All Ireland Football Final 2017 Mayo V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, August 27, 2017, 07:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on September 10, 2017, 07:46:07 AM
Yes.But I think Dublin are now the equivalent of Guardiola's Barcelona,simply unbeatable,a play station team almost.

Correct and they will beat Mayo by eight or more, probably closer to twelve, I hope I am wrong but this Dublin team are incredible.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

From the Bunker

Ah, it's a big ask! Mayo lost this year 1-16 - 0-07 in the League away to Dublin in Croke Park. I mean Tyrone the second best team in Ireland with the best defensive system could only watch in awe at the Dublin machine. This has been a big effort by us to try to finally get the Holy Grail! It's tough to take being so near and not achieving our goal with such a great group of players.

The general feeling has been for a few years, that when the Mayo, Donegal and Kerry groups of the last couple of years faded. The Top table would be left to a well financed Dublin on their own.

It looks like 3 in a row for sure. Looking to next year! Mayo beaten again, will hardly put up much of a fight. I mean how many times can one go to the well? Kerry have fallen back. Tyrone are still lost in a myriad of Defensive systems. You'd have to fancy this Dublin team to add two more and do 5 in a row!

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 10, 2017, 12:52:32 PM
Ah, it's a big ask! Mayo lost this year 1-16 - 0-07 in the League away to Dublin in Croke Park. I mean Tyrone the second best team in Ireland with the best defensive system could only watch in awe at the Dublin machine. This has been a big effort by us to try to finally get the Holy Grail! It's tough to take being so near and not achieving our goal with such a great group of players.

The general feeling has been for a few years, that when the Mayo, Donegal and Kerry groups of the last couple of years faded. The Top table would be left to a well financed Dublin on their own.

It looks like 3 in a row for sure. Looking to next year! Mayo beaten again, will hardly put up much of a fight. I mean how many times can one go to the well? Kerry have fallen back. Tyrone are still lost in a myriad of Defensive systems. You'd have to fancy this Dublin team to add two more and do 5 in a row!
An Béal bocht is a play by Myles na Gcopailin

I expect Mayo to set up like this on Sunday
https://youtu.be/fCVOusytfHw

And Sam to be ag dul.Siar de Luain

Crete Boom

Quote from: seafoid on September 10, 2017, 01:13:12 PM

Níl, is úrséal aorach íontach é leis an scríobneoir Brian Ó Nualláin aka Myles na Gcopailin aka Flann O'Brien!

seafoid

Quote from: Crete Boom on September 10, 2017, 01:35:53 PM

Níl, is úrséal aorach íontach é leis an scríobneoir Brian Ó Nualláin aka Myles na Gcopailin aka Flann O'Brien!
Tyrone used to be creative

Crete Boom

Quote from: seafoid on September 10, 2017, 01:50:47 PM

Tyrone used to be creative
;D ;D ;D ;D

Fear ón Srath Bán

Hoi, leave us out of it. Ach go n-éirí an bóthar libhse! ;)

Agus Myles na gCopaleen is ainm dó, fadó :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

macdanger2

Quote from: T Fearon on September 10, 2017, 09:52:07 AM
Galwayman,they were saying everything you said in that about Dublin V Tyrone.An ageing Mayo team,with huge psychological baggage has no chance,it's just wishful thinking from Mayo fans and all neutrals.I'll stick with the bookmakers assessments.

Are you sticking with the bookmakers' assessment or are you saying mayo have no chance? PP expect Dublin to win by slightly more than 3 points. They're giving Dublin ~74% chance of winning and mayo 26%. Hardly no hopers at that

JoG2

Mayo by 2 followed by a huge pitch invasion! Should be some battle at HQ. Colm Boyle MotM and wins PotY!

Syferus

Quote from: JoG2 on September 10, 2017, 09:31:45 PM
Mayo by 2 followed by a huge pitch invasion! Should be some battle at HQ. Colm Boyle MotM and wins PotY!

You don't win many PotYs being subbed out at 50 minutes.

galwayman

Quote from: T Fearon on September 10, 2017, 09:52:07 AM
Galwayman,they were saying everything you said in that about Dublin V Tyrone.An ageing Mayo team,with huge psychological baggage has no chance,it's just wishful thinking from Mayo fans and all neutrals.I'll stick with the bookmakers assessments.
No - read it again.
I said Mayo have shown over several championship games that they are able to match Dublin physically and athletically for the most part & have consequently been extremely close to them.
Tyrone never showed that in c'ship against this Dublin team.
They hadn't played against the Jim Gavin managed Dubs before the semi final this year.

T Fearon

Yes,I see the logic in that.On the other hand,Mayo could have  been beaten by Derry,Roscommon or Kerry this year,couldn't beat Dublin on two off days last year.

I do not see any weakness in this Dublin team,and barring they have a freak collective nightmare,I cannot see Mayo getting anywhere close to them.

macdanger2

I'd like to see Durcan starting at wing forward to mark Mccaffrey, I think he's a key part of setting up Dublin attacks and Durcan is the only man with the pace to match him. That would mean either DOC dropping to the bench or him potentially going to MF to mark Mccarthy in place of SOS but that's probably unlikely

yellowcard

Jim Gavin's comments straight after the Tyrone match were a giveaway. He said that they never performed in last years AI final.....yet still won it. I think he expects to win this one comfortably if Dublin perform to their level. In fairness most people do as well but it's not often Gavin gives anything away.

yellowcard

Quote from: JoG2 on September 10, 2017, 09:31:45 PM

If Mayo win it and DONT invade the pitch following an outpouring of emotion it will be a sad day for the GAA. Couldn't believe the sanity of the Galway fans in the hurling final.