?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

lenny

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on March 12, 2018, 01:57:34 PM
Lenny either you weren't at the match and making that up about Derry on Saturday night to your stupider than I though
This was dire. The only crack I had was sitting beside a young Slaughtneil boy who said it didn't matter about who was manager as Christy would manage and pick there team like he has did for the past four years

Can you try that again, next time in English?

tonesfirstandlast

You townies would be more Ulster Scott I would think 😀😀😀

lenny

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on March 12, 2018, 03:03:55 PM
You townies would be more Ulster Scott I would think 😀😀😀

What is ulster Scott?

tonesfirstandlast

lenny

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on March 12, 2018, 04:09:22 PM
You are deluded Lenny.

You're maybe right. I felt there were positive signs on Saturday evening. It makes me more optimistic re the championship.

markl121

I agree with Lenny, I saw some positives. A lot of negatives but there were some good things. The bones of an attacking mindset are there albeit the players need to get themselves out of their hardwired defensive rut they have been in for years. But it's slowlygetting better.

TheImpactCode

Is there any chance that the powers that be would move the Wexford game to Bellaghy.

I was at the MacRory game and it was the brilliant spot for a game.  Surely the Celtic Park ship has sailed.

markl121

That would be fantastic. I could get plastered and walk home 😂 but I'd say highly unlikely.

restorepride

Quote from: markl121 on March 12, 2018, 08:56:45 PM
I agree with Lenny, I saw some positives. A lot of negatives but there were some good things. The bones of an attacking mindset are there albeit the players need to get themselves out of their hardwired defensive rut they have been in for years. But it's slowlygetting better.
Hardwired defence?! Is this the one that has us on -11 and joint second lowest in Division 3? Please elaborate on the good things because it would be useful to know the detail.

Billy Magoo

Quote from: toby47 on March 12, 2018, 12:58:13 PM
Slaughtneil have appointed Audi Kelly as manager. Left the Moy, I would imagine the Moy won't be happy, their league due to start in 19 days.

No we haven't you clown..

braveheart

Quote from: toby47 on March 12, 2018, 12:58:13 PM
Slaughtneil have appointed Audi Kelly as manager. Left the Moy, I would imagine the Moy won't be happy, their league due to start in 19 days.
Candidates to have their name in by the 16th March. If you're interested you still have time to put your name in. I'm led to believe only 1 name in so far although a few people approached

theticklemister

Quote from: TheImpactCode on March 12, 2018, 10:44:20 PM
Is there any chance that the powers that be would move the Wexford game to Bellaghy.

I was at the MacRory game and it was the brilliant spot for a game.  Surely the Celtic Park ship has sailed.

Na lad, she is still beside the Foyle

markl121

Quote from: restorepride on March 12, 2018, 11:38:46 PM
Hardwired defence?! Is this the one that has us on -11 and joint second lowest in Division 3? Please elaborate on the good things because it would be useful to know the detail.
The hard wired blanket defence Derry have been playing for years. At the minute we are at least leaving men forward, it's just that the forward ball isn't coming often enough and the runs aren't being made, the players are choosing to pass round the back and across the field. They need to get into the habit of playing a quick offensive ball to make use of the forwards left up front. We have a young team and in patches we are playing good football. I don't believe in going to a game and sitting there being totally negative and getting on the players backs, that helps no one.

restorepride

Quote from: markl121 on March 13, 2018, 11:32:12 AM
The hard wired blanket defence Derry have been playing for years. At the minute we are at least leaving men forward, it's just that the forward ball isn't coming often enough and the runs aren't being made, the players are choosing to pass round the back and across the field. They need to get into the habit of playing a quick offensive ball to make use of the forwards left up front. We have a young team and in patches we are playing good football. I don't believe in going to a game and sitting there being totally negative and getting on the players backs, that helps no one.
I was interested because the main player in creating attacks, maybe our only really creative player this year, was totally marked out of the Armagh game - Enda Lynn. I actually thought our forward play v Armagh was very limited, especially in the second half.  When we meet a Division 1/2 team we will be in big bother. 

Real Talk

Quote from: restorepride on March 13, 2018, 05:39:24 PM
Quote from: markl121 on March 13, 2018, 11:32:12 AM
I agree with Lenny, I saw some positives. A lot of negatives but there were some good things. The bones of an attacking mindset are there albeit the players need to get themselves out of their hardwired defensive rut they have been in for years. But it’s slowlygetting better.
The hard wired blanket defence Derry have been playing for years. At the minute we are at least leaving men forward, it’s just that the forward ball isn’t coming often enough and the runs aren’t being made, the players are choosing to pass round the back and across the field. They need to get into the habit of playing a quick offensive ball to make use of the forwards left up front. We have a young team and in patches we are playing good football. I don’t believe in going to a game and sitting there being totally negative and getting on the players backs, that helps no one.
I was interested because the main player in creating attacks, maybe our only really creative player this year, was totally marked out of the Armagh game - Enda Lynn. I actually thought our forward play v Armagh was very limited, especially in the second half.  When we meet a Division 1/2 team we will be in big bother. 

We will struggle with Sligo