Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Derry Optimist

With the recent retirements I would like to see the following team starting against Tyrone in next year's championship.
                                 B McKinless
N Keenan                  B Rogers                K McKaigue
C McFaul                    C McKaigue            L McGoldrick
                     C McAtamney          P Cassidy
D Heavron                  E Bradley               N Toner
E Lynn                        Colm McGoldrick     N Loughlin

Low and Hard

Quote from: Glenman93 on October 19, 2018, 07:14:27 PM
It looks like Gareth McKinless could be back for Derry too! Heard his suspension in the reserves was thrown out after an appeal.  Good deal for the county board. We will forget about all the kicking you do and sending offs you have and let  you play in a meaningless reserve championship final and you play for Derry next year. "Deal"

I wouldn't say a reserve county final is meaningless! No county title easy won.

JoG2

Quote from: Low and Hard on October 19, 2018, 08:25:26 PM
It looks like Gareth McKinless could be back for Derry too! Heard his suspension in the reserves was thrown out after an appeal.  Good deal for the county board. We will forget about all the kicking you do and sending offs you have and let  you play in a meaningless reserve championship final and you play for Derry next year. "Deal"

The very same man giving out to the CB for disrespecting the reserves recently.. And low and behold the man himself disrespects the reserve final.

Glenman93

Sorry I didn't mean it was meaningless. To me the county board said that by letting mckinless off

club football only

Quote from: Glenman93 on October 19, 2018, 09:15:24 PM

Sorry I didn't mean it was meaningless. To me the county board said that by letting mckinless off
I think he served his one match suspension missing the dungiven semi final

Smurfy123

Clutching at straws
Derry's hope now fall on the hands of a reserve player
O my god

the half-time show

Quote from: JoG2 on October 17, 2018, 02:27:58 PM
Quote from: Waataboutyee on October 16, 2018, 08:32:21 AM
Championship Final Week  :)
Whats the predictions?
Will the experience of Coleraine see them over the line?
Will Brennan and Downey outfox Sean McGoldrick?

Were originally I thought Coleraine would when this match by a couple of points, I'm starting to swing the other way and think Lavey could very well win this game by the bare minimum. Will O'Boyle start? I think he will and will score a couple of goals which will be the difference. The only time Coleraine looked under pressure in the semi was when the high ball went in. In Toner and McGill they have maybe the 2 standouts this year.

Lavey by 1

I really don't see this myself. Coleraine have been the most dominant team in the championship this year and are a much stronger team than Lavey. I'd expect them to be fairly comfortable tomorrow unless Lavey can get those couple of goals you mention.

oakleaflad

Good wins for both Limavady and Banagher today in Ulster.

lenny

Quote from: the half-time show on October 20, 2018, 04:00:06 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on October 17, 2018, 02:27:58 PM
Quote from: Waataboutyee on October 16, 2018, 08:32:21 AM
Championship Final Week  :)
Whats the predictions?
Will the experience of Coleraine see them over the line?
Will Brennan and Downey outfox Sean McGoldrick?

Were originally I thought Coleraine would when this match by a couple of points, I'm starting to swing the other way and think Lavey could very well win this game by the bare minimum. Will O'Boyle start? I think he will and will score a couple of goals which will be the difference. The only time Coleraine looked under pressure in the semi was when the high ball went in. In Toner and McGill they have maybe the 2 standouts this year.

Lavey by 1

I really don't see this myself. Coleraine have been the most dominant team in the championship this year and are a much stronger team than Lavey. I'd expect them to be fairly comfortable tomorrow unless Lavey can get those couple of goals you mention.

Lavey by 5.

Estimator

Quote from: Derry Optimist on October 19, 2018, 08:09:25 PM
With the recent retirements I would like to see the following team starting against Tyrone in next year's championship.
                                 B McKinless
N Keenan                  B Rogers                K McKaigue
C McFaul                    C McKaigue            L McGoldrick
                     C McAtamney          P Cassidy
D Heavron                  E Bradley               N Toner
E Lynn                        Colm McGoldrick     N Loughlin

The article that announced the retirements also stated that Loughlin was heading back to Australia.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Glenman93

Quote from: club football only on October 20, 2018, 09:13:14 AM

So what was the appeal for???

club football only

Quote from: Glenman93 on October 20, 2018, 10:16:27 PM
Quote from: club football only on October 20, 2018, 09:13:14 AM

So what was the appeal for???
There was no appeal!!!! Whatever the referee put in his report the sending off only merited a one match suspension!!!!

club football only

Congratulations to Coleraine on winning your second county title and totally deserved too!!!,lavey just didn't click at the right times!!!! The reserve final was by far the best match of the two!!!! Hard hitting, fair good football,plenty of scores,well done to both an lub and ballinderry for a great sporting match!!! Congratulations an lub

theticklemister

Loup stole the reserve.

I though the number 5 for Ballinderry was excellent and looked at the programme and it was NcKindless.  He has put some muscle on.

Coleraine always in driving seat. Sean Leo was poetry in motion.

JoG2

2 enjoyable games played in perfect October conditions. Some way for the Loup to snatch the victory and a quare advertisement or reserve football. The man lying down with cramp getting hoked around the pitch is something you don't see everyday

Lavey didn't have the shooting boots on, and you kinda knew when the Coleraine goal went in, that could well be the difference. Big O'Boyle leading Lavey out at the start of the 2nd half was a big statement of intent but it just didn't materialise. I'll tell you one thing, the Coleraine team are in serious condition and imo have a decent chance of giving Ulster a serious rattle. Liam McGoldrick has a fair kick. Will that game be in Breffni Pk?