Started by From the Bunker, January 30, 2017, 05:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brapbrap

Quote from: Beffs on February 01, 2017, 01:20:10 PM
Quote from: Brapbrap on February 01, 2017, 01:16:50 PM
Quote from: Beffs on February 01, 2017, 11:59:57 AM
Quote from: Brapbrap on February 01, 2017, 09:16:44 AM
Theres a stand. Use it.

The stand is useless, in keeping you dry. The wind and rain blows straight in and soaks you, even if you are sitting a good way back. At least on the terrace, you can hunker down under your brolly....provided you don't block peoples view.

I've been in it about 50 times never got wet. Are you one of these idiots that sit 5 rows from the front with the family and complain when you get wet even though there is 9000 seats behind you

Are you one of those idiots who rush to reply to a post, without reading it in its entirety?

What part of even if you are sitting a good way back, did you not understand?

I'd be happy to explain it to you.  8)

I'm sorry I googled a good way back and could find no numerical value that corresponds to that statement. I was good enough to be specific and give you exact numbers I'd appreciate if you did the same.

Beffs

Quote from: Brapbrap on February 01, 2017, 02:02:06 PM
I'm sorry I googled a good way back and could find no numerical value that corresponds to that statement. I was good enough to be specific and give you exact numbers I'd appreciate if you did the same.

You need Google to help you figure out whether the phrase "a good way back," means the same thing as sitting 5 rows from the front?

Sorry mate, but if that is the case, then you seem to have a level of comprension, that I moved past engaging with, when I left Senior Infants.

Not sure why you are taking this personally. A county ground in the west of Ireland experencing wet, blustery weather in February, is hardly earth shattering news. I didn't insult the honour of someones Mammy.

Syferus

That stand is the butt of a lot of jokes in the province. Mind boggles how much Prenty spent on McHale for so little return.

rosnarun

Quote from: Beffs on February 01, 2017, 02:34:53 PM

You need Google to help you figure out whether the phrase "a good way back," means the same thing as sitting 5 rows from the front?

Sorry mate, but if that is the case, then you seem to have a level of comprension, that I moved past engaging with, when I left Senior Infants.

Not sure why you are taking this personally. A county ground in the west of Ireland experencing wet, blustery weather in February, is hardly earth shattering news. I didn't insult the honour of someones Mammy.
sit be hine the entrance points you be grand .
bring pictures of hyde park/pool  and the belly laughs should keep you warm
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

From the Bunker

http://www.mayonews.ie/sports/29390-three-things-we-re-looking-for-on-saturday-from-mayo

Three things we're looking for on Saturday from Mayo

Edwin McGreal

A winning start

WITH Mayo away from home against the other three teams considered in the top four — Dublin, Kerry and Tyrone — never has it been more important to make MacHale Park a fortress in the National League.
That has not been in the case in recent years. In fact, in the last two seasons Mayo have only won two of their seven home league games. That those victories came against already relegated Down in 2016 and 13-man Monaghan in 2015 would not inspire confidence either.
Injuries are mounting up again, but Stephen Rochford ought to have enough quality to call on to get a vital win on the board.

Players to put their hands up

MANAGEMENT ran the rule over a host of players in January, but the National League is different gravy and that's before we even get to championship.
As Stephen Rochford says elsewhere in these pages, the league is an 'unforgiving arena' and we will get a better sense of where certain players stand in the coming weeks.
On Saturday, it would be very interesting to see how players like Donie Newcombe, Fergal Boland, Danny Kirby, Brian Reape and Liam Irwin perform if given game time.
It will represent an important chance too for players who were not able to make the team last year but are battling to stay involved for 2017.

Where's Mayo's head at?

WHAT plans Mayo have for 2017 in terms of tactical set-ups might not be easily discernible on Saturday night, but we should certainly get an idea if they're back 'in the zone'.
Last October's All-Ireland replay defeat loss to Dublin has the potential to sap players and supporters of some energy, but then people said that after the 2012 and 2013 final defeats too.
So it would be foolhardy to write this group off, but we will have a clearer indication of how motivated Mayo are for their league campaign after a sticky opening round game with a long list of injuries against a tough Monaghan side.

Brapbrap

Quote from: Syferus on February 01, 2017, 03:02:12 PM
That stand is the butt of a lot of jokes in the province. Mind boggles how Prenty spent on McHale for so little return.

You are in no position to be making jokes about any stand/ground

Brapbrap

Quote from: Beffs on February 01, 2017, 02:34:53 PM

Judging by some of your spelling it's back to senior infants you should go. Also to clarify I'm not taking anything personally I'm just calling bullshit on your comment.

Beffs

Yeah, some bullshit all right. Staying dry, in an exposed stand, with a high roof, in a ground in the west of Ireland, on a wet & blustery night in February....sure that is right up there with a trek in the Sahara Desert, for warmth and aridity. What on earth was I thinking?

Brapbrap

Quote from: Beffs on February 01, 2017, 04:56:48 PM
Yeah, some bullshit all right. Staying dry, in an exposed stand, with a high roof, in a ground in the west of Ireland, on a wet & blustery night in February....sure that is right up there with a trek in the Sahara Desert, for warmth and aridity. What on earth was I thinking?

It's on eir sport. Stay at home and watch it there snowflake!

Beffs

No thanks. I'll be on the terrace, with my brolly. It is my preferred spot. As I have already said. I'll leave the stand to the blazers and the alickadoos.

If you're this sensitive about the weather, remind me never to talk to you about actual football. Have you considered therapy?

Brapbrap

Quote from: Beffs on February 01, 2017, 05:22:06 PM
No thanks. I'll be on the terrace, with my brolly. It is my preferred spot. As I have already said. I'll leave the stand to the blazers and the alickadoos.

If you're this sensitive about the weather, remind me never to talk to you about actual football. Have you considered therapy?

Never kicked a ball in your life by the sounds of it.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Brapbrap on February 01, 2017, 09:54:36 PM

Can you kids take this over to the 'who gives a f00k' thread, please and thank you.

Jinxy

Put it down ta f**k!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ballinaman

No terrraces in McHale park

Farrandeelin

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on February 01, 2017, 10:12:01 PM
Quote from: Brapbrap on February 01, 2017, 09:54:36 PM

Can you kids take this over to the 'who gives a f00k' thread, please and thank you.

+1
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.