Eurovision final here we come!!

Started by rrhf, May 08, 2018, 10:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

After years of failure Ireland finish 6th which is good. The Croats won the popular vote I think. The Swiss got too much of the jury votes to overcome.

jcpen

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 11, 2024, 11:52:57 PMAfter years of failure Ireland finish 6th which is good. The Croats won the popular vote I think. The Swiss got too much of the jury votes to overcome.
So we're basically Man United, used to be good and win it several times but now finish outside the Top 4.
NEUTRAL

AustinPowers

He  broke  the feckin' trophy!

From the Bunker

From the Bunker

I don't know what to say about Israel finishing 2nd in the Public vote in Ireland!

From the Bunker

From the Bunker

Israel considered the most hated country in Eurovision... yet ended up with one of the highest volume of public votes.

Your daily reminder that social media is not an accurate reflection of reality.  :-\

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 12, 2024, 12:54:50 AMIsrael considered the most hated country in Eurovision... yet ended up with one of the highest volume of public votes.

Your daily reminder that social media is not an accurate reflection of reality.  :-\
I'd say it's simple really, big Jewish vote came out from other countries across Europe. Absolute farce but thankfully they weren't able to corrupt the results
Careful now

armaghniac

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 12, 2024, 12:54:50 AMIsrael considered the most hated country in Eurovision... yet ended up with one of the highest volume of public votes.

Because you can vote for Israel, you cannot vote against Israel.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

How did they manipulate the public vote, by hook and by crook I assume.

armaghniac

Quote from: Main Street on May 12, 2024, 01:31:30 AM

People who wanted to support Israel made an effort and used their phone.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

LCohen

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 12, 2024, 01:10:15 AM

I'd say it's simple really, big Jewish vote came out from other countries across Europe. Absolute farce but thankfully they weren't able to corrupt the results

That's the thing about the Jews, they secretly run all the song writing competitions.

Nanderson

Quote from: armaghniac on May 12, 2024, 01:58:18 AM
Quote from: Main Street on May 12, 2024, 01:31:30 AM

People who wanted to support Israel made an effort and used their phone.
Supposedly this was expected as a lot of regular Eurovision fans refused to vote in it. Would be interesting to see total votes cast from last year to this year

Captain Scarlet

I know social media isn't real but a lot of the bots and pro-Israel accounts are really attacking Bambie Thug. Essentially is this what we are exposing our poor kids to?

Of course, 'won't someone think of the children!' doesn't extend to the ones in Gaza...

That's that for another year...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

whitey

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on May 12, 2024, 09:29:54 AMI know social media isn't real but a lot of the bots and pro-Israel accounts are really attacking Bambie Thug. Essentially is this what we are exposing our poor kids to?

Of course, 'won't someone think of the children!' doesn't extend to the ones in Gaza...

That's that for another year...

Well if Michael Martin and RTE were in favor of Bambi Thug, a certain proportion of the population were always going to do the exact opposite