AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 31, 2017, 11:47:58 AM
Think the Down fans were very annoyed that despite them doing well this year and having beaten Armagh, their old rivals have got further than they did and have a big chance to get to an AI semifinal.

Too rights they are and there's a well known local GAA man walking up and down Hill Street in Newry this morning in his Armagh t-shirt reminding as many as possible that this is the case 😂

JoG2

Quote from: lenny on July 31, 2017, 11:52:19 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on July 31, 2017, 09:55:50 AM
Hoping for a tight competitive match. Hard to see beyond a Tyrone win though, but in sport, you never know.

Both this weekends quaters are only on Sky again by the looks of it, that's 6 big games in the last 3 weeks only available if you help swell Murdoch's coffers to watch our amateur footballers...HQ should hang their heads in shame

We know how tyrone will play. They are extremely disciplined and rigid in their formation. We saw however in the first half v down that they haven't made the kind of improvement from last year that some tyrone supporters seem to think. If armagh can be disciplined and keep their defensive shape for at least the first 60 minutes even if they go 3 or 4 points down then I think they have a good chance in this game. Tyrone look like a great attacking team when their opponents leave holes in the defence. Down were well set up in the first half and didn't commit too many men forward and tyrone looked clueless for a lot of the first half. If Murnin is fit I would give armagh a decent chance of winnythis game.

couldn't agree more, but we'd do well listening to Taylor's updates from Garvaghey as he helps Tyrone prepare to dish out another bad beating on some poor county.

sam03/05

How are tickets allocated for this? Surely each county should get the same allocation
The Dubs should not get more than anyone else. Fair enough if they buy them online

Also Dublin always get allocated the home dressing room at Croker - but that should change on Saturday as only one county pips them in alphabetical order - Ard Macha

illdecide

I've a feeling a lot of the Dubs might wanna see this game, they could watch it in the pub and if Tyrone go easy enough on us and at HT we're not too many behind you could see a lot of Dubs coming in for 2nd half :P

Please Tyrone don't punish your lovely neighbours too much...We're all Gaels at the end of the day ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Taylor

Quote from: JoG2 on July 31, 2017, 12:11:53 PM
Hoping for a tight competitive match. Hard to see beyond a Tyrone win though, but in sport, you never know.

Both this weekends quaters are only on Sky again by the looks of it, that's 6 big games in the last 3 weeks only available if you help swell Murdoch's coffers to watch our amateur footballers...HQ should hang their heads in shame

We know how tyrone will play. They are extremely disciplined and rigid in their formation. We saw however in the first half v down that they haven't made the kind of improvement from last year that some tyrone supporters seem to think. If armagh can be disciplined and keep their defensive shape for at least the first 60 minutes even if they go 3 or 4 points down then I think they have a good chance in this game. Tyrone look like a great attacking team when their opponents leave holes in the defence. Down were well set up in the first half and didn't commit too many men forward and tyrone looked clueless for a lot of the first half. If Murnin is fit I would give armagh a decent chance of winnythis game.

couldn't agree more, but we'd do well listening to Taylor's updates from Garvaghey as he helps Tyrone prepare to dish out another bad beating on some poor county.

I dont think it will be a bad beating but it will be a beating.

The Armagh keeper looks like a young gassun. What age is he?

Lamh Dhearg Alba

You should go back and have another look at that game. Tyrone were dominant for the first 20 minutes and but for some poor wides would have been well clear. They lost their way somewhat for 10 minutes or so but suggesting they were "clueless for a lot of the first half" is flawed analysis. They scored 0-7 in that half and but for really poor wides would have been in double figures by the break. Bad shooting kept Down in it before their mini revival rather than any great defensive work.

I think Tyrone have made progress from last year, but remain unconvinced that it will be enough to really trouble one of the top teams. A win here won't answer that question, but a defeat will tell us a lot. If Tyrone can't beat this Armagh side then they clearly aren't good enough to challenge the best. But I think they will.

