Dublin vs Monaghan, Saturday 5th August @ 6pm

Started by straightred, July 30, 2017, 08:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 05, 2017, 07:38:41 PM
I wonder will Dublin7 be man enough to admit what Cooper did to get McManus a yellow card. He was complaining about Tyrone players going to ground to win frees where as armagh players stayed on their feet and got no free.

Cooper totally play acted he was hurt but Manus didn't hurt his head.
What did you think Dubs?

He got seamus o'shea black carded the other year too and that had a massive bearing on how that game went.

I think mcmanus did crack him a bit but though but didn't actually mean it. Didn't understand why he got a card and cooper didn't though as the ball wasn't even in play.

Poor game. Jack mccaffrey is a serious operator.

Wildweasel74

McManus had nothing to cry about saying he lie down trying to get a man sent of earlier in the championship

J70

Quote from: Whishtup on August 05, 2017, 07:15:22 PM
Sitting here in the stand watching this drivel. Problem here is not tactics or anything to do with them. The problem is the gulf in physique, strength of squad, financial support, facilities, support structures. Talk all you like about tactics but if you don't have a level playing field it makes a nonsense of the game.

The Dubs B team would probably beat 25 or 26 of the other senior teams, at least.

Fuzzman

Wild weasel I don't know what incident you are on about but did you not think what Cooper did was totally trying to get a star player sent off or booked.
Picture the exact same incident with McManus and Tiernan McCann going down holding his head.
Would people think back to hairgate and think ah another Tyrone dive.
Cooper and McMahon are two of the most cynical players in the country and most of my Dub mates would admit that but I bet you TSG don't highlight that tomorrow night.
I reckon Gavin moved my clubmate McCaffrey to wing forward with the Tyrone game in mind. He made a lot of changes today. I'd say if Colm Cava doesn't make it you could see OGara start.

twohands!!!

Dublin scored 8 points from deadballs  100% accuracy

In play they scored 12 out of 32 scoring chances 37.5%

Any team playing Dublin has to be smart in terms of giving away frees - I don't think one out of the 8 deadballs scored was even remotely close to a goal chance.

Jinxy

I wonder will Dublin7 be man enough to admit what Cooper did to get McManus a yellow card. He was complaining about Tyrone players going to ground to win frees where as armagh players stayed on their feet and got no free.

What did you think Dubs?

Didn't see the game but I had heard people giving out about Cooper 'play-acting' so i went looking for the footage.
Is this the incident everyone is up in arms about?
https://twitter.com/trev_holloway/status/893886732172759040
If so, that's not a dive and it's a yellow card every day of the week.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

dublin7

Quote from: Jinxy on August 05, 2017, 09:59:58 PM

What did you think Dubs?

Didn't see the game but I had heard people giving out about Cooper 'play-acting' so i went looking for the footage.

I was at the game on the hill, but looking at thatc video it's a yellow card for McManus all day long. Being from Tyrone and watching the Cavanaghs play I can understand how you think everyone dives because that's what they do.

Watching Tyrone/Donegal is just depressing. 13 men at least behind the ball and hand pass after hand pass. Kick passing the ball is almost a last resort. Training sessions must be monotonous torture running up and down the pitch hand pass after hand pass. Monaghan set up the same way and offered nothing up front. You can't win if you don't try to score. Only for the dubs trying to score goals in the 2nd half the scoreline would have been even worse for monaghan.

Zulu

Ah stop, Cooper should have been booked and the ref should have told him get the fcuk up. We need to not let football become soccer.

BennyHarp

Quote from: dublin7 on August 05, 2017, 10:14:16 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 05, 2017, 09:59:58 PM

What did you think Dubs?

I was at the game on the hill, but looking at thatc video it's a yellow card for McManus all day long. Being from Tyrone and watching the Cavanaghs play I can understand how you think everyone dives because that's what they do.

Watching Tyrone/Donegal is just depressing. 13 men at least behind the ball and hand pass after hand pass. Kick passing the ball is almost a last resort. Training sessions must be monotonous torture running up and down the pitch hand pass after hand pass. Monaghan set up the same way and offered nothing up front. You can't win if you don't try to score. Only for the dubs trying to score goals in the 2nd half the scoreline would have been even worse for monaghan.

As expected, you only see things one way. The Dublin players created frees all day long today and everyday.  It's no coincidence Rock kicks a ridiculous number of frees EVERY game. It's a clear strategy to win frees anywhere inside his compass. The exaggerated fall at the most opportune moment when taking a man on, is a skill clearly perfected by your team. Cooper may have been touched but he rolled around like a little cheat to get McManus carded after sprinting into him after McManus shot. If you are going to call out other teams at least have the decency to accept that your own team are experts too.
That was never a square ball!!

Wildweasel74

Oh check the one with the Down man coming out by McManus and the suddenly fell to the ground holding his head, very poor stuff, happened in the semi with Down, yes Cooper  down very easy even with a slight clip, the hey day of Mick Lyons taking a punch to the face and just look at you are long gone. So many players are doing it these days that it has to be coached into them, and thus the mangers should be responsible for the behaviour of there team

Wildweasel74

The inability to tackle a man coming at full steam is the reason the dubs get alot of fress

BennyHarp

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 05, 2017, 10:22:24 PM
The inability to tackle a man coming at full steam is the reason the dubs get alot of fress

And the ability to go down when the tackle arrives.
That was never a square ball!!

Zulu

Surely a Tyrone man isn't giving another county a hard time about going down easy?

Wildweasel74

g a Tyrone man should never be given out about men going down, you never seen that 6ft 3 Sean Cavanagh going to ground like he been took out by a sniper from the stands

Main Street

That was impressively easy for Dublin and a pity for the day that the two profile games turned out to be non-games. Not even a morsel of what might have been was left.  For Monaghan, they were a poorly prepared team, following on from earlier championship games. There are enough good players and experienced players in the squad to make a better show than that. The first half tactics were abysmally ineffective. There are time when Malachy goes on forest walks with his tactics and knowledge of the opposition.
Doesn't matter about the 2nd half, the game was lost after 5 minutes,
it was as if the spirit of Banty has been completely exorcised.

I'd say Dublin were hoping at least for a work out before the semi final, maybe they didn't need one.