AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Murnin out is a major loss. The pendulum swings towards the Red Hands :-(
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

punt kick

Quote from: illdecide on August 03, 2017, 11:54:22 PM
Murnin is def out for Armagh and so is McKay but team won't be anounced until Sat morning. Murnin is a big loss but we have ample replacements so can't complain too much.
Please stop talking nonsense about who won it first, who cares ffs. Tyrone have had us in their back pockets bar 2014 which was the kick up the hole they needed, the only good thing is we're improving too and i'm realy looking forward to the game but the thought of getting beat is unbearable...PLEASE GOD (not we Pete) NO

You do know football has been going on for several years prior to Tyrone winning the all-ireland - I don't know what is worse here the smug Tyronies or the Armagh wans licking the bollocks of them and fueling their smugness.

punt kick

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 03, 2017, 10:18:16 PM

I, like most other Armagh fans I'd imagine, would swap winning it first for having multiple wins. In a heartbeat

Armagh will win it again.

Taylor

Quote from: punt kick on August 04, 2017, 08:49:23 AM

I, like most other Armagh fans I'd imagine, would swap winning it first for having multiple wins. In a heartbeat

Not with the current team.

No one outside of Dubs, Kerry or Tyrone will win it for the next 3/5 years.

Has the Armagh team been announced yet?

Applesisapples

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 03, 2017, 09:39:37 PM
Quote from: punt kick on August 03, 2017, 09:30:33 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 03, 2017, 04:20:28 PM
Quote from: punt kick on August 03, 2017, 04:17:52 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on August 03, 2017, 02:10:33 PM
Quote from: punt kick on August 03, 2017, 01:42:53 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 03, 2017, 12:32:34 AM
It's hard not to look back on that period and think Armagh were fairly shit upon by Tyrone and nothing can make up for that.

Armagh won it first but subsequent games saw it meant nothing. People now talk about the Tyrone-Kerry years; Armagh were default winners in a bad year.

That's what you keep telling yourself when you're crying into your babycham that Armagh beat Tyrone to it - makes 95 even more sore for you all, so close to getting there first.  ;D ;D
Christ you are a pair of Tits, double D's.

You can only be first once, three isn't hard to catch - dry your eyes cockhead.  ;D
Who gives a damn who got it first??? Cavan, Down, Derry, Donegal all got it before any of us? Do I lose sleep over that? Hell no. Come back when youve won 3.

And Armagh got it before Tyrone. You care kid. ;)

What a bizarre line of argument. I can honestly say without fear of contradiction that on the evening of the third Sunday in sept in 2003, 2005 and 2008, my mind did not once wander to Armagh lifting it in 2002. And so comfortable that a lot of Tyrone fans are with this that often you will hear a small bit of credit going Armagh's way as being catalyst that awoke the Tyrone juggernaut. If Tyrone win on Sunday, once again not a person in Tyrone will care one ounce that Armagh won in 2002. But I suppose if it makes you feel a little taller then keep believing that it is an issue.

But we didn't win it first, Cavan, Down, Derry and Donegal all won it before us. My biggest regret as an Armagh fan is that out of the 2 Brians/ Big Joe era we only won it once. It matters not that Tyrone got the rub and the ref on a couple of occasions and on others a mistake by one player or another ended the summer.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Taylor on August 04, 2017, 09:10:04 AM

I wouldn't be so sure, Armagh are a coming team they could win in the next 2/3 years if they continue to develop.

tonto1888

Quote from: Taylor on August 04, 2017, 09:10:04 AM

http://armaghgaa.net/football/armagh-team-v-tyrone/

laceer

Haven't looked forward to a Tyrone match as much in a long time-Tyrone v Armagh in Croke Park has something special about it.  Fancy Tyrone to win by a few although Armagh have a bit of momentum behind them. Can't remember too many big winning margins in these games.

Owen Brannigan

Travel Alerts:

Pipe laying on Newry Road in Armagh about halfway up the hill.  Results in traffic lights and single vehicle passing at all times. Will be an issue on Saturday. Creates long delays in both directions. There is a way around but it isn't easy.

Barrier repair on Aughnacloy to Ballygawley Road about 3/4 mile from Aughnacloy should be finished by Saturday but traffic lights currently in place.

