Dublin v Tyrone. 11/02/17. Croke Park, Dublin.

Started by omagh_gael, February 06, 2017, 12:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 09, 2017, 09:14:54 PM
Tyrone team v Dublin http://tyronegaa.ie/2017/02/tyrone-team-v-dublin-allianz-football-league-saturday-11th-february/

Comórtas: Sraith Náisiúnta Peil
Cluiche: Áth Cliath v Tír Eoghain
Ionad: Páirc an Chrócaigh
Dáta: 11 Feabhra 2017

Senior Appearances in brackets
1 - Niall Morgan - Éadan na dTorc (56)
2 - Pádraig Hampsey - Oileán a'Ghuail (14)
3 - Ronan McNamee - Achadh Uí Aráin (57)
4 - Cathal McCarron - An Droim Mór (92)
5 - Tiernan McCann - Coill an Chlochair (48)
6 - Peter Harte - Aireagal Chiaráin (110)
7 - Jonathan Monroe - An Charraig Mhór (16)
8 - Colm Cavanagh - An Mhaigh (128)
9 - Padraig McNulty - Dún Geanainn (35)
10 - Conor Meyler - An Omaigh (16)
11 - Niall Sludden - An Droim Mhór (23)
12 - Declan McClure - Cluain Eo (6)
13 - Darren McCurry - Éadan na dTorc (67)
14 - Cathal McShane - E. R. Uí Néill (22)
15 - Ronan O'Neill - An Omaigh (60)

16 - Mickey O'Neill - Cluain Eo (21)
17 - Mark Bradley - Coill an Chlochair (28)
18 - Lee Brennan - Trí Leac (12)
19 - Rory Brennan - Trí Leac (21)
20 - Sean Cavanagh - An Mhaigh (228)
21 - Conal McCann - Coill an Chlochair (22)
22 - Aidan McCrory - Aireagal Chiaráin (89)
23 - Cahir McCullagh - An Caisleán Glas (6)
24 - Hugh Pat McGeary - Cabhán a'Chaortainn (8)
25 - Justin McMahon - An Omaigh (104)
26 - David Mulgrew - Ard Bó (3)
27 - Frank Burns - Cabhán a'Chaortainn (1)
28 - Ronan McHugh - Achadh Uí Aráin (5)

No Mattie, no Bradley. Can't understand Bradley's omission considering McShane also played mid week Sigerson.

Bradley will start next time around certainly and I'd say there's a good chance he will start on Saturday. McClure for Mattie is the only change from the XV listed to start against Roscommon. Bradley has had a long year with club and all and I think Mickey is right to use him sparingly right now.

sambostar

Hard to see that XV troubling the Dubs if they are anyway interested. Would McShane not be better in midfield instead of McNulty. Hopefully Brennan can get back to fitness & plug in at CHB. Harte & Matty are too accurate to be playing in defence

StGallsGAA

Quote from: sambostar on February 09, 2017, 10:57:52 PM
Hard to see that XV troubling the Dubs if they are anyway interested. Would McShane not be better in midfield instead of McNulty. Hopefully Brennan can get back to fitness & plug in at CHB. Harte & Matty are too accurate to be playing in defence

Tyrone have to give the Dubs a chance under lights having pretty much bate Cinderella out the door every year at the midnight ball held in her honour!

rrhf

Did horse pick that team? Looks v defense orientated.

In hiding

Is there not a rule that you can only name 24 players or is that championship only

RedHandTom

Quote from: rrhf on February 09, 2017, 11:50:50 PM

Does he not pick every team? Has been v defensive since he came in

lenny

Quote from: RedHandTom on February 10, 2017, 07:00:50 AM

Does he not pick every team? Has been v defensive since he came in

That's why Bradley isn't starting. He can't get back inside his own 45 to defend and then join in with the counter attacks.

Tyrone Dreamer

I'd say the team will line out defensive enough especially after being opened up so easily by Roscommon at the back in the first half last week. We'd need to be a bit more defensive cause Dublin would have had 3 or 4 goals in that first half the way we played. And for all this talk about everyone wanting to see us play this beautiful attacking football no one wants to go down to Dublin and see us hammered.