StGallsGAA

Although my head is telling me a comfortable Tyrone win,  my heart is saying it'll be an injury time free from big Sean Cav that wins it!   8)

omagh_gael

Stand tickets all gone from tickets.ie only terrace available as of update at 12.06pm.

BennyHarp

Quote from: illdecide on July 31, 2017, 12:21:28 PM
I've a feeling a lot of the Dubs might wanna see this game, they could watch it in the pub and if Tyrone go easy enough on us and at HT we're not too many behind you could see a lot of Dubs coming in for 2nd half :P

Please Tyrone don't punish your lovely neighbours too much...We're all Gaels at the end of the day ;)

No feckin way, wire it into yez. A confident Armagh is a dangerous animal and although the battles from a few years ago is making feel nostalgic, I still remember 2002, 2005 Ulster final and yes 1987, so a 5 goal thumping would finally lay the ghosts of Irvinestown to rest.
That was never a square ball!!

yellowcard

Would have preferred to draw Dublin even though we have a far better chance of competing against and beating Tyrone. Armagh will have no respect for Tyrone anyway and they are certainly no world beaters. I think geezer should pitch McKeever in from the start against Sean Cavanagh for this match, he is always able to cow him down. We had no chance of beating Dublin but we have a puchers chance against Tyrone as I believe we have a better forward line than they have. However, the reality is that they are a bit more experienced and seasoned than us and they have a finely tuned defensive system in place that make it difficult to rack up big scores against. We have absolutely nothing to lose going into this match though and if we are still in the game with 10/15 minutes left anything can happen.

Fuzzman

I hate being that first game of a double bill in croker. It's always low key with zero atmosphere as loads of fans are happy to watch it in the pub and it affects the game I think.
There was a very poor atmosphere for the Galway game yesterday whereas the Rossies were roared on by  the huge crowd for the second game.

Dublin fans haven't been showing up in their usual numbers this year so far and I would say there could be less at this game than you think. For those who will show, you don't know much about the Dubs if you think they will come in early to watch what they would call Nordern Muck

Yeah, keep focusing on big Sean. He's our main man and everything still goes through him.

armaghniac

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 31, 2017, 12:40:55 PM
Dublin fans haven't been showing up in their usual numbers this year so far and I would say there could be less at this game than you think. For those who will show, you don't know much about the Dubs if you think they will come in early to watch what they would call Nordern Muck

Stand tickets sold out on Tickets.ie, but Hill tickets left, so the Dubs are not piling in.
The Dubs wouldn't see Monaghan as a rival, nor a major threat, in the way that they might see Kerry or Mayo.

Monaghan people will come along to see Tyrone v Armagh, so you could have decent crowd, albeit spread out.

I'd say most Tyrone and Armagh people will put differences aside and cheer for Monaghan, so at least the support won't be one sided. This won't help if the Dubs get 5 or 6 points ahead though.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

punt kick

Quote from: armaghniac on July 31, 2017, 12:45:22 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on July 31, 2017, 12:40:55 PM

Stand tickets sold out on Tickets.ie, but Hill tickets left, so the Dubs are not piling in.
The Dubs wouldn't see Monaghan as a rival, nor a major threat, in the way that they might see Kerry or Mayo.

Monaghan people will come along to see Tyrone v Armagh, so you could have decent crowd, albeit spread out.

I'd say most Tyrone and Armagh people will put differences aside and cheer for Monaghan, so at least the support won't be one sided. This won't help if the Dubs get 5 or 6 points ahead though.

Plus the Liverpool game is on in the Aviva.  ;)

TheGreatest

3 teams cheering against the Dubs, the way we like it. It shall be remembered.

A good day out all the same. . . . . . . . . .

T Fearon

I would like to think Armagh will have the support of those Dubs who turn up early.We beat Tyrone in Ómagh the last time we met in the Championship,and sent Big Sean home in tears.I have no doubt we can repeat this on Saturday.