10 (47.6%)
?
11 (52.4%)

Total Members Voted: 21

screenexile

Quote from: restorepride on February 17, 2018, 11:59:15 AM
Quote from: screenexile on February 17, 2018, 11:31:09 AM
Quote from: braveheart on February 17, 2018, 10:32:51 AM
Who is Aaron Bradley? I've never heard of him before-Has he been called up recently?

He's full back from our minor team last year. He's a very good player he would have been a guaranteed starter for the minors last year only he did his cruciate and was only coming back around the time Derry got past Ulster I think so opted not to join the panel.

Hopefully he gets 10/15 minutes here or there it will be great experience for him.
Out of interest, has he started for Screen seniors yet?

I don't think so but not totally sure.

restorepride

Quote from: screenexile on February 18, 2018, 06:53:20 PM
Who is Aaron Bradley? I've never heard of him before-Has he been called up recently?

He's full back from our minor team last year. He's a very good player he would have been a guaranteed starter for the minors last year only he did his cruciate and was only coming back around the time Derry got past Ulster I think so opted not to join the panel.

Hopefully he gets 10/15 minutes here or there it will be great experience for him.

Well, he made his Derry senior debut today, albeit very briefly! 

Estimator

Quote from: restorepride on February 18, 2018, 08:05:58 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 18, 2018, 06:53:20 PM

Well, he made his Derry senior debut today, albeit very briefly!

I'm pretty sure he lined out for an Ulster League match a couple of weeks ago.
Ulster League Champions 2009

braveheart

The surface in Celtic park is no longer the best in Derry. It resembled a bog in places yesterday. A fine total of 570 paid in,570. When are we going to learn. On a positive note at least we won. A fine start and a good finish but we were poor in between. But I could see signs of improvement

screenexile

Quote from: braveheart on February 19, 2018, 10:46:44 AM
The surface in Celtic park is no longer the best in Derry. It resembled a bog in places yesterday. A fine total of 570 paid in,570. When are we going to learn. On a positive note at least we won. A fine start and a good finish but we were poor in between. But I could see signs of improvement

Interesting comment. . . which pitch in Derry do you think would have been better than Celtic Park yesterday?

Any highlights I saw of matches over the weekend the pitches were all bogs all over the place!

braveheart

Quote from: screenexile on February 19, 2018, 11:12:25 AM

Interesting comment. . . which pitch in Derry do you think would have been better than Celtic Park yesterday?

Any highlights I saw of matches over the weekend the pitches were all bogs all over the place!
Supposedly,there was a school game played on Celtic park on the Saturday and then they played the Hurling before the Derry v Offaly game. That was silly at best. The pitch surface was terrible. My point is and always will be,if the pitch in Celtic park is like it was yesterday then why take the matches there as no-one wants to travel. Derry,as a team would gain an advantage by playing in frount of a bigger crowd at a South Derry venue. 570 people attended that Double header yesterday,that number is pathetic. And it isn't going to change for the foreseeable future whilst the matches are played at Celtic park.

oakleaflad

Quote from: braveheart on February 19, 2018, 11:43:30 AM

Supposedly,there was a school game played on Celtic park on the Saturday and then they played the Hurling before the Derry v Offaly game. That was silly at best. The pitch surface was terrible. My point is and always will be,if the pitch in Celtic park is like it was yesterday then why take the matches there as no-one wants to travel. Derry,as a team would gain an advantage by playing in frount of a bigger crowd at a South Derry venue. 570 people attended that Double header yesterday,that number is pathetic. And it isn't going to change for the foreseeable future whilst the matches are played at Celtic park.
The matches are going to be at Celtic Park for the foreseeable future though. Maybe it's the attitude of the South Derry 'supporters' that needs to change?

thebuzz

The Athletics Ground would be considered a good pitch and it didn't look great on Saturday evening.

honthecounty

In terms of best surface - magilligans pitch is in brilliant shape all year round and is up there in terms of best pitches in the county

braveheart

Quote from: honthecounty on February 19, 2018, 04:16:31 PM

In terms of best surface - magilligans pitch is in brilliant shape all year round and is up there in terms of best pitches in the county
If my memory serves me right it is a good pitch,but the bump in the middle of the pitch reminds me of the time my wife was pregnant with our daughter. Good option though.

theticklemister

Wile wind altogether and nowhere to take a shit

lenny

Our new pitch is in class condition but wouldn't be suitable for a county match wrt spectators. Loup pitch is the same, great condition but couldn't host a county match. It's a shame we don't alternate the county games between celtic park and venues in south derry like glen, ballinascreen or bellaghy. I would expect a couple of thousand at least at any of those venues which would make for a good atmosphere and the players would certainly enjoy it a lot more. I would advocate 2 games in north derry and 2 in south derry for future league campaigns.

shantygael

you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

theticklemister

Quote from: shantygael on February 19, 2018, 07:10:57 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on February 19, 2018, 06:29:00 PM
Wile wind altogether and nowhere to take a shit
2 things you're full of

That's a good wan Shantygael, I like it!!

I'm full of knowledge too the odd time to be fair. See you at the side of some pitch come Easter time!

restorepride

Pitch, venue, support and performance can be linked, but not at present.  If we had a great team, support would follow, no matter what venue. Celtic Park was heavy yesterday but very playable and certainly not a bog.  Overall, I saw no improvement. Some good individual performances but lacking stamina, no team strategy from kick outs to link play, many players out of position and we let one of the worst county teams I have seen for many years back into contention. To watch, it was Division 4 stuff. We have one win from 3, quite likely 1 from 5 soon.