Having said that on paper its not an overly defensive team. Nearly every player is playing a similar position that they play for their club. The one exception is maybe McClure moving from midfield to half forward.

I suspect Colm Cavanagh will go back to playing as a sweeper. McClure will drop in around the middle with Ronan O'Neill being pulled out. Peter Harte will be giving freedom to drive forward from centre half back. I personally would worry about O'Neill dropping out given the athleticism of the Dubs. The role I'd be playing him if any is a last 20 minute man in the full forward line.

redhandefender

Not a chance that team will beat the Dubs. Very disappointed to be honest. Very early days and all but a good chance to give the team a confidence boost, this could have opposite effect

omagh_gael

Agree regarding RoN, I kept an eye on him during the Ros game and noted a few occasions when he stopped altogether around midfield without chasing back. A strange choice for that role, if you ask me.

Fuzzman

Very disappointed with that team as have been looking forward to this game since last year.
No Mattie, no Sean, no Bradley, can't believe after last week Ronan O'Neill is back in again. Is it just for the frees as he has very limited mobility.

I hope McShane continues his Sigerson form but he'll find Philly McMahon a very tough marker.
Probably the plan is keep it very tight for the first half and then bring on Sean and Bradley for the 2nd.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: redhandefender on February 10, 2017, 09:08:02 AM
Not a chance that team will beat the Dubs. Very disappointed to be honest. Very early days and all but a good chance to give the team a confidence boost, this could have opposite effect

Would have been more confident with Mattie Donnelly on but they still have a chance. Don't think anyone can have any complaints about defence. McClure has did enough to earn another start. The only players you could question starting are McNulty, McCurry and O'Neill.

I'm not convinced by McNulty but he did show signs of slight improvement in the McKenna Cup. And now is the time to try the likes of him. McCurry was excellent at times during the McKenna cup and given his ability and age deserves another go at it despite a poor showing last week. If we can keep it close Cavanagh and Bradley coming on could give the hole thing a lift. Few other decent options on the bench too.

redhandofgod

Rony O'Neill starts again.....am I missing something? he's brutal slow in open play and hes not even that tara at the frees.

Fuzzman

Image rights I think.
The last 3 league meetings between the teams have been very close. One win for each team and one draw.

16/03/13
Round 5   Dublin 1-14 - 0-18 Tyrone Croke Park, Dublin
Referee: M Duffy
D Connolly (0-6), P Ryan (1-0), K McManamon (0-2), P Andrews (0-2), P Flynn (0-2), C Dias (0-1)
S Cavanagh (0-4), S O'Neill (0-4), Mark Donnelly (0-2), P Harte (0-2), P Kane (0-2), C Cavanagh (0-1),
M Penrose  (0-1), N Morgan (0-1), P McNeice (0-1)

06/04/14
Round 7   Tyrone 1-15 – 3-10 Dublin Healy Park, Omagh
Referee: Marty Duffy
D McCurry (0-6), P Harte (1-1), N Morgan (0-3), R O'Neill (0-2), Mark Donnelly (0-1), Mattie Donnelly (0-1), S Cavanagh (0-1)   
D Connolly (0-5), J Whelan (1-1), J McCarthy (1-0), MD Macauley (1-0), A Brogan (0-1), B Cullen (0-1), K McManamon (0-1), P McMahon (0-1)

07/03/15
Round 3   Dublin 1-09 – 0-12 Tyrone Croke Park, Dublin
Referee: D Gough
D Rock (1-6), B Brogan (0-1), E O Conghaile (0-1), P Flynn (0-1)   
S Cavanagh (0-4), D McCurry (0-2), B Tierney (0-1), J McMahon (0-1), M Bradley (0-1), M Donnelly (0-1), N Morgan (0-1), P McNulty (0-1)

bigpackiechestout

Also surprised at RoN starting after the poor showing last weekend. Theoretically the team could change before throw-in with Mark Bradley taking his place but if this was to be the only change we would literally have no outfield player on the field capable of taking free kicks with their right foot. This could prove to be a serious problem as the year progresses particularly if big Sean doesn't start every game.

I'd have no problem playing Ronan O'Neill (or somebody else for that matter) every game solely for their free taking ability if they were proven to be consistently reliable at them. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case up until now.