Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: dublin7 on June 26, 2018, 10:37:18 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 10:31:06 AM
Ned Quinn's performance is indicative of the 'just do what you're told' attitude of HQ.
When his argument was picked apart he just started pulling stuff out of thin air in an attempt to justify his position.
They would want to get a handle on this asap.
I'm not sure they understand the depth of feeling there is out there, about this and many other issues.

I get the impression they think they're right and everybody else is wrong. Clearly they expected kildare to accept croke for the game without complaint. There's a dangerous precedent set now for the super 8's.

According to the Irish independent if roscommon win their qualifier their home game is against the dubs. What are the odds that gets switched by HQ as well
You'd want to change your paper buck.
If we get through our game v Dublin is in Croke Park August weekend.
Regarding super 8 venues you get a home game if your ground meets the requirements of the 4 Cs.
That will rule out a good few Counties.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 01:49:10 PM
If ever there was a time for everyone's favourite Kildare arsehole to make some noise it's now. Ewan now is your opportunity and surely Athy's Ger Gilroy and Celbridge's Joe Molloy will give him plenty of airtime.

Joe last night and Ger this morning didn't disappoint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1554&v=IHhNtXOV2sA

Ewan straight in as well.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/ewan-mackenna-we-needed-someone-to-say-enough-of-price-over-principles-of-money-over-morals-and-kildare-have-37050587.html

GAA have lost complete control of the narrative. Have not seen grassroots GAA across the country so united.
#newbridgeornowhere

sid waddell

This is a re-run of the Curragh mutiny.

History is always sadly destined to repeat itself.

Jinxy

It's interesting how Cavan, and by extension Tyrone, have reacted quite happily to their game being moved to Croke Park.
I don't think people outside Leinster understand that plenty of us are sick of the sight of it and all it has come to represent in recent years.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Jinxy

Solo_run

The Kildare CB have the support of the majority of Kildare it seems. If they back down now the fans will turn against them and GAA will know they can get what they want.

Jinxy

Quote from: Rossfan on June 26, 2018, 11:28:14 AM
The great one speaks

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/john-prenty-capacity-fears-led-to-croke-park-switch-472369.html

Are the CCC actually mental?
How can you expect an attendance that exceeds the number of tickets you've sold by 6,000?
'obviously those two figures are not compatible.'
You can sing that, John.

yellowcard

The great one speaks

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/john-prenty-capacity-fears-led-to-croke-park-switch-472369.html

Dear god, that logic is just bizarre. How many ticketless people do they expect to turn up to the turnstiles without tickets to get into a round 3 qualifier match, 6,000?

Trying to justify the decision on health and safety grounds is bulls**t. Will there be a crush at the turnstiles or crowd riots outside as the angry masses flock to Newbridge.

The argument that they want to allow as many people see the game as possible is also a fallacy since it is being shown live on Sky which prevents thousands from seeing the match on tv anyway. They have badly misjudged the public's mood on this and all of these bureaucrats coming out and doubling down on the original decision just shows how much they are out of touch.

Rossfan

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 11:23:34 AM
It's interesting how Cavan, and by extension Tyrone, have reacted quite happily to their game being moved to Croke Park.
I don't think people outside Leinster understand that plenty of us are sick of the sight of it and all it has come to represent in recent years.

Yeah, I remember going to Croke Park in the '00's and really enjoying the experience. I probably was a lot more innocent. Now I rather going to the small town Stadiums. The craic is better outside and inside. The atmosphere is better inside and outside.

Croke Park today represents the Home ground of a hugely dominant Dublin team. A county that is heading for two decades of dominance in Leinster and a decade of Dominance in Ireland.

RedHand88

Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 11:07:09 AM
Realistically, what is the cut-off point for resolving this?
Thinking of tickets, logistics etc.

Season tickets being charged tomorrow. I'm assuming clubs will have their tickets by then too.
Of course general sale has been running since yesterday online too. Time is running out tick tock tick tock...

Jinxy

So thus far we've had McGill, Quinn and Prenty making the situation progressively worse.
Where the hell is Tom Ryan?
If he's trying to act as an honest broker behind the scenes, fair enough, but the media response in general has been embarrassing.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 11:32:04 AM
The great one speaks

Are the CCC actually mental?
How can you expect an attendance that exceeds the number of tickets you've sold by 6,000?
'obviously those two figures are not compatible.'
You can sing that, John.

John has bigger projects on his plate than annoying CCC duties, http://hoganstand.com/article/index/287022?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter.

Jinxy