AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Taylor on August 01, 2017, 02:54:27 PM
I would say there is not another player in Ireland that takes the abuse SC takes (bar perhaps AOS).

That he has not reacted more times in his career is testament to the man

so Cavanagh is one of the most honest players in the game and Michael Murphy is finished as a county footballer....emmm. Time you had a Kit-Kat

Taylor

Quote from: JoG2 on August 01, 2017, 03:01:41 PM
Quote from: Taylor on August 01, 2017, 02:54:27 PM
I would say there is not another player in Ireland that takes the abuse SC takes (bar perhaps AOS).

That he has not reacted more times in his career is testament to the man

so Cavanagh is one of the most honest players in the game and Michael Murphy is finished as a county footballer....emmm. Time you had a Kit-Kat

Where has SC been dishonest?

MM has been flogged to death. McGuinness & Gallagher have to take responsibility for this

yellowcard

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 01, 2017, 03:00:02 PM
Is that your only argument yellowcard?

The black card was rescinded because it was deemed not to be "a deliberate body collision with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of the movement of play will also result in a black card"

The ball was nowhere near Sean and so that's why it was deemed he did not take the player out of the movement of play.

Did you see it yellowcard? Did you think Sean made a meal out of it or shouldn't have fallen?

You stated that you couldn't possibly argue that it wasn't a card but yet the disciplinary body over ruled it. I did see it and Cavanagh exaggerated contact as usual and the officials reacted to this in brandishing the black card.

There are dozens of examples of Cavanagh doing this to win free kicks over the years and that youtube clip a few posts back where Dara O'Se grazed the top of his back with his elbow is just a prime example. There are countless others if you actually had the time to go through them.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: yellowcard on August 01, 2017, 03:11:08 PM

The black card was rescinded because it was deemed not to be "a deliberate body collision with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of the movement of play will also result in a black card"

The ball was nowhere near Sean and so that's why it was deemed he did not take the player out of the movement of play.

Did you see it yellowcard? Did you think Sean made a meal out of it or shouldn't have fallen?

You stated that you couldn't possibly argue that it wasn't a card but yet the disciplinary body over ruled it. I did see it and Cavanagh exaggerated contact as usual and the officials reacted to this in brandishing the black card.

There are dozens of examples of Cavanagh doing this to win free kicks over the years and that youtube clip a few posts back where Dara O'Se grazed the top of his back with his elbow is just a prime example. There are countless others if you actually had the time to go through them.

While there are plenty of instances of Sean Cavabnagh getting 'soft' frees, using this is an example is complete nonsense.
He was shouldered in the back by a guy he didn't see coming, at a force that was more than enough to knock you over.
the fact the black card was rescinded only means that the referee didn't apply the rule correctly, not that SC dived.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Main Street

Sean nearly topped the poll "what tyrone man will do the most diving in 2007"
But hey, there was stiff opposition for Sean in them days.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=1807.0

Fuzzman

Thank you blewuporstuffed for being honest about that.
In fact to take the view which Yellowcard (and a few others I noted before) just shows their total bias towards the player and how they will listen to Joe Brolly bad mouth him all day long.

At the Roscommon game on Sunday, there was a player fouled in the first half and I shouted out that's a Sean Cavanagh free there for sure. The amount of lads who turned around and smiled at me was funny.

There are lots of times Sean is fouled and he could probably stay on his feet and try to ride the tackle but he goes down and wins his free as it makes the refs mind up for him NOT to play the advantage.
I can see for some people this is frustrating but there are also times when he falls the ref waves play on.

A dive is when there is no foul at all but I certainly agree big Sean will choose to go down whereras other players will try to stay on their feet. Aidan O'Shea gets an awful lot of abuse by staying on his feet.

yellowcard

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 01, 2017, 03:15:24 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 01, 2017, 03:11:08 PM

While there are plenty of instances of Sean Cavabnagh getting 'soft' frees, using this is an example is complete nonsense.
He was shouldered in the back by a guy he didn't see coming, at a force that was more than enough to knock you over.
the fact the black card was rescinded only means that the referee didn't apply the rule correctly, not that SC dived.

Fair enough, in isolation it mightn't be the best example, but it was the most recent. It had to be put in the context of the match though where there was a constant haranguing of the officials by Cavanagh in asking for action to be taken against opponents.

Fuzzman

As opposed to what YC, react himself and get a card or sent off?
If you were his manager what would you be telling him to do?
Take all the off the ball stuff without saying a word and just accept it?

Man ye need to wise up and try to add some balance in your arguments otherwise people will just say you're very biased and not showing any common sense at all.

Are you saying then that it's fair enough for Sean to get man handled the whole game and for him not to retaliate nor should he report it to the referee.
What should he do. Take the ball under his arm and say I'm going home and not playing with ye boyz any more.

Anyway, I think Sean will be the least of yer worries on Saturday.
Who's down to ref it or do we know yet?

tonto1888

I think he made a meal of it

Fuzzman

How Tonto?

By falling over after receiving a shoulder into his back when he wasn't even watching?

Rois

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 01, 2017, 04:33:52 PM
How Tonto?

By falling over after receiving a shoulder into his back when he wasn't even watching?
C'mon Fuzz, the old "never argue with a fool" thing applies here...just step away.

Taylor

Step back FM............without logic this argument is futile

Solo_run

tonto1888

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 01, 2017, 04:33:52 PM
How Tonto?

With the caveat of only watching on tele and not feeling the strength of the shoulder myself it looked like he made a meal of it. I try to be fair in these things and only calling it as I seen it