Author Topic: Derry Club Football & Hurling  (Read 372320 times)

markl121

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club Football & Hurling
« Reply #975 on: March 11, 2018, 09:15:46 AM »
Was in Armagh last night. Few points to take away. The Armagh fans are total mouths, they did some yapping at the referee. Derry kick outs are shocking, no one making themselves available, aside from Karl mckaigue making runs in the second half and getting ignored anyway. This resulted in long kick outs being kicked up the field where we werenít winning them most of the time. Surely thatís something that could be coached into that team, to run looking the ball? Iíve seen gradual improvement in the forward play with the ball being played sooner as the league has progressed. Last night was a big improvement on the Longford game for example. Hopefully the slaughtneil lads get settled in for the last couple of games and give us some optimism for what looks like a Donegal game in the championship.  The team has a long way to go, but maybe itís the optimist in me that sees at least some positives.

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 11, 2018, 09:40:43 AM »
Was in Armagh last night. Few points to take away. The Armagh fans are total mouths, they did some yapping at the referee. Derry kick outs are shocking, no one making themselves available, aside from Karl mckaigue making runs in the second half and getting ignored anyway. This resulted in long kick outs being kicked up the field where we werenít winning them most of the time. Surely thatís something that could be coached into that team, to run looking the ball? Iíve seen gradual improvement in the forward play with the ball being played sooner as the league has progressed. Last night was a big improvement on the Longford game for example. Hopefully the slaughtneil lads get settled in for the last couple of games and give us some optimism for what looks like a Donegal game in the championship.  The team has a long way to go, but maybe itís the optimist in me that sees at least some positives.
The long ball did reap some benefits in the first half with wind advantage but Ii think only two forwards scored from play, Lynch and Kielt. With regard to kick outs, you are spot on.

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 12, 2018, 12:38:01 PM »

It was nice to see us being competitive at last and great to see the slaughtneil boys bringing a bit of quality and strength. We should win our last 2 games well now and build some confidence for the championship. The kickouts need to be worked on as we need to be winning a much higher percentage than Saturday night.

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 12, 2018, 12:58:13 PM »
Slaughtneil have appointed Audi Kelly as manager. Left the Moy, I would imagine the Moy won't be happy, their league due to start in 19 days.

tonesfirstandlast

• View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 12, 2018, 01:57:34 PM »
Lenny either you werenít at the match and making that up about Derry on Saturday night to your stupider than I though
This was dire. The only crack I had was sitting beside a young Slaughtneil boy who said it didnít matter about who was manager as Christy would manage and pick there team like he has did for the past four years

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 12, 2018, 02:22:04 PM »
Lenny either you werenít at the match and making that up about Derry on Saturday night to your stupider than I though
This was dire. The only crack I had was sitting beside a young Slaughtneil boy who said it didnít matter about who was manager as Christy would manage and pick there team like he has did for the past four years

Can you try that again, next time in English?

tonesfirstandlast

• View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 12, 2018, 03:03:55 PM »
You townies would be more Ulster Scott I would think 😀😀😀

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 12, 2018, 03:23:53 PM »
You townies would be more Ulster Scott I would think 😀😀😀

What is ulster Scott?

tonesfirstandlast

• View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 12, 2018, 04:09:22 PM »
You are deluded Lenny.

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 12, 2018, 05:18:07 PM »
You are deluded Lenny.

Youíre maybe right. I felt there were positive signs on Saturday evening. It makes me more optimistic re the championship.

markl121

• View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 12, 2018, 08:56:45 PM »
I agree with Lenny, I saw some positives. A lot of negatives but there were some good things. The bones of an attacking mindset are there albeit the players need to get themselves out of their hardwired defensive rut they have been in for years. But itís slowlygetting better.

TheImpactCode

• View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 12, 2018, 10:44:20 PM »
Is there any chance that the powers that be would move the Wexford game to Bellaghy.

I was at the MacRory game and it was the brilliant spot for a game.  Surely the Celtic Park ship has sailed.

markl121

• View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 12, 2018, 10:58:06 PM »
That would be fantastic. I could get plastered and walk home 😂 but Iíd say highly unlikely.

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 12, 2018, 11:38:46 PM »
I agree with Lenny, I saw some positives. A lot of negatives but there were some good things. The bones of an attacking mindset are there albeit the players need to get themselves out of their hardwired defensive rut they have been in for years. But itís slowlygetting better.
Hardwired defence?! Is this the one that has us on -11 and joint second lowest in Division 3? Please elaborate on the good things because it would be useful to know the detail.

Billy Magoo

• View Profile
    • Slaughtneil GAC
« Reply #989 on: March 13, 2018, 08:47:38 AM »
Slaughtneil have appointed Audi Kelly as manager. Left the Moy, I would imagine the Moy won't be happy, their league due to start in 19 days.

No we haven't you clown..