Resurfacing of Great Northern in Omagh. Taking place at night but slowing traffic during the day, should be well on by Saturday.  Road closed at night with diversion through town.

Some sort of roadworks about 3 mile out of Monaghan towards Blayney, not sure what is happening.

StGallsGAA

What a bold, balls-on-the-line  prediction that is. "We'll win in again..... eventually" ;D 

Does anyone remember who won Sam first between Cork and Kerry? Or between Mayo and Galway?? Exactly.  The only factor that matters is who has the most. 

tonto1888

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 04, 2017, 09:26:02 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 03, 2017, 09:39:37 PM
Quote from: punt kick on August 03, 2017, 09:30:33 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 03, 2017, 04:20:28 PM
Quote from: punt kick on August 03, 2017, 04:17:52 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on August 03, 2017, 02:10:33 PM
Quote from: punt kick on August 03, 2017, 01:42:53 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 03, 2017, 12:32:34 AM
It's hard not to look back on that period and think Armagh were fairly shit upon by Tyrone and nothing can make up for that.

Armagh won it first but subsequent games saw it meant nothing. People now talk about the Tyrone-Kerry years; Armagh were default winners in a bad year.

That's what you keep telling yourself when you're crying into your babycham that Armagh beat Tyrone to it - makes 95 even more sore for you all, so close to getting there first.  ;D ;D
Christ you are a pair of Tits, double D's.

You can only be first once, three isn't hard to catch - dry your eyes cockhead.  ;D
Who gives a damn who got it first??? Cavan, Down, Derry, Donegal all got it before any of us? Do I lose sleep over that? Hell no. Come back when youve won 3.

And Armagh got it before Tyrone. You care kid. ;)

What a bizarre line of argument. I can honestly say without fear of contradiction that on the evening of the third Sunday in sept in 2003, 2005 and 2008, my mind did not once wander to Armagh lifting it in 2002. And so comfortable that a lot of Tyrone fans are with this that often you will hear a small bit of credit going Armagh's way as being catalyst that awoke the Tyrone juggernaut. If Tyrone win on Sunday, once again not a person in Tyrone will care one ounce that Armagh won in 2002. But I suppose if it makes you feel a little taller then keep believing that it is an issue.

But we didn't win it first, Cavan, Down, Derry and Donegal all won it before us. My biggest regret as an Armagh fan is that out of the 2 Brians/ Big Joe era we only won it once. It matters not that Tyrone got the rub and the ref on a couple of occasions and on others a mistake by one player or another ended the summer.

Talking about between us and Tyrone.
I agree. We left a couple behind us. Overall I think the backdoor cost us a couple

vallankumous

Quote from: armaghniac on August 03, 2017, 03:37:03 PM

I don't see what it should not sell out.
Each Ulster county would bring 12-15K anyway, you'd have some general interest bringing 4-5k, and then 35,000 Jackeens. Some of the latter are only buying tickets today as they were slow off the ball on Monday.

That's very convenient. it work's out perfectly for a full house.

There's no doubt there's a big crowd expected but a full house will be over expectation from any quarter.

Orior

1 (GK)   Blaine Hughes   Carraig an Chrupain
2      James Morgan   Raonaithe na Croise
3      Charlie Vernon   Cláirsigh Ard Mhacha
4      Paul Hughes   Raonaithe na Croise
5      Brendan Donaghy   Cluain Mhor
6      Mark Shields   An Chrois Bhan
7      Joe McElroy   Clarsigh Ard Mhacha
8      Stephen Sheridan   Foirceal
9      Niall Grimley   Na Madáin
10      Rory Grugan ( C )   Baile Mhic an Aba
11      Ciaran O'Hanlon   Cill Shleibhe
12      Aidan Forker   An Machaire
13      Jamie Clarke   Raonaithe na Croise
14      Gavin McParland   Baile Mhic an Aba
15      Stefan Campbell   Clan na Gael
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Walter Cronc

armaghniac

Quote from: vallankumous on August 04, 2017, 10:20:01 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 03, 2017, 03:37:03 PM

I don't see what it should not sell out.
Each Ulster county would bring 12-15K anyway, you'd have some general interest bringing 4-5k, and then 35,000 Jackeens. Some of the latter are only buying tickets today as they were slow off the ball on Monday.

That's very convenient. it work's out perfectly for a full house.

Which element of my calculation is wrong?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B