Refixture: Tír Eoghain vs An Cabhán, Omagh, Sunday 12th March @14:00

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, February 12, 2017, 09:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

What's the thoughts on the rearranged fixture?

The weekend if 11th/12th March looks an obvious choice to me. It's a weekend with only hurling fixtures. Tyrone due to play Louth in the hurling at Healy Park on Sunday 12th at 2pm. Could it be moved forward a bit and football throw in at 2.30pm?

redhandefender

Quote from: Hereiam on February 27, 2017, 09:22:22 AM
The problem with the Omagh pitch is that the ground underneath is pure crap (peat i think) and that drainage will always be a problem unless some serious dough is spent on it. Even if if they dig miles of drains through the pitch and manage to get the water away then the stands etc (which is built on the same crap) will start to be affected as you will be lowering the water table.
What is it about the local GAA clubs in Tyrone and further a field building their grounds on the worst piece of ground in the parish.

I would imagine it was to do with cost and lack of scientific genius you possess at the time of purchase

StGallsGAA

What is it about the local GAA clubs in Tyrone and further a field building their grounds on the worst piece of ground in the parish.

If you read your Irish history you'd know why this was so.

WT4E

Is it true that there's a digger that sank in the ground years ago and it remains under the pitch?

Main Street

Quote from: WT4E on February 27, 2017, 11:20:14 AM
Is it true that there's a digger that sank in the ground years ago and it remains under the pitch?
Along with Shergar.

omagh_gael

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 27, 2017, 09:46:18 AM

The weekend if 11th/12th March looks an obvious choice to me. It's a weekend with only hurling fixtures. Tyrone due to play Louth in the hurling at Healy Park on Sunday 12th at 2pm. Could it be moved forward a bit and football throw in at 2.30pm?

There you are, the game has been re-fixed for the 12th March.

ziggysego

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 27, 2017, 02:21:45 PM

You have some influence over the GAA lad!
Testing Accessibility

manfromdelmonte

I remember all the laughing at Roscommon last year when the Hyde pitch was unplayable and a game was moved - at least the game was played!

omagh_gael

Quote from: ziggysego on February 27, 2017, 04:51:40 PM

You're the man with all the power over gaaboard though, (mod)Ziggy ;)

ziggysego

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 27, 2017, 06:23:48 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on February 27, 2017, 04:51:40 PM

You're the man with all the power over gaaboard though, (mod)Ziggy ;)

Bollocks  ;D
Testing Accessibility

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 27, 2017, 05:41:07 PM

I remember all the laughing at Roscommon last year when the Hyde pitch was unplayable and a game was moved - at least the game was played!

Maybe if the Meath referee had been there a bit earlier (as arranged -- midday instead of 1pm) we might have had time to switch it too! :P ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tierworker blue

Quote from: Taylor on February 27, 2017, 09:06:21 AM
As for Cavan folk wasting their time travelling - good enough for them

How empathic of you. Still and all, we'll be back on the 12th. Try to have your s**t together by then, if you don't mind.   ;)

Itchy

Quote from: tierworker blue on February 27, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Quote from: Taylor on February 27, 2017, 09:06:21 AM
As for Cavan folk wasting their time travelling - good enough for them

How empathic of you. Still and all, we'll be back on the 12th. Try to have your s**t together by then, if you don't mind.   ;)

It should be like club football. If your pitch is too shit or your officials too incompetent to host a match then you should forfeit home advantage.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Right Keeahvaaawn boyos, let's be having you, into our theatre of unbounded delights! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fuzzman

In case ye Cavan boyos didn't hear Tyrone officials wanted to call the last game off at 10.30 that Sunday morning as a local ref inspected the pitch.
Apparently Croke Park officials didn't want it cancelled and so asked the Armagh ref to call in to Omagh on his way to Ballybofey and he also deemed the pitch unplayable. He took photos and sent them to HQ but they said they will wait now to hear from the match official Gough who only arrived to the pitch at 1.22pm. Disgraceful decision making by HQ yet not a word about this on the media.

Should Tyrone win this we would go top of the table with 7 points and high hopes of making the league final.
Cavan appear to be struggling as many predicted and another defeat would please those teams just above them.