AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 04, 2017, 11:04:13 AM
That half back line will be under big pressure.

I expect Forker to be back there and will pick up Peter Harte on the way through and O Hanlon will be back there as well. Campbell, Clarke and McParland will rotate out round the HF line.

lurganblue

RedHand88

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on August 04, 2017, 09:47:18 AM
Travel Alerts:

Pipe laying on Newry Road in Armagh about halfway up the hill.  Results in traffic lights and single vehicle passing at all times. Will be an issue on Saturday. Creates long delays in both directions. There is a way around but it isn't easy.

Barrier repair on Aughnacloy to Ballygawley Road about 3/4 mile from Aughnacloy should be finished by Saturday but traffic lights currently in place.

Resurfacing of Great Northern in Omagh. Taking place at night but slowing traffic during the day, should be well on by Saturday.  Road closed at night with diversion through town.

Some sort of roadworks about 3 mile out of Monaghan towards Blayney, not sure what is happening.

That plus the toll bridge being down to 3 lanes. Ye's may leave at 5 in the morning.

Orior

Was chatting there to Mickey Harte.

After securing their main objective for the year (another McKenna Cup) every game that Tyrone has now is a bonus. 
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Ochaca

Quote from: Orior on August 04, 2017, 11:02:19 AM

Murnin a major miss in around full forward. He's a slippy one, always on the move and takes attention of a few defenders to watch him.

vallankumous

Quote from: armaghniac on August 04, 2017, 11:05:42 AM

Which element of my calculation is wrong?

Maybe none of it. I don't know as it's guess work.
I'm just stressing that Croke Park is well able to hold this double header with excess.
In my experience QFS being a sell out, even double headers is very unusual.

Owen Brannigan

tyroneman

One thing I am genuinely baffled by are the accusations that Tyrone's credentials and ability are are not as good as previously thought, given how Derry, Donegal and Down exited the Championship....

Why does hammering Derry (Div 2), Donegal (Div 1) and Down (Div 2) = not tested, while getting beat by Down (Div 2), then just about getting over the line past Fermamagh (Div 2), Westmeath (Div 3), Tipp (Div 3) and a 3 point win over Kildare (Div 2) seem to = great form & ability?

Tyrone have absolutely dominated any teams they met so far from Div 1 & 2, while Armagh have just about managed to beat average teams from Div 3 & 2, certainly they haven't dominated anyone to date.

That's not to say there won't be an upset tomorrow, anything can happen on the day, I'm just mystified by the hype for Armagh vs  the dismssal of Tyrone based purely on games to date 

maddog

Quote from: tyroneman on August 04, 2017, 12:10:40 PM
One thing I am genuinely baffled by are the accusations that Tyrone's credentials and ability are are not as good as previously thought, given how Derry, Donegal and Down exited the Championship....

Why does hammering Derry (Div 2), Donegal (Div 1) and Down (Div 2) = not tested, while getting beat by Down (Div 2), then just about getting over the line past Fermamagh (Div 2), Westmeath (Div 3), Tipp (Div 3) and a 3 point win over Kildare (Div 2) seem to = great form & ability?

Tyrone have absolutely dominated any teams they met so far from Div 1 & 2, while Armagh have just about managed to beat average teams from Div 3 & 2, certainly they haven't dominated anyone to date.

That's not to say there won't be an upset tomorrow, anything can happen on the day, I'm just mystified by the hype for Armagh vs  the dismssal of Tyrone based purely on games to date

Quite correct analysis. Armagh are in good "form" it depends on how that form equates at the higher level. Tyrone have strolled it against everyone. We will know more about both teams tomorrow night.

It is the media doing the hyping for the most part to be fair.

square_ball

I think the questioning of Tyrone being tested is in terms of them winning the all-ireland and not so much to do with the match tomorrow. I think most observers are pointing to the momentum and confidence Armagh have gained from winning a few games in the qualifiers much like Tyrones run in 2015 when we beat Limerick, Tipp, Meath & Sligo. I think you are comparing apples and oranges (pardon the pun) there tyroneman.

Dire Ear

Agree totally. While I get, being nice and respectful to our neighbours, Tyrone could win this by 10 points.  They have a better team, squad, manager and believe it or not; discipline. It could be tight up to 55-60 mins ,but would think Tyrone would push on after that. Only an opinion........

Walter Cronc

Its definitely in relation to beating Kerry and Dublin and not tomorrows game.

It's true Tyrone have played little quality but the same argument can be labelled at Dublin and to a lesser extent Kerry as Galway are a pretty decent side.

Up Armagh!  8) 8) :P

Solo_run

It doesn't really matter either way.  Both teams are there based on hard work and getting it right when it mattered. Armagh and Monaghan feel they should have beat Down at the first time of asking.  Especially Armagh,  but they constantly made the wrong decisions.

Tyrone beat Derry and were then dismissed by Mayo who aren't exactly playing well. Then moving on to Donegal, this can only be described as a collapse to a peak performing Galway who then went out rather tamely to Kerry.So yeah, Tyrone haven't exactly played anything yet.

Armagh on the otherhand are pretty much in the same position. They have beat Fermanagh, Westmeath with 14 men, then beat Tipperary where they were bound to have some mentality concerns regarding what happened in the last league game and then they beat a much fancied Kildare.

I would say that both teams havent really been tested but sure that's why they're in the last 8. Tyrone definitely have the advantage though.  They are Ulster champions, have a playing system they are comfortable with,   and are racking up big scores. However,  it doesn't mean Armagh cannot be optimistic. We have all been saying for a while that there is a very good team that will give division 1 teams a headache and we are excited about it. 

Personally,  I don't think Armagh will win as Tyrone have a system that they are comfortable with and this Armagh team is exciting but in the early stages of its development.

Taylor

Tyrone -5 is a great bet.

The only danger to that is if we take the foot off the gas when the game is won and the referee gives soft frees to Armagh as happened in the Down game

balladmaker

QuoteAgree totally. While I get, being nice and respectful to our neighbours, Tyrone could win this by 10 points.  They have a better team, squad, manager and believe it or not; discipline. It could be tight up to 55-60 mins ,but would think Tyrone would push on after that. Only an opinion........

I think if it's tight after 55 or 60 mins, Armagh are in with a great shout at causing a major upset.  I agree with everything Tyroneman said, and an Armagh win tomorrow would be a major upset.  Tyrone are a more accomplished outfit, and something that I'm sure Armagh will aspire to be in a year or two.  So, the head says Tyrone by 5, the heart has that little feeling that anything can happen on the day, and I guess thats why we travel in such numbers to these games.  Come on Armagh!