NFL Division 3 2017

Started by Shamrock Shore, January 30, 2017, 06:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

If Armagh repeat last night's showing against Tipp we'll be staying in Div 3.As it is I wouldnt be over confident about getting a result against last year's All Ireland semi finalists.

tippabu

Quote from: T Fearon on March 26, 2017, 10:39:38 PM
If Armagh repeat last night's showing against Tipp we'll be staying in Div 3.As it is I wouldnt be over confident about getting a result against last year's All Ireland semi finalists.

ah here we cant both lose next week!!!

our league and championship form is chalk and cheese if last year is anything to go by and this years league taking a similar path

illdecide

I'd be more confident if the match was in Tipp tbh. Armagh just don't perform in Athletic Ground's, should be interesting and a game that'll probably go to the wire. I just hope a decent ref gets the game ::)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

armaghniac

So Tipp and Armagh were bookies favourites in post 1, one will pay out but the less favoured Louth are already there. I think Armagh can do it and sure it will be handy to play Louth again next year.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Billys Boots

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 26, 2017, 01:18:40 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 26, 2017, 11:48:39 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 26, 2017, 09:17:47 AM
I see that armaghgaa board has banned me for saying 'it's a load of balls'...and it wasn't even criticising an armagh player!!

In fairness you shouldn't be making strange at a suspension from  Armagh county board.!

Touché 😂

It's quite a while since a post on this board has made me laugh ...
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Fuzzman

McGeeney is beginning to look old I thought

How's Jamie playing since he came back?

bannside

I was standing just behind the photographer when he was taking this photo of the Armagh manager watching CJ McGourty line up a penalty on Saturday night that would have put Antrim a point up with a few minutes left.

Mc Geeney is saying to himself "If this goes in and we get beaten by Antrim at home I'm for the high jump".

Jamie Clarke was in Conor Hamills back pocket for 70 mins.

yellowcard

Armagh would need to improve for this weekend against Tipp ro have any chance. I think they possibly took Antrim for grabnted but it was a gentle reminder that Armagh are still a long way off where they need to be. It was the first tiime they really struggled for scorexzs in this years league campaign and but for a good penalty save they probably would have been beaten. You just don't know what you woill get from Armagh from one game to the next. Massive game this weekend thougfh for the long term development of this side. If McGeeney fails to get promotion this season then I find it hard to see him keeping his job next season unless they miraculously get to a provincial final or an AI q-final.

mackers

Quote from: bannside on March 27, 2017, 02:30:37 PM
I was standing just behind the photographer when he was taking this photo of the Armagh manager watching CJ McGourty line up a penalty on Saturday night that would have put Antrim a point up with a few minutes left.

Mc Geeney is saying to himself "If this goes in and we get beaten by Antrim at home I'm for the high jump".

In fairness he had about 12 others helping him out!
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

magpie seanie

Quote from: sligoman2 on March 26, 2017, 04:38:56 PM
Shocking display again from us. 

Very disappointing for the second week in a row, terrible defending, terrible passing terrible shooting - something needs to be done...

It would absolutely depress you. It's that old adage about the definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Trying the same guys who have continually failed is going to get us nowhere. I know we didn't have the U21's but there were good young lads on the bench who deserved a shot and didn't get it, one from my own club in particular (and it was guys from other clubs who were asking us why he wasn't getting a run).

Besides this though it is abundantly clear that there is no clear gameplan and if there is it's abandoned at the first hint of pressure. Attack wise Murphy and Hughes looked like they had the beating of their men and Coen was buzzing around off them. After Murf's goal we stopped getting good ball in quickly and allowed their double sweeper to get back (they were slow at doing this but we were laboured coming out with it). It seemed to me that Offaly had done their homework and allowed certain Sligo players (who are poor distributors) to get on the ball time and time again. So we abandoned any efforts to get the ball in quickly and by the end of the game Murphy was moved out the field - effectively we took our most dangerous attacker out of the game ourselves. Defensively there is simply no plan whatsoever bar filter as many players back as possible. There are always lots of guys back but no one seems to know what they're doing and often you have 3 or 4 guys in the middle hiding behind each other.

It's the lack of evidence of progress or development of a plan(s) that's the most disappointing. We've always had selection issues bar when Forde copped on after the Connacht final disaster of 2002 - that's unlikely to change while certain people wield as much influence as they do.

I'd be very worried about New York if they're as good as they were last year.

rionach 4

The penalty would have levelled the game on Saturday night.

stew

Quote from: mackers on March 27, 2017, 03:24:41 PM

In fairness he had about 12 others helping him out!

Bollocks, anyone with that many men behind the ball can make any player look bad, in an open game is where the rubber meets the road, not a game were a creative player gets stifled.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Shamrock Shore

I assume that there are no parking issues around Corrigan Park in Belfast....never been to Belfast for a match.

It will be a tense time. Makes Sky's Super Sunday look pathetic.

tippabu

Quote from: yellowcard on March 27, 2017, 02:35:28 PM
Armagh would need to improve for this weekend against Tipp ro have any chance. I think they possibly took Antrim for grabnted but it was a gentle reminder that Armagh are still a long way off where they need to be. It was the first tiime they really struggled for scorexzs in this years league campaign and but for a good penalty save they probably would have been beaten. You just don't know what you woill get from Armagh from one game to the next. Massive game this weekend thougfh for the long term development of this side. If McGeeney fails to get promotion this season then I find it hard to see him keeping his job next season unless they miraculously get to a provincial final or an AI q-final.

I swear I'm not sandbagging here, look at the league, yeve hammered teams and even where ye dropped points ye were well in control in them games, we struggled past Antrim, Sligo should've beaten us by 10 points, laois we were good, longford we had the game won after 10 mins and let longford right back into it, offaly were 6 up in the 2nd half and we managed to comeback and beat us, Louth beat us handy this weekend.....its been all very unimpressive from us. 8/11 is an unbelievable price for ye at the weekend. Also this is our 4th game in 4 weeks so that's against us too. Now I hope to God ye are as bad as some of ye are making out but I doubt it and imagine I'll be quoting this on Monday saying I  told you so!!

magpie seanie

The reality is all the teams in this division have warts as well as quality and pretty much everyone can beat everyone. Home advantage, getting tactics right on a day, getting a few breaks - these are the crucial factors deciding games. Teams are inconsistent and inaccurate with their execution- were all in Div3 for a reason! From what Id have expected at the outset Armagh and Tipperary have been very disappointing, particularly Tipp. Sunday will be interesting.