Tyrone v Roscommon - Sunday 5th Feb 2017 2pm in Omagh

Started by Fuzzman, January 27, 2017, 12:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PW Nally

Quote from: Syferus on February 02, 2017, 07:34:41 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on February 02, 2017, 12:00:15 PM
Roscommon like Cavan have lost some key players, through opting out. Is  Seanie McDermott injured? A decent back.

If he is he's some man to still be starting at 11 on Sunday!!

When Seanie retires there better be something special done to congratulate him. 158 IC appearences in this day and age is something unreal.
If he was any good he'd of togged for Ballaghaderreen and got an FBD game with Mayo.

Fuzzman

1 – Mickey O'Neill – Cluain Eo (20)
2 – Pádraig Hampsey – Oileán a'Ghuail (13)
3 – Ronan McNamee – Achadh Uí Aráin (56)
4 – Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mór (91)
5 – Tiernan McCann – Coill an Chlochair (47)
6 – Matthew Donnelly – Trí Leac (85)
7 – Jonathan Monroe – An Charraig Mhór (15)
8 – Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh (127)
9 – Padraig McNulty – Dún Geanainn (35)
10 – Conor Meyler – An Omaigh (15)
11 – Niall Sludden – An Droim Mhór (22)
12 – Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin (109)
13 – Darren McCurry – Éadan na dTorc (66)
14 – Cathal McShane – E. R. Uí Néill (21)
15 – Ronan O'Neill – An Omaigh (59)
16 – Niall Morgan – Éadan na dTorc (56)
17 – Mark Bradley – Coill an Chlochair (27)
18 – Lee Brennan – Trí Leac (11)
19 – Sean Cavanagh – An Mhaigh (227)
20 – Conall McCann – Coill an Chlochair (21)
21 – Declan McClure – Cluain Eo (5)
22 – Cahir McCullagh – An Caisleán Glas (5)
23 – Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin (88)
24 – Ronan McHugh –  Achadh Uí Aráin (4)
25 – Justin McMahon – An Omaigh (104)
26 – David Mulgrew – Ard Bó (3)

omagh_gael

Like the look of that team, some great options off the bench. Stand outs for me are how Hampsey gets on in the full back line and how McShane does in FF. Hopefully we get to see the younger Brennan and Bradley get a run out in the FF line at some point. Surprised that McClure didn't get a start, he started almost every game this year.

sambostar

Very encouraging to see Hampsey & Monroe starting & McShane at FF. At least Mickey is trying new things. Would have preferred to see Bradley or Lee start ahead of RON though. Wonder will keepers be rotated or is MON now 1st choice

Rossfan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 02, 2017, 07:47:12 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 02, 2017, 07:04:36 PM
Our on the road takes us to Tyrone, Mayowestros,  Dublin and Monaghan - 3 of last year's All IRL semi finalists. :o

Ye should treat the 3 with the utmost care and respect. ;)
Hopefully they treat us with leniency  :'(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: sambostar on February 02, 2017, 11:19:49 PM
Very encouraging to see Hampsey & Monroe starting & McShane at FF. At least Mickey is trying new things. Would have preferred to see Bradley or Lee start ahead of RON though. Wonder will keepers be rotated or is MON now 1st choice

Bradley played for UUJ during the week in a game that went to ET so probably the correct decision not to start him.

Think it will just be rotation for the league with keepers. Morgan will be no.1 come championship.

Again, I'd be a bit hesitant about Mattie at 6. I hope it's only a short term thing as I think it will take away from his game in the long run.

Fuzzman

Delighted Mickey went with Hampsey over McCrory and good to see Munroe on too. Does he take McNabb's place?
Also, I'm glad Mickey has given McNulty a start as it would be great to have another good ball winner there and frees up Mattie to play elsewhere. I'd not worry to much about him being named at CHB as we know positions mean very little as so many players play on their own 40 and then everyone breaks up the field at pace. I don't like making the comparison but we do play like a rugby team quite often with the odd forward pass  ;D

The Aussies, sorry I mean Rossies have done a great job talking their side down all week so really have nothing to lose except 2 points. How many years have we saw Tyrone get off to a slow start in the league, at home to a team they are expected to beat but we struggle to get scores on the board.

Has there been a lot of rain the last few days in Omagh? There's was flooding here in parts of Dublin yesterday.

seanmc123

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 03, 2017, 10:05:37 AM
Delighted Mickey went with Hampsey over McCrory and good to see Munroe on too. Does he take McNabb's place?
Also, I'm glad Mickey has given McNulty a start as it would be great to have another good ball winner there and frees up Mattie to play elsewhere. I'd not worry to much about him being named at CHB as we know positions mean very little as so many players play on their own 40 and then everyone breaks up the field at pace. I don't like making the comparison but we do play like a rugby team quite often with the odd forward pass  ;D

The Aussies, sorry I mean Rossies have done a great job talking their side down all week so really have nothing to lose except 2 points. How many years have we saw Tyrone get off to a slow start in the league, at home to a team they are expected to beat but we struggle to get scores on the board.

Has there been a lot of rain the last few days in Omagh? There's was flooding here in parts of Dublin yesterday.

Im con fused Fuzzman! Tyrone play like a Rugby team? Have you been to any games recently ?

Fuzzman

Not this year so far Seanmc but I mean we tend to get a lot of men in around our own 40 and then when we turn it over we then break up the field feeding the man on our shoulder. The odd time we kick it ahead it there is a man in front of us in space but we play quite a possession style game of hand passing do we not?

seanmc123

Yes I would agree we get numbers back but just the same as Dublin. We break and play a very open brand and we actually would have a lot of players in the attacking side of the pitch when we do. But i hate this lazy journalism saying we are so defensive we are no more defensive as the Dubs. I watched all of their games in Croke Park last year from the quarter final on wards and they play Defensive only the southern media choose not to write about this.

Looking forward to Sundays game. Would be disappointed if Tyrone don't beat Ros by 5+ points

Fuzzman

Dublin certainly were a lot more defensive last year than they were in other years but I still don't think they approach a game the way Donegal, Tyrone or Monaghan do.
I bet you on Sunday v Roscommon, Tyrone will play with 13 men back in their own half when they don't have the ball yet I think Dublin will only do that when they are closing a tight game out when they are ahead.

Do you not agree that Tyrone rarely kick the ball in long to it's full forward line, usually because they don't have anyone in there to win the ball. The tactics seem to be strip the ball from the other team around our own 40 and then break up the field at pace hand passing the ball until we get into a scoring position. This seems to have served us quite well for the most part but I was just saying it's quite similar to how rugby is played with the players attacking as a unit from our own half. I'm not saying that's a bad thing but I was just making the comparison.

Dublin have a lot better forwards that Tyrone have and that is why so many teams try to stop them with the blanket defence style game.

RedHandTom

We're very defensively set up under horse. Mickey to me doesn't look to be involved in the game plan side of things. I think we'll best Roscommon easily but bigger tests ahead. Our lack of firepower could be our downfall in Div 1

Syferus

Quote from: RedHandTom on February 04, 2017, 09:28:01 PM
We're very defensively set up under horse. Mickey to me doesn't look to be involved in the game plan side of things. I think we'll best Roscommon easily but bigger tests ahead. Our lack of firepower could be our downfall in Div 1

Lol

skeog