AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 30, 2017, 07:45:26 PM
I genuinely have nothing but respect for Armagh football. They won the AI before us and made us realise we were good enough to win it too. After the 2003 final, every Armagh supporter I met was very magnanimous and gracious in defeat and congratulated us on the win. Our battles in 2005 where the defining games of that decade in my view, two of the best teams of that era at the top of their game. The semi final was just the most gut wrenchingly tense experience I think I've ever had in football. That Armagh team should have won more than 1 All Ireland and it's good to see them back playing on Croke Park in August. Having said all that, I hope we hammer the feckers next weekend and I can't wait! 😀

Fair play BennyH...I love the banter with Tyrone wans but when it all comes down to it there is genuine mutial respect between both Counties (real Football men), I have a lot of time for MH and have been in his company before and is a gentleman TBH (Couldn't believe Tyronies were calling for his head...the man's a genuis). My honest opinion is Tyrone are a level above Armagh but that's not to say we can't win...of course we can but we'd have to play at our best to do so and hope we carry a bit of luck along the way.

Anyway get your cars filled with the Red and get your checkered shirts on with Nathan Carter playing and the right elbow hanging out the window and we'll meet u in Dublin for a pint (of Buckfast) :P :)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

BennyCake

I genuinely have nothing but respect for Armagh football. They won the AI before us and made us realise we were good enough to win it too. After the 2003 final, every Armagh supporter I met was very magnanimous and gracious in defeat and congratulated us on the win. Our battles in 2005 where the defining games of that decade in my view, two of the best teams of that era at the top of their game. The semi final was just the most gut wrenchingly tense experience I think I've ever had in football. That Armagh team should have won more than 1 All Ireland and it's good to see them back playing on Croke Park in August. Having said all that, I hope we hammer the feckers next weekend and I can't wait! 😀

If we hadn't won it in 2002, would Tyrone have won it in the subsequent years?

trueblue1234

I think Tyrone would still have won AI's. That team had won at underage and there was a great group of players coming through.

Good to play Armagh in a competitive game in Croke Park again. Always good banter.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

BennyHarp

Quote from: BennyCake on July 30, 2017, 09:15:19 PM

😂 Calm yourself. That group of Tyrone players would have won All Irelands in any era. Maybe Armagh just fast tracked it.
That was never a square ball!!

omagh_gael

RedHand88

Behave sir!

Il Bomber Destro

BennyCake

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 30, 2017, 09:53:51 PM

Behave sir!

It's alright to be arrogant in hindsight, but Donegal and Derry admitted Down's win gave them the belief. Had Down not won in 91, would Donegal or Derry followed?

Whishtup

A game for Cavanagh. Looking forward to this-you just never know what the outcome will be when 2 Ulster teams play.  A red card could prove costly.

Aaron Boone

Tyrone also are crap at quarter-finals when Ulster Champs.

tonto1888

Gonna be some craic in here this week. I know Tyrone have been given a lot of praise this year, most of it justifies. Maybe some of it is undeserved tho, when you look at how Donegal capitulated against Galway. That said they are a very very good team and at least one level above us at the moment. However, I believe we can give them a good rattle. We won't beat them I reckon but hopefully we walk out of croke park next Saturday with our heads held high

bennydorano

Wonder what the story is with Murnin, he's pretty injury prone unfortunately and you don't recover from a hammy that quickly, with a bit of luck maybe it was an ubercramp. If he is injured I'd throw Ethan Rafferty on the edge of the square, he would be a bit of a wildcard there.  I hope they keep Campbell on the bench as he's been more effective from there this year.

Whatever happens next week I just hope they play with the same fire they have been so far.

regal

Fair play bennyharp, respect for your comments.

I think it should be a cracking game. Armagh have nothing really to lose, unlike Tyrone. If Armagh had a full deck to chose from, I'd give them a big chance but it looks like they've picked up a few injuries from yesterday - McKay and murnin. These are in a addition to those already out.

sligoman2

Great to see the interest this game has generated, it was the draw I was hoping for.  I expect it to be strategy at the beginning and then like a boxing match become a free for all (in a good way) when a blow is landed.
Great opportunity to showcase two good teams, I hope it's hell for leather as I am really looking forward to this one.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

armaghniac

Quote from: regal on July 31, 2017, 12:23:41 AM
Fair play bennyharp, respect for your comments.

I think it should be a cracking game. Armagh have nothing really to lose, unlike Tyrone. If Armagh had a full deck to chose from, I'd give them a big chance but it looks like they've picked up a few injuries from yesterday - McKay and murnin. These are in a addition to those already out.

Murnin will be a particular loss.

At least the Armagh supporters have a full deck!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B