?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

paddyjohn

Quote from: ONEDerry on August 08, 2019, 11:45:35 PM
Nice clip of the Glenullin v Newbridge game doing the rounds. Dirty low blow from behind a man. Real manly stuff. No doubt the fault will be with whoever took the footage for some people.

Who threw it?

Newbridge Exile

seanyb1

Quote from: oakleaflad on August 09, 2019, 11:04:34 AM
Is the fella ok? Could have broke his jaw the way he was hit. Cowardly act, as bad as I've seen on a field. Nothing manly about it.

Broken jaw I have been told

Keyser soze

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on August 09, 2019, 09:33:36 AM
I was at the game and only caught it out if the corner of my eye, as cowardly a hit I have seen in my time  watching football

Well if you were at the game you surely seen out of the corner of your eye the equally cowardly hit that that Bridge player had threw about 5 minutes beforehand, Unless you are completely 1 eyed of course.

Link

So bridge videoed the game but only released the footage of their player getting hit?

shawshank

Quote from: Keyser soze on August 09, 2019, 01:24:36 PM
I was at the game and only caught it out if the corner of my eye, as cowardly a hit I have seen in my time  watching football

Well if you were at the game you surely seen out of the corner of your eye the equally cowardly hit that that Bridge player had threw about 5 minutes beforehand, Unless you are completely 1 eyed of course.

Are you putting that up to justify that cowardly punch. I've seen two video clips, one is the said cowardly punch, the other of Gerard O Kane getting pushed very aggressively in his back, ( I can see in the clip clearly hat he gets pushed in the back) giving an aggressive  whiplash effect and going to the ground, apparently he was unable to play on. I hope that's not what your trying to use to defend Niall O Kane?

Keyser soze

Quote from: shawshank on August 09, 2019, 02:01:48 PM

Are you putting that up to justify that cowardly punch.

Just pointing out that if you hit someone a judas dig from behind resulting in him having to leave the field injured, don't go and stand beside his brother 2 minutes later. 

shawshank

He didn't stand beside him in the video clip, he walked up behind him and hit him. You clearly think its justified. Your a nice thing. The 2nd video clip I have seen G O Kane is pushed very aggressively from behind, but not hit. Its possible its not the same incident, but highly likely it is.

seanyb1

Quote from: Keyser soze on August 09, 2019, 02:08:32 PM
Quote from: shawshank on August 09, 2019, 02:01:48 PM

Are you putting that up to justify that cowardly punch.

Just pointing out that if you hit someone a judas dig from behind resulting in him having to leave the field injured, don't go and stand beside his brother 2 minutes later.

what a toolbag you are

Keyser soze

Not much difference in the 2 incidents for me, it was clear that there was going to be retributiom meted out to the Bridge player after the first incident, and rightly so in my book. Shoulda hit him from in front though.

Mario

Quote from: Keyser soze on August 09, 2019, 02:19:43 PM
Not much difference in the 2 incidents for me, it was clear that there was going to be retributiom meted out to the Bridge player after the first incident, and rightly so in my book. Shoulda hit him from in front though.
This takes blind loyalty in the gaa to a new level

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: shawshank on August 09, 2019, 02:09:49 PM
He didn't stand beside him in the video clip, he walked up behind him and hit him. You clearly think its justified. Your a nice thing. The 2nd video clip I have seen G O Kane is pushed very aggressively from behind, but not hit. Its possible its not the same incident, but highly likely it is.
It's the same incident

Keyser soze

Quote from: Mario on August 09, 2019, 02:21:34 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on August 09, 2019, 02:19:43 PM
This takes blind loyalty in the gaa to a new level

It's not blind loyalty as I would say exactly the same if the situation was reversed, Sure that's the way it is, if 1 of your players gets a dirty slap you sort out the lad that did it. When Dungiven were any use they had plenty of men that were well capable of meting out justice if needed lol.

ONEDerry

Great attitude to the game there. Hit someone from behind and possibly put them in hospital and impact their livelihood and  then try to justify it.
Fortunately in many  places the game is about skill and fitness and not about  lashing out with  what you see as justice. That's not standing up for your teammates. Doing that anywhere else would be gbh.
Too many in Derry are stuck in the dark ages which is one of the reasons why clubs are struggling to get young lads through to senior