Mayo v Donegal - Sunday 2nd April 2pm MacHale Park

Started by Farrandeelin, March 27, 2017, 05:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Owenmoresider on March 28, 2017, 02:27:02 PM
That All-Ireland semi final replay in the appropriate venue for it that is the Gaelic Grounds remains one of my favourite GAA games of all time. Football was the real winner in the end.
Sligo man happy when Mayo lose shocker.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Jinxy

Quote from: whitey on March 28, 2017, 04:26:40 PM
If that cvnt Reilly had an ounce of self awareness or introspection he would have hung up the whistle after Limerick.

It shows what an arrogant pr1ck he is the hat he has the balls to come down to Castlebar for a vital league match.....this could end very badly

It usually does when you're playing Kerry.  ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Jinxy on March 28, 2017, 03:22:02 PM
In fairness to Cormac, he makes a far better linesman.

Ah come on Jinxy are you trying to get your county man killed!! ;D ;D

Crete Boom

Quote from: ardtole on March 28, 2017, 02:55:33 PM
As a neutral, I thought Reilly robbed mayo blind that day. If it was one big decision he got wrong you could understand but it was probably closer to 10/12 more than dubious calls.

Yeah he probably did but we still had the chances to beat Kerry both days and didn't take them!!

Maroon Manc

Reilly should never have been let ref at this level again after that performance, letting Enright off for both those challenges was a disgrace. I seem to recall Kerry benefitting from a lot of soft frees that day. This Mayo team were at their peak in 13 & 14 and given how many finals they've been in and no AI since 1951 you can't blame them for their attitude towards Reilly.

whitey

Quote from: Jinxy on March 28, 2017, 04:59:14 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 28, 2017, 04:26:40 PM
If that cvnt Reilly had an ounce of self awareness or introspection he would have hung up the whistle after Limerick.

It shows what an arrogant pr1ck he is the hat he has the balls to come down to Castlebar for a vital league match.....this could end very badly

It usually does when you're playing Kerry.  ;D

Haha....you're right....and the one time we had the beating of them this fvcking wank3r decided to make up the rules as he went along.

BluestackBoy

In what will probably be a forlorn attempt at getting this thread back on track, I think Mayo will win this because their need is greater than Donegal's.

I don't think Donegal want to face the Dubs without Ryan McHugh & would prefer the unbeaten record to keep climbing till AI semi time & then when it is a proper mill stone round their necks & the media are going into overdrive,  cream the feckers.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

greatpoint

Quote from: J70 on March 28, 2017, 04:50:39 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on March 28, 2017, 04:18:00 PM
In fairness now, Mayo would have won the All-Ireland in 2014 if it wasn't for Cormac Reilly.

Remarkable faith in a team with an AI final record like Mayo.

How could one not have remarkable faith with supporters this impassioned?

PW Nally

Quote from: greatpoint on March 28, 2017, 06:33:54 PM
In fairness now, Mayo would have won the All-Ireland in 2014 if it wasn't for Cormac Reilly.

The reactions of the crowd to the left of the beasht is priceless.

joemamas

The county board should have him do the coin toss or sing Amhran na bhfiann.

Jinxy

Quote from: greatpoint on March 28, 2017, 06:33:54 PM

If you were any use you'd be playing.

whitey

greatpoint

Come on now Whitey, no photoshopped pictures of Reilly in compromising situations.

moysider

Quote from: Crete Boom on March 28, 2017, 05:03:48 PM
Quote from: ardtole on March 28, 2017, 02:55:33 PM
As a neutral, I thought Reilly robbed mayo blind that day. If it was one big decision he got wrong you could understand but it was probably closer to 10/12 more than dubious calls.

Yeah he probably did but we still had the chances to beat Kerry both days and didn't take them!!

Winning teams miss chances all the time as well.

Il Bomber Destro

What is the major gripes Mayo fans have with Reilly's refereeing performance that day?

Obviously Enright should certainly have gone after about 20 minutes when he gave the penalty away and Donaghy got a few very soft frees but were there more major incidents he got wrong?

Obviously there are genuine grievances there but it wasn't the biggest shafting by a ref I've seen. Reilly also wouldn't be the first referee Kerry have played like a fiddle down the year, there's nothing even subtle in it but we're not allowed talk about it.