Monaghan v Ros, Middle of nowhere 19th March

Started by Rossfan, March 13, 2017, 09:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on March 16, 2017, 04:44:14 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 16, 2017, 11:02:30 AM
The paint must all be dried in his own County. ;D
First time I heard the term "dream team" was in August 2015 from one of the "underminers" when they were trying to stop the Co Board executive Re appointing JE.
Anyway we were told last August that if we could only get Fergal out of the way we'd be wonderful altogether.
He's gone and I find we've played 6 games v County teams.
6 defeats
Scored 6-76
Conceded 8-97.
I know it took Moses 40 years to find the Promised Land but GAA followers aren't that patient.
We live in hope as always......but I'm a sceptic....

more fool you for to listening to people who deal in absolutes.

should we expect to beat Mayo, Kerry, tyrone, Donegal and Galway.  throw some context into your analysis of 6 defeats. 2 FBD games!! The only positive results in recent years against those team involved mcstay, draw against Galway (poor performance)  and beating donegal & Kerry.

I don't know where the impatients comes from its 37 yrs since an all Ireland appearance, 26 since a semi etc.

Not saying McStay is doing a great job but it's not like we are playing opposition we expect or are used to beating.
If Leicester City or Connacht Rugby had that type of attitude they wouldnt have produced the great underdog stories of 2016.

Not so much impatient I'd say but more acceptance. It seems supporters like yourself will just shrug
your shoulders once relegation is 100% confirmed and say so what it was expected.

Maybe it's just me but a team that got 8 points last year in division one should be getting at least 4 points this year and if they go down at least go down fighting.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 17, 2017, 01:35:39 AM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on March 16, 2017, 04:44:14 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 16, 2017, 11:02:30 AM
The paint must all be dried in his own County. ;D
First time I heard the term "dream team" was in August 2015 from one of the "underminers" when they were trying to stop the Co Board executive Re appointing JE.
Anyway we were told last August that if we could only get Fergal out of the way we'd be wonderful altogether.
He's gone and I find we've played 6 games v County teams.
6 defeats
Scored 6-76
Conceded 8-97.
I know it took Moses 40 years to find the Promised Land but GAA followers aren't that patient.
We live in hope as always......but I'm a sceptic....

more fool you for to listening to people who deal in absolutes.

should we expect to beat Mayo, Kerry, tyrone, Donegal and Galway.  throw some context into your analysis of 6 defeats. 2 FBD games!! The only positive results in recent years against those team involved mcstay, draw against Galway (poor performance)  and beating donegal & Kerry.

I don't know where the impatients comes from its 37 yrs since an all Ireland appearance, 26 since a semi etc.

Not saying McStay is doing a great job but it's not like we are playing opposition we expect or are used to beating.
If Leicester City or Connacht Rugby had that type of attitude they wouldnt have produced the great underdog stories of 2016.

Not so much impatient I'd say but more acceptance. It seems supporters like yourself will just shrug
your shoulders once relegation is 100% confirmed and say so what it was expected.

Maybe it's just me but a team that got 8 points last year in division one should be getting at least 4 points this year and if they go down at least go down fighting.

What type of attitude are you attributing to me? Maybe we had our Leicester story last year but didn't finish it off. I like to live in reality.i think we have a chance against anyone bar the dubs but I also don't think it's the end of world if we loss. If this was D2 or D3 I'd have s different attitude.

not that I've shrugged my shoulder but whatever I'd do wouldn't make one bit of difference to ros football. If I was positive negative neutral it makes no difference. Should I slag manager and players when we loss would that be a better  approach for you.

This is not the same team as last year. You ask any of the expert ros supporters last year and they will tell you we only beat teams as we were fitter earlier in the year. We don't have that luxury this year.

So I'll continue supporting my way avoid the radio rants and doomsday merchants.

seafoid

I was hoping Ros would have a good year this year. A really competitive Connacht championship would be good for everyone

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: seafoid on March 17, 2017, 12:59:03 PM
I was hoping Ros would have a good year this year. A really competitive Connacht championship would be good for everyone

Its early days. It's not over yet. Late 80's early 90's is the last time there was an extended period of all 3 being very competitive. There were other shorter periods late 90s also.

Rossfan

At this stage the Galway/Rhubarbs game is the Connacht Final.
But the CF is in July so hopefully perspectives will have changed by then.
First we need to learn some basic defending!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Subbie

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on March 16, 2017, 10:10:33 AM
Quote from: The Subbie on March 16, 2017, 09:49:33 AM
It's great fun watching the roscommunists tear into one another!
Keep it up lads!

Nothing wrong with healthy debate.  You must have a boring auld time if reading our posts is considered fun.

More Roscommunist angst , lovely .

Main Street

Which Connacht county has the most infighting healthy debate?
Healthy in this context is just a random word in a random place which may or may not fit..

Main Street

For Monaghan, Colin Walshe still out injured and Dermot Malone is suspended, .
Dermot being that player with the stunning knock out light touch.

Vinny Corey is on the subs list.

The Monaghan team named is
Rory Beggan
Fintan Kelly Drew Wylie (capt) Ryan Wylie
Ryan McAnespie Neil McAdam Karl O'Connell 
Darren and Kieran Hughes
Dessie Ward Shane Carey Gavin Doogan
Kieran Duffy Jack McCarron Conor McManus

Subs: Conor Forde, Owen Coyle, Karl McQuaid, Vincent Corey, James Mealiff, Brian Greenan, Thomas Kerr, Owen Duffy, Conor McCarthy, Stephen Gollogly, Micheál Bannigan.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on March 17, 2017, 02:23:44 PM
At this stage the Galway/Rhubarbs game is the Connacht Final.
But the CF is in July so hopefully perspectives will have changed by then.
First we need to learn some basic defending!!

Sure Galway are shite themselves. Maybe you can get JP to just give the Nestor to Mayo and save the rest of us the hassle of playing the games?

90% of our panel could get J1s sorted for the summer then.

Main Street

Shannonside Willie says he had to cross through 7 counties to get to Inniskeen. Roscommon throwing the kitchen sink at Monaghan, but the home side have drawn away to lead by 4 points at ht.

The Black Mamba

Quote from: Main Street on March 19, 2017, 02:50:01 PM
Shannonside Willie says he had to cross through 7 counties to get to Inniskeen. Roscommon throwing the kitchen sink at Monaghan, but the home side have drawn away to lead by 4 points at ht.

Monaghan's average league score so far has been 11 points. They've already beaten that in one half ...
Our defence is asking far too much of our forwards.

Main Street

You know things are bad for Ros when Willie throws in the towel, albeit very reluctantly though just as Monaghan edge 12 points ahead.

Beffs

Rossfan

Fcuk that! Wish I had got lost somewhere!!
We
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

weareros

Think it's time for Roscommon County board instead of demanding an apology  to apologise themselves to Sheerin. It's scandalous that we are allowing Maughan The sequel to unfold before our eyes.