?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Drag And Pull

Quote from: restorepride on June 10, 2018, 12:22:11 PM
Quote from: Drag And Pull on June 10, 2018, 10:40:20 AM
We are getting away from Derry's shortcomings,  but this whole modern stuff with cynical play has gotten out of hand. All top level sport has an element of 'cynical play'. Successful teams are not angels. Our only all-Ireland winning team had their share, anyone who thinks differently is in la-la land. Off the ball holding, third man tackes, taking out the runner. These type of things actually used to be worse.
Name them.

Not going to personalize things with our 93 team, but you can't be serious! Look at our current all-Ireland champs. What did all their players do when Rock scored the last point?
As I mentioned earlier,  this is distracting from a symbolic year that our senior football team had. No point in blaming those big bad cynical Kildare men. Carlow seemed to handle them.

Uncle Phil

Heard Joe Brolly and Brian McIver had a heated exchange in the stand. Anyone know what this was about?

JoG2

Quote from: Uncle Phil on June 10, 2018, 01:32:28 PM
Heard Joe Brolly and Brian McIver had a heated exchange in the stand. Anyone know what this was about?

If you're going to be the ultimate hurdler on the ditch, someone will take umbrage

Absolutely brilliant from the u20s.. Some spirited comeback by the looks of it.

restorepride

Quote from: Drag And Pull on June 10, 2018, 01:24:08 PM
We are getting away from Derry's shortcomings,  but this whole modern stuff with cynical play has gotten out of hand. All top level sport has an element of 'cynical play'. Successful teams are not angels. Our only all-Ireland winning team had their share, anyone who thinks differently is in la-la land. Off the ball holding, third man tackes, taking out the runner. These type of things actually used to be worse.
Name them.

Not going to personalize things with our 93 team, but you can't be serious! Look at our current all-Ireland champs. What did all their players do when Rock scored the last point?
As I mentioned earlier,  this is distracting from a symbolic year that our senior football team had. No point in blaming those big bad cynical Kildare men. Carlow seemed to handle them.
Knew you were full of shite about 93.

Drag And Pull

Quote from: restorepride on June 10, 2018, 04:16:54 PM
Name them.

Greg Blaney must have hit himself off the ball in the marshes! Niall Cahalane must have knocked his own teeth out in the final. Grow up and learn how to watch.

restorepride

Quote from: Drag And Pull on June 10, 2018, 04:25:36 PM
Name them.

Greg Blaney must have hit himself off the ball in the marshes! Niall Cahalane must have knocked his own teeth out in the final. Grow up and learn how to watch.
And you are still full of shite trying to discredit our 93 team. Grow a pair and name them.

Drag And Pull

Look back at my posts since yesterday's game. Nothing to do with discrediting 93 team. I pointed out that all winners play on the edge, and then some. This was in reference to some crying about 'cycinicle' Kildare. I have no real problem with this, it's reality. We need to stop papering over our senior teams inadequacies with lame excuses. You seem to want to avoid our failings by petty point scoring with me. Maybe that's your thing.   ;)

Btw congrats to all involved in the U20s. Great job!

restorepride

Quote from: Drag And Pull on June 10, 2018, 05:20:32 PM
Look back at my posts since yesterday's game. Nothing to do with discrediting 93 team. I pointed out that all winners play on the edge, and then some. This was in reference to some crying about 'cycinicle' Kildare. I have no real problem with this, it's reality. We need to stop papering over our senior teams inadequacies with lame excuses. You seem to want to avoid our failings by petty point scoring with me. Maybe that's your thing.   ;)

Typical mouth who can't back up his shite talk and who defends "cycinicle" (new one for me!?) play to win.

On a more positive note for the future, Deegan had no bother giving out the red today, compared to Coldrick's performance yesterday.  Players gave their all against Kildare and definitely restored pride in the jersey. Good crowd support as well which is encouraging moving forward. Fair play to Rodgers, great club and county man.  Don't let the moaners pull and drag us down.

Glenman93

What a waste of 5 weeks coming up.

braveheart

Quote from: restorepride on June 10, 2018, 04:30:41 PM
Name them.

And you are still full of shite trying to discredit our 93 team. Grow a pair and name them.
Don't be silly. We had masters of cynicism on that team and everyone who watched football in that generation new them. We laughed when they played for Derry and we yelled and screamed at them when they played for their clubs because we knew what they were at.

braveheart

Quote from: restorepride on June 10, 2018, 06:37:06 PM

Typical mouth who can't back up his shite talk and who defends "cycinicle" (new one for me!?) play to win.

On a more positive note for the future, Deegan had no bother giving out the red today, compared to Coldrick's performance yesterday.  Players gave their all against Kildare and definitely restored pride in the jersey. Good crowd support as well which is encouraging moving forward. Fair play to Rodgers, great club and county man.  Don't let the moaners pull and drag us down.
Coldrick was poor yesterday. A leinster man should not have been the ref at this match. But he didn't beat us. We were poor. But thankfully we have a good u20 team and a useful u17 team coming through. Division 4 is where we are at and these fellas will get plenty of opportunities to prove their worth next year. Doire Abu

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: braveheart on June 10, 2018, 08:07:43 PM
Quote from: restorepride on June 10, 2018, 06:37:06 PM

Coldrick was poor yesterday. A leinster man should not have been the ref at this match. But he didn't beat us. We were poor. But thankfully we have a good u20 team and a useful u17 team coming through. Division 4 is where we are at and these fellas will get plenty of opportunities to prove their worth next year. Doire Abu

Problem is we've had shitloads of good minor and u21 teams in the past but where has it got us ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

braveheart

Another point. I don't know the exact numbers but kildare seemed to have as many,if not more supporters in Owenbeg yesterday. Derry need to bring the National league games to Glen/Bellaghy/Ballinascreen next year if they want a decent support behind the team.

restorepride

Quote from: braveheart on June 10, 2018, 08:03:13 PM
Quote from: restorepride on June 10, 2018, 04:30:41 PM
Name them.

Don't be silly. We had masters of cynicism on that team and everyone who watched football in that generation new them. We laughed when they played for Derry and we yelled and screamed at them when they played for their clubs because we knew what they were at.
Go ahead big balls and name them. Or are you another bluffer?

Mountain Gael

Quote from: RedandBlacks on June 09, 2018, 08:08:53 PM
Quote from: currychip on June 09, 2018, 07:58:37 PM
We can't blame Coldrick, bad as he was.  Defensive approach was brutal.  Letting Kildare carry the ball so far up the field, without a challenge.  What was the thinking there?

Wouldn't blame coldrick but his performance didn't help. At times we played very well. But it all came down to how much we concede. Which has been the issue over the past few years. Scoring 2-14 should win most games
Agree that 2-14 should win most games but we have been conceding an average of 20pts a game from the start of the league and thats us playing in division 3, we have been shocking the whole year, sorry but i have to be honest, just not good enough with the quality of players we have