Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (47.6%)
?
11 (52.4%)

Total Members Voted: 21

toby47

Only one I was at was the Dungiven thirds vs Slaughtneil thirds last week in Draperstown, boxing on the pitch and in the stands. We all saw the video's of Kilrea vs Ballinderry and I never saw the Ogra/Trasna one. Dungiven/Swatragh supposedly had a right wee rumble last week in the u21's with a supporter or two jumping the wire.

Cannot condone any of these incidents however any club would feel hard done by now with a large punishment when so many previous melee's have been ignored. example, a brawl between Glenullin vs Foreglen a couple of years ago in a playoff in Owenbeg was all over the internet and I don't remember any suspensions or punishment handed out.

Estimator

There has been some amount of over-reaction to one team meeting, and the apparent notion that these will be the only players considered for the Championship in 8mnths time.  As a previous poster has stated – its October. The management team has only been in place since the minor final, just over 3 weeks ago, and already the Warriors are out in force. 

Its like they want to be fit to say "I told you so", if it does go wrong, and then they'll be able to quote themselves from October and give themselves a pat on the back as they got it right long before a ball was kicked in anger.
There has been some list of demands already, Posters wanted a full run down of the lads at the first meeting of the year.  Posters want statements issued from the management for the sake of the stability and future of Derry football!?!

So here is my list of demands from the new Derry management:
1.   A personal phone call to explain why I wasn't at the first meeting and why I'm not require this year.
2.   A personal profile of each and every member of the initial panel. Plus 5 reasons why they were selected ahead of others.
3.   A explanation of their views on the Colm Cooper testimonial.
4.   A complete training schedule, including but not limited to:
        a.   Individual training plans
        b.   When/Where the gym work is taking place
        c.   The drills that will be done on the pitch. (including sketches/drawings)
5.   A thesis on where county matches should take place.  Should we continue with Owenbeg/Celtic Park, or should we   
        take the games around the county.
6.   A total rundown of their tactical plans, including but not limited to:
        a.   Are we going to play with a sweeper?
        b.   Who is going to play this role?
        c.   Will we play with 3 in the ff line? Give reasons
        d.   Will we set up in the same way for every game?
        e.   How do you see the role of the goalkeeper? Will there be rotation in the position during pre-season?
7.   A comment regarding the awful pinky coloured jersey that Derry had to wear 14/15years ago.

And finally...

8.   I would like an input on who is going to be captain and vice-captain for the current season.

I hope the management team deal with this as soon as possible.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Rawhide

Yeah, and the really hilarious part of it is that we have only about 400/500 supporters who regularly attend the games.
cccc is a true supporter lol

allseasons

Quote from: Estimator on October 11, 2017, 09:53:23 AM
There has been some amount of over-reaction to one team meeting, and the apparent notion that these will be the only players considered for the Championship in 8mnths time.  As a previous poster has stated – its October. The management team has only been in place since the minor final, just over 3 weeks ago, and already the Warriors are out in force. 

Its like they want to be fit to say "I told you so", if it does go wrong, and then they'll be able to quote themselves from October and give themselves a pat on the back as they got it right long before a ball was kicked in anger.
There has been some list of demands already, Posters wanted a full run down of the lads at the first meeting of the year.  Posters want statements issued from the management for the sake of the stability and future of Derry football!?!

1.   A personal phone call to explain why I wasn't at the first meeting and why I'm not require this year.
2.   A personal profile of each and every member of the initial panel. Plus 5 reasons why they were selected ahead of others.
5.   A thesis on where county matches should take place.  Should we continue with Owenbeg/Celtic Park, or should we   
        e.   How do you see the role of the goalkeeper? Will there be rotation in the position during pre-season?
7.   A comment regarding the awful pinky coloured jersey that Derry had to wear 14/15years ago.

And finally...

8.   I would like an input on who is going to be captain and vice-captain for the current season.

Best post in a long time  :)
so many pretending to be behind the new management. Give them a chance and trust them to do the right things.

restorepride

Quote from: allseasons on October 11, 2017, 12:50:35 PM

And finally...

