?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 11:57:16 AM

Being from Meath I would say you would have to drop the intellectual part if you went to court! ;D

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 26, 2018, 11:59:46 AM

Being from Meath I would say you would have to drop the intellectual part if you went to court! ;D

;D
#newbridgeornowhere

sid waddell

Perhaps the GAA's line about potential hooliganism in Newbridge came from a simple misunderstanding when somebody made a throwaway comment about Mayo being a shower of bottlers?

Jinxy

While we're on the subject of Twitter, somebody made an interesting point on it earlier, although we may be getting into conspiracy-theory territory a bit.
Cavan can't play at home because of the pitch upgrade and they're drawn at home.
Kildare can play at home (in the CCCs eyes) unless they are drawn against a team with a big travelling support and they are drawn at home against Mayo.
Now, we suddenly have a double-header in Croke Park, which would otherwise be empty this weekend.
Coincidence?

Mayo4Sam

I for one am going to burn Newbridge to the ground if I'm ever forced to set foot in it

There'll be rivers of blood that'll make the battle of Kilcullen look like a tea party
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

macdanger2

Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 12:06:44 PM
While we're on the subject of Twitter, somebody made an interesting point on it earlier, although we may be getting into conspiracy-theory territory a bit.
Cavan can't play at home because of the pitch upgrade and they're drawn at home.
Kildare can play at home (in the CCCs eyes) unless they are drawn against a team with a big travelling support and they are drawn at home against Mayo.
Now, we suddenly have a double-header in Croke Park, which would otherwise be empty this weekend.
Coincidence?

Does Jim Corr have any thoughts on who we should play midfield? 🤔

Jinxy

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 26, 2018, 11:59:46 AM

Something was said, not good...

Solo_run

BS excuse by the CCCC. It is simple - 8,000 are allowed in and the rest are not.

It is quite simple really, you don't have a ticket then you do not get in.

Unfortunately it would seem that if Kildare continue with this course of action we will not be seeing them in action again next season. I would be nice to see Mayo back up the little man and call out the GAA on their constant bullshit. It isn't just about attending games but everything else that goes on with it - but that isn't going to happen.

Jinxy

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 26, 2018, 12:08:12 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 12:06:44 PM
Coincidence?

Does Jim Corr have any thoughts on who we should play midfield? 🤔

Andrea & Sharon.