Dublin v Tyrone. 11/02/17. Croke Park, Dublin.

Started by omagh_gael, February 06, 2017, 12:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

red hander

Quote from: stew on February 06, 2017, 11:49:06 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on February 06, 2017, 11:43:17 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 06, 2017, 10:32:18 PM
Quote from: Rois on February 06, 2017, 09:29:00 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 06, 2017, 08:59:14 PM
Sledge the shite outta them Tyrone. It might just work!
Who do the neutrals want to win this one?

Tyrone, cannot warm to Jim Gavin.

It's the squintin' and smirkin'.

I hope Dublin hammer the f**kers into the ground. )

The hurt is deep with this one after 14 years, Obi Wan. Good. Good

Avondhu star

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 08, 2017, 08:16:11 PM
Quote from: skeog on February 08, 2017, 06:54:27 PM
Again player burnout raises its head.Meyler,Mc Shane and Mc Cann 3 games plus extra time in 6 days if selected for saturday night.

It's madness, Sigerson should not involve county players.

Players want to win Sigerson medals and fair play to them. Its not all about the county
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Avondhu star on February 09, 2017, 06:24:36 PM
Again player burnout raises its head.Meyler,Mc Shane and Mc Cann 3 games plus extra time in 6 days if selected for saturday night.

Players want to win Sigerson medals and fair play to them. Its not all about the county

I don't think many players give too much of a damn either way about Sigerson, it's more of a box ticking exercise for a handy route through university and a lifestyle that suits a modern day intercounty footballer.

lenny

Totally agree, fantastic competition which players cherish. It is played early in the season so it works fairly well. If Dublin are up for this game then they will beat tyrone easy enough. Tyrones defensive gameplan will be shown up as they will struggle for scores. Having said that they could limit the damage by getting their usual 15 men inside their own 45 defending desperately and trying to hit on the break.

In hiding

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 09, 2017, 06:58:40 PM

I don't think many players give too much of a damn either way about Sigerson, it's more of a box ticking exercise for a handy route through university and a lifestyle that suits a modern day intercounty footballer.

I was at the St Marys game. Meyler Mc Shane and Mc Cann all played their hearts out, as did the whole team. College football is massive for loads of footballers. Granted some lads who play for the poly who probably don't even study there hardly care too much but again the arrogance that county football is the only football worth playing is stinking

Jinxy

I think proper students, be they county players or not, value a Sigerson title.
The likes of Jack McCaffrey or John Heslin in UCD doing 4/5 year undergrad courses who have a genuine affinity for the place.
The lads that are brought in to do an MSc in flower-arranging probably don't.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

skeog

In hiding who are the flower arrangers out in UUJ.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: In hiding on February 09, 2017, 07:25:24 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 09, 2017, 06:58:40 PM

I was at the St Marys game. Meyler Mc Shane and Mc Cann all played their hearts out, as did the whole team. College football is massive for loads of footballers. Granted some lads who play for the poly who probably don't even study there hardly care too much but again the arrogance that county football is the only football worth playing is stinking

Bar McKernan, there's barely an established county footballer in that Mary's side.

I don't think any of McCann, Meyler or McShane have double figure appearances in Championship yet.

That's not taking anything away from them but I would say university football just gets in the way for more established senior players, with bigger prizes on the mind.

In hiding

Bar McKernan, there's barely an established county footballer in that Mary's side.

I don't think any of McCann, Meyler or McShane have double figure appearances in Championship yet.

That's not taking anything away from them but I would say university football just gets in the way for more established senior players, with bigger prizes on the mind.

Bomber make up your mind

Captain Obvious

U21 football championship was scrapped on the fear of player burn out eventhough the sigerson cup football is more responsible for player burn out and next weekend you have the ridiculous schedule of two games in two days.

Players do care for the sigerson cup however all would have no complaints if this competition was played before the NFL starts.

sam03/05

Sigerson should have been scrapped way before the u21 competition.
It's a farce of a competition - attended by very few people (with little interest to most Gaels across Ireland) , it contributes to the farce of players Playing for a University that they have never attended. Playing for a University team at 26/27 years of age and not even doing a course.
The teams are mostly made up of young inter county players in their first or second year of county football. (See UUJ team line up) it finds very few new talents as most of those players don't make it on to a sigerson starting 15.

The u21 competition contributed far more to the emergence of new talent in counties. It gave players a chance to represent the county and allowed players to make the step up to senior level.
Glorified competitions like Sigerson should have got chopped ahead of it.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: In hiding on February 09, 2017, 08:12:00 PM

Bomber make up your mind

My mind is made up. I've pointed the success of a side like Marys is that they don't have many established county players. I don't think Sigerson should involve county players, I think a lot of the high profile players in it don't really care too much for it and it's more football for lads who are already doing too much.

County will always be top priority for these players.

omagh_gael

Tyrone team v Dublin http://tyronegaa.ie/2017/02/tyrone-team-v-dublin-allianz-football-league-saturday-11th-february/

Comórtas: Sraith Náisiúnta Peil
Cluiche: Áth Cliath v Tír Eoghain
Ionad: Páirc an Chrócaigh
Dáta: 11 Feabhra 2017

Senior Appearances in brackets
1 - Niall Morgan - Éadan na dTorc (56)
2 - Pádraig Hampsey - Oileán a'Ghuail (14)
3 - Ronan McNamee - Achadh Uí Aráin (57)
4 - Cathal McCarron - An Droim Mór (92)
5 - Tiernan McCann - Coill an Chlochair (48)
6 - Peter Harte - Aireagal Chiaráin (110)
7 - Jonathan Monroe - An Charraig Mhór (16)
8 - Colm Cavanagh - An Mhaigh (128)
9 - Padraig McNulty - Dún Geanainn (35)
10 - Conor Meyler - An Omaigh (16)
11 - Niall Sludden - An Droim Mhór (23)
12 - Declan McClure - Cluain Eo (6)
13 - Darren McCurry - Éadan na dTorc (67)
14 - Cathal McShane - E. R. Uí Néill (22)
15 - Ronan O'Neill - An Omaigh (60)

16 - Mickey O'Neill - Cluain Eo (21)
17 - Mark Bradley - Coill an Chlochair (28)
18 - Lee Brennan - Trí Leac (12)
19 - Rory Brennan - Trí Leac (21)
20 - Sean Cavanagh - An Mhaigh (228)
21 - Conal McCann - Coill an Chlochair (22)
22 - Aidan McCrory - Aireagal Chiaráin (89)
23 - Cahir McCullagh - An Caisleán Glas (6)
24 - Hugh Pat McGeary - Cabhán a'Chaortainn (8)
25 - Justin McMahon - An Omaigh (104)
26 - David Mulgrew - Ard Bó (3)
27 - Frank Burns - Cabhán a'Chaortainn (1)
28 - Ronan McHugh - Achadh Uí Aráin (5)

No Mattie, no Bradley. Can't understand Bradley's omission considering McShane also played mid week Sigerson.

ONeill

Harte moving back instead of starting McCrory.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.