NFL Divsion 2 2017

Started by Dinny Breen, January 30, 2017, 09:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: FermGael on March 26, 2017, 08:40:15 PM
We have lost quite a few players this year.

Marty O Briens absence is really being felt in the backine.
Marty was our best man marker but had to retire due to injury. Tiernan Daly has also been a loss and he is only just returning from injury.
We have had a very good midfield pairing for the past 3 years but one of them ( O'Callaghan) has gone to Australia and we are missing his physical and defensive presence.
Up front Ruairi Corrigan has been missing since the start of the year due to injury and Tomas Corrigan was also missing today as well due to an injury picked up against Clare.

One of the things we have been over the last few years has been very good defensively.
Every time I have watched Fermanagh this year we seem to be wide open. 
We are taking the ball into the tackle and losing it. Our running game just can't seem to get going ( apart from the Clare game ) and up front the boys just are not getting the service.

I would be very worried about the Derry game because they seem to be able to score quite heavily.

I wouldn't be too worried about us FermGael.

Jinxy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 27, 2017, 12:09:22 AM
Win and beat Galway for the first time since 1985 when Larry hit them for 1-5 or lose and keep the Royal family in the second division for another year?  ???

Larry who?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on March 27, 2017, 10:41:33 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 27, 2017, 12:09:22 AM
Win and beat Galway for the first time since 1985 when Larry hit them for 1-5 or lose and keep the Royal family in the second division for another year?  ???

Larry who?
That Cork lad who used to play for the flourbags

Maroon Manc

After the defeat to Meath its good to see they've responded in the right manner. There's certainly a lot of competition for places in the forwards and good to see they had no problems in that department yesterday even without 3 of their starting forwards come championship.

How did Sweeney play yesterday?

seafoid

Kildare and Galway have been scoring lots of goals

FermGael

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 27, 2017, 09:42:23 AM
Quote from: FermGael on March 26, 2017, 08:40:15 PM
We have lost quite a few players this year.

Marty O Briens absence is really being felt in the backine.
Marty was our best man marker but had to retire due to injury. Tiernan Daly has also been a loss and he is only just returning from injury.
We have had a very good midfield pairing for the past 3 years but one of them ( O'Callaghan) has gone to Australia and we are missing his physical and defensive presence.
Up front Ruairi Corrigan has been missing since the start of the year due to injury and Tomas Corrigan was also missing today as well due to an injury picked up against Clare.

One of the things we have been over the last few years has been very good defensively.
Every time I have watched Fermanagh this year we seem to be wide open. 
We are taking the ball into the tackle and losing it. Our running game just can't seem to get going ( apart from the Clare game ) and up front the boys just are not getting the service.

I would be very worried about the Derry game because they seem to be able to score quite heavily.

I wouldn't be too worried about us FermGael.

I would be worried enough.  I know you are missing quite a few players but that's the poorest Fermanagh have played in years.
Derry should have Karl McKaigue back as well which will help the back line plus Mark Lynch and Danny Heavron a bit more match fit. 
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 27, 2017, 09:34:33 AM
Quote from: Hound on March 27, 2017, 08:28:54 AM
Paper says Kevin Feely, despite missing the last quarter through a black card, scored 5 points from play from midfield (as well as two frees). That true? Sounds very impressive.

Na all 7 were from frees.

He has scored 17 points in the league 12 frees and 5 from play and has also won about 20 marks in midfield.

Himself and Moolick (2-4 all from play) are turning into a fine midfield partnership, hopefully Sean Hurley makes a full recovery and we will see really intense competition for midfield,  Rory Feely, Kevin's brother might commit as well, currently on the books of St Pat's. Still a very young side but with some of the players coming through Kildare might be competitive again. Nice to enjoy rather than endure again.

I can't see Hurley having much of an impact if he returns to the fold at all this year. Paddy Brophy would be a serious addition and would free up Dan Flynn to move out the field. Going by some of the comments on the Aussie Rules forum they're not that hopeful of him making it down there.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 27, 2017, 12:55:05 PM
Paper says Kevin Feely, despite missing the last quarter through a black card, scored 5 points from play from midfield (as well as two frees). That true? Sounds very impressive.

He has scored 17 points in the league 12 frees and 5 from play and has also won about 20 marks in midfield.

Himself and Moolick (2-4 all from play) are turning into a fine midfield partnership, hopefully Sean Hurley makes a full recovery and we will see really intense competition for midfield,  Rory Feely, Kevin's brother might commit as well, currently on the books of St Pat's. Still a very young side but with some of the players coming through Kildare might be competitive again. Nice to enjoy rather than endure again.

I can't see Hurley having much of an impact if he returns to the fold at all this year. Paddy Brophy would be a serious addition and would free up Dan Flynn to move out the field. Going by some of the comments on the Aussie Rules forum they're not that hopeful of him making it down there.

Really? based on ability or just away from the game and needs recovery and time to settle back? I thought he was immense in the 2013 Leinster final win over Longford. Stat of the day, 8 of that team started yesterday, probably 9 if Dan Flynn was available.

Brophy would be a great addition, I hope it makes it all the same.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 27, 2017, 01:03:24 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 27, 2017, 12:55:05 PM

Really? based on ability or just away from the game and needs recovery and time to settle back? I thought he was immense in the 2013 Leinster final win over Longford. Stat of the day, 8 of that team started yesterday, probably 9 if Dan Flynn was available.

Brophy would be a great addition, I hope it makes it all the same.

I watched him for JTB in the Aldridge Cup and didn't walk away thinking he was going to have a big impact this year anyway. He has had that hip problem for a good few years now so hopefully he gets that sorted. If he can get it fixed it's a case of whether he has the same mentality and focus that the likes of Feely and Moolick seem to have.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Jinxy

Are his injuries worries a result of the years playing aussie rules, or did he have issues before he went over there?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

GalwayBayBoy

Great double header in Salthill next Sunday.

Galway v Kildare @ 2
Galway v Waterford @ 4

Should be the biggest crowd in there for a non championship fixture in a long time.

Duine Eile

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 27, 2017, 01:19:07 PM
Great double header in Salthill next Sunday.

Galway v Kildare @ 2
Galway v Waterford @ 4

Should be the biggest crowd in there for a non championship fixture in a long time.

It'll be great to get a good crowd in but the traffic is going to be a bloody nightmare 😔

del_carroll

Anyone get what the other black card for Kildare was for... Obviously feelys was for a trip -the other was given off the ball, so not sure if it was for sledging or for an earlier incident.
Grma
D

LilySavage

Was right in front of that far sideline . Was a shoulder by Slattery with momentum on the Clare back. Neither could get out of the way and both moving at pace, nowhere to go. A genuinely perfect shoulder from both. To be fair to ref he played on and was consulted by linesman who incorrectly called it as body check. Clare mentor remonstrating beside him may have influenced linesman.Had no impact on result. Slattery first start , he'd have been subbed in next few mins anyway. Re Rory Feely he's with Pats for next couple of years so wouldn't expect to see him play for lilywhites anytime soon. Possibly tog out with Athy like his brother did when he has a free weekend.

mouview

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 27, 2017, 11:24:20 AM
After the defeat to Meath its good to see they've responded in the right manner. There's certainly a lot of competition for places in the forwards and good to see they had no problems in that department yesterday even without 3 of their starting forwards come championship.

How did Sweeney play yesterday?

Full-back line in general was poor again I heard. I presume if Kyne's red card is upheld (an appeal may be lodged I believe) then he won't play again in the league. This reduces defensive options further, especially if as rumoured Duane has upped sticks again. Don't know what KW seems to have against Hanley.