Best post in a long time  :)
so many pretending to be behind the new management. Give them a chance and trust them to do the right things.

Trust is crucial.  Not sure the trust is as strong after the Clifford disaster. Lack of plan A, no plan B. what was the planning/preparation in training? 

theticklemister

For fucksake lads; it was only a Junior standard fight , not a punch was on target. The fighting in the other games were reserve standard.

restorepride

Quote from: theticklemister on October 12, 2017, 12:05:57 AM
For fucksake lads; it was only a Junior stand fight , not a punch was on target. The fighting in the other games were reserve standard.
No comment please until we see the referee's report.

NatSoSaff

And finally...

That would be great actually  ;D

braveheart

Awaiting the result from the minor championship final to see if the revolution in Bellaghy has started. Draperstown could never beat the Tones-could they TFAL? That would be embarrassing. That would take years to recover from

screenexile

Quote from: braveheart on October 14, 2017, 04:44:38 PM
Awaiting the result from the minor championship final to see if the revolution in Bellaghy has started. Draperstown could never beat the Tones-could they TFAL? That would be embarrassing. That would take years to recover from

CHAMPIONEEES!!! 🏆🏆🏆🏆

restorepride

If you were still waiting for the result at 4.44, time to move out your time zone!

Uncle Phil

Well done to our lads today! Well worth their victory.

Bellaghy fall at the last hurdle, a repeat of 2005.

Best of luck to Screen in Ulster!

Nothing beats winning with your friends.

restorepride

Quote from: Uncle Phil on October 14, 2017, 06:51:47 PM

The behaviour of some of your management team as Bellaghy tried to take an equalising free was totally unacceptable and a Screen player also walked right into the freetaker's face, sledging him as he went.  How the free was not brought forward is a mystery. Referee was an absolute disgrace, out of his depth, so a somewhat hollow victory for Screen unfortunately, as Bellaghy also missed two penalties and played last quarter with 14 due to more ref-interference from Screen sideline. Screen gave a better team performance than Bellaghy on the day and won in the end but Screen won no extra friends today with some of their antics, a minority, but grown men who should know better.

screenexile

Quote from: restorepride on October 14, 2017, 07:30:25 PM

The behaviour of some of your management team as Bellaghy tried to take an equalising free was totally unacceptable and a Screen player also walked right into the freetaker's face, sledging him as he went.  How the free was not brought forward is a mystery. Referee was an absolute disgrace, out of his depth, so a somewhat hollow victory for Screen unfortunately, as Bellaghy also missed two penalties and played last quarter with 14 due to more ref-interference from Screen sideline. Screen gave a better team performance than Bellaghy on the day and won in the end but Screen won no extra friends today with some of their antics, a minority, but grown men who should know better.

Nonsense... had you been to many of these games previously you'll know that kind of stuff has been going on for 4 years now with no complaints from us and in fairness there were no complaints from Bellaghy after the match. It was a tough hard fought match but I agree the ref was not great that 2nd penalty was never a penalty and I thought no. 5's first yellow was quite harsh.

The free at the end had already been brought forward so couldn't be brought forward again!

Well done to all our lads today having been heartbroken against this Bellaghy team on at least 4 occasions previously in big matches they stood up today and said it was not going to happen again. I thought personally it would be a tall order without JP Devlin but the lads never stopped throughout.

Special mention to our goalkeeper Ryan Scullion who made 4 fantastic saves it was the kind of performance you dream about he was brilliant!

Going by the Feile a few years ago Screen and Bellaghy went on to contest an All Ireland Semi Final so hopefully we can go well in Ulster!

lenny

Quote from: restorepride on October 14, 2017, 07:30:25 PM

Bellaghy players or management don't need any lessons in sledging. They were up to their usual antics in the semifinal against us. Glad to see Screen beat them today and not that surprised. I always thought screen had the better players out of the 2 teams and better team players.