USFC Round 1: Derry vs. Antrim

Started by whiskeysteve, May 06, 2007, 09:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron sam2

Quote from: orangeman on June 04, 2007, 10:12:24 AM
What about McGourty - is he really going to Boston this week ?

No, I made that up.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

the colonel

im sure jody doesnt have to stick with the same team, im sure if he finds out about cj going he won't play him, if that is right that he is still going.

on the downside, more chance of paddy bradley being involved in the re fixed game
the difference between success and failure is energy

PlayWithTheWind

young McGourty is flying to boston on tuesday 12th june - FACT!
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

milltown row

yes i believe Conor is going next week but he's not the only one from that team picked, Cunningham is going as well i hear and maybe a few more. it's a big loss for our club in both codes but we have had to deal with that for the last few years.

we have at least five starters in both teams going soon it's a killer for mangers but what do you do, going away for the summer is some craic. should he be on the panel when knowing he's heading off? no but that's up to the manager

The Real SlimShady

Quote from: hardstation on June 04, 2007, 12:48:04 PM
Aye, he's definatley going. Just got it confirmed to me. Is thon brother of his still going? Remember he came on the board asking us if there was any truth in the rumour? :D

this should actually go in the Sunday World, what a knob that man is registering here under the name ''Shaws Road'' and asking about himself in an attempt to have people talking about him. what a tit. pity the silly hoor didnt hide his e-mail address before hand  :D ;D

Syd

Is thon brother of his still going? Remember he came on the board asking us if there was any truth in the rumour? :D

Hopefully his is a one way ticket.

Syd

Quote from: PrivatePile on June 03, 2007, 11:34:43 AM
There is an article about todays game in the Sunday Times, and who is one of the main contributors....??? You have guessed it, the boul Kevin Mc Gourty. Even though he is not involved he wouldnt let an oppurtunity to bask in the limelight pass him by. I wonder does he keep a scrapbook of all his interviews and pull his plums over it......??

I think PrivatePile has it covered about "Shaws Road" !

Bensars

Quote from: hardstation on June 04, 2007, 01:39:33 PM
Quote from: The Real SlimShady on June 04, 2007, 01:35:27 PM
Aye, he's definatley going. Just got it confirmed to me. Is thon brother of his still going? Remember he came on the board asking us if there was any truth in the rumour? :D

this should actually go in the Sunday World, what a knob that man is registering here under the name ''Shaws Road'' and asking about himself in an attempt to have people talking about him. what a tit. pity the silly hoor didnt hide his e-mail address before hand  :D ;D
What do you expect from a pig but a grunt. He also posted on how intelligent himself and Dan Mc Cartan are. What a spa! :D

Quote from: shaws road on February 22, 2007, 05:02:41 PM
nico have been watching your post on some other blogs on this site you are very critical of him lol he has actually never played well for antrim your right and does go on abit but he was unreal for Queens and st galls last year as has Sean Kelly been, whom i think is also overrated as has never done it for Antrim anyway thats what i heard bout yesterday and why his no inclusion

Quote from: shaws road on February 22, 2007, 04:07:04 PM
Good win for Queens in Belfield never easy to win at I cant remember last time they won there any ideas?  Word on the street is  Mc Gourty is very unwell at the present time and has gone for some tests but also heard he came on for second half but paper did not suggest this any inside information? on this also as an antrim man no sign of James Loughry was he on the squad or injured??????

[/quote]
Quote from: shaws road on