Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Derry Optimist

One of the most annoying characteristics of successive Derry Senior football management teams is the lack of respect they show to Derry supporters by not publicly announcing the members of their County panel at the beginning of each year.It is also a very unprofessional attitude to adopt in this era of supposed transparency and good communication.If they will not show us some respect by announcing the members of the  current panel then perhaps some of our fellow posters might enlighten us.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Derry Optimist on November 27, 2019, 05:44:26 PM
One of the most annoying characteristics of successive Derry Senior football management teams is the lack of respect they show to Derry supporters by not publicly announcing the members of their County panel at the beginning of each year.It is also a very unprofessional attitude to adopt in this era of supposed transparency and good communication.If they will not show us some respect by announcing the members of the  current panel then perhaps some of our fellow posters might enlighten us.

Very few counties announce panels this side of the new year.

shawshank

Quote from: Derry Optimist on November 27, 2019, 05:44:26 PM

all four hundred of us. That's one thing the Derry management team have nothing to worry about, Derry supporters lol

Estimator

Quote from: Link on November 27, 2019, 12:49:11 PM
2003 or 2004, did kilrea have a walk over against Ballinderry? load of lads on holiday and game wasn't played

2005 beaten finalists Bellaghy
2006 beaten finalists Steelstown
2007 beaten finalists Slaughtneil
2009 beaten finalists Kilrea

Thanks, found the results for a couple of those.
Anyone got any finalists and results from the 90's / 80's?
Ulster League Champions 2009

Silver hill

84 Lavey beat Glenullin in Kilrea
87 glen beat screen
88 Swatragh won it, possibly beat Dungiven in final

Derry Optimist

Presumably those Slaughtneil and Coleraine hurlers who are on the County football panel will not be considered for the McKenna Cup until their respective hurling teams are eliminated from the All Ireland series.

That gives an excellent opportunity for some of the younger  panellists such as the McWilliams twins,Padraig McGrogan,Conor McCluskey, Shea Downey,Alex Doherty, Ben McCarron and Declan Cassidy to stake a claim for inclusion in the National League match day squads.

Ironically Derry,unlike in previous years, would appear to have now more quality forwards and a shortage  of top class defenders and midfielders.In the great days of the nineties it was the opposite.Back then we were much stronger in defence and at midfield.

Any budding Scullions,Kieran McKeevers, Henry Downeys,McGilligans or Tohills  on the horizon?

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: Derry Optimist on November 28, 2019, 01:17:34 PM
Presumably those Slaughtneil and Coleraine hurlers who are on the County football panel will not be considered for the McKenna Cup until their respective hurling teams are eliminated from the All Ireland series.

That gives an excellent opportunity for some of the younger  panellists such as the McWilliams twins,Padraig McGrogan,Conor McCluskey, Shea Downey,Alex Doherty, Ben McCarron and Declan Cassidy to stake a claim for inclusion in the National League match day squads.

Ironically Derry,unlike in previous years, would appear to have now more quality forwards and a shortage  of top class defenders and midfielders.In the great days of the nineties it was the opposite.Back then we were much stronger in defence and at midfield.

Any budding Scullions,Kieran McKeevers, Henry Downeys,McGilligans or Tohills  on the horizon?

No

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Silver hill on November 28, 2019, 12:37:03 PM
87 glen beat screen

Ballinderry beat bellaghy in 1989
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Hoof Hearted

Jimmy

Minor finals
2000 Slaughtneil beat Bellaghy
2001 Ballinderry beat Glen
I think there was a Slaughtnel and Glen final in either 1998 or 1999

Estimator

Thanks for all the help.  There is very little out there regarding results like this, even on club pages etc.  Though I have to say the most comprehensive list of results for any club that I have checked so far is Watty Grahams.  They have results from games going back to 2009 - including date, opposition, venue, scoreline, competition.  This includes underage and camogie fixtures as well.  Whereas most clubs haven't retained an individual website and just moved everything to social media (facebook, twitter, Instagram etc), they seem to have maintained an excellent website.

Back to the minor finals:

For 2010 to 2019, I have the two finalists, scorelines and venues.
For 2000 to 2009, I have all the winners, I have the finalists and scorelines for 2004-2007 inclusive.  I have the finalists for 2000, 2001, 2003, and 2009.  I've the venue for the 2005 final. I'm missing the rest of the scorelines and the finalists in 2002 and 2008 – Ballinderry won both.
For 1990 to 1999, I have all the winners and most of the finalists.  Missing the defeated teams from
1990 – Dungiven won
1991 – Bellaghy won
1993 – Loup won
1995 – Loup won
1996 – Ballinderry won
Don't have any of the scorelines or venues.
So far I've only gone as far back as 1987 and I have the winners and finalists from '87 to '89.

Link

Quote from: Estimator on November 29, 2019, 10:33:02 AM
Thanks for all the help.  There is very little out there regarding results like this, even on club pages etc.  Though I have to say the most comprehensive list of results for any club that I have checked so far is Watty Grahams.  They have results from games going back to 2009 - including date, opposition, venue, scoreline, competition.  This includes underage and camogie fixtures as well.  Whereas most clubs haven't retained an individual website and just moved everything to social media (facebook, twitter, Instagram etc), they seem to have maintained an excellent website.

Back to the minor finals:

For 2010 to 2019, I have the two finalists, scorelines and venues.
For 2000 to 2009, I have all the winners, I have the finalists and scorelines for 2004-2007 inclusive.  I have the finalists for 2000, 2001, 2003, and 2009.  I've the venue for the 2005 final. I'm missing the rest of the scorelines and the finalists in 2002 and 2008 – Ballinderry won both.
For 1990 to 1999, I have all the winners and most of the finalists.  Missing the defeated teams from
1990 – Dungiven won
1991 – Bellaghy won
1993 – Loup won
1995 – Loup won
1996 – Ballinderry won
Don't have any of the scorelines or venues.
So far I've only gone as far back as 1987 and I have the winners and finalists from '87 to '89.

Venues
2005 - Lavey (highlights are on youtube)
2006, 2007 and 2009 all celtic park

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 28, 2019, 07:39:07 PM
87 glen beat screen

Ballinderry beat bellaghy in 1989

Score in this was 0.12-0.10 and was played in Magherafelt

Champion The Wonder Horse

87 glen beat screen
Beat Ballinderry 2-5 to 1-5 (I think) in Dungiven.

Estimator

Thanks for the info.

Aside an aside I was having a look at the Pen Pics in on DerryNow.com for the Rannafast Final in Bellaghy on Saturday.

65 players, 19 clubs and 3 counties represented.

Antrim: Cargin, Creggan and Moneyglass

Tyrone: Cookstown and Rock

Derry: Ballinderry, Banagher, Bellaghy, Castledawson, Desertmartin, Dungiven, Glen, Glenullin, Greenlough, Lavey, Loup, Magherafelt, Newbridge, Slaughtneil, Swatragh.

Both schools are represented by players from:
Ballinderry, Bellaghy, Cargin, Castledawson, Desertmartin, Greenlough, Lavey and Swatragh

Glen have 8 on the St Pat's Panel
Magherafelt have 6 on the Convent panel
Bellaghy have 6 between the two, Cargin and Lavey both have 5 between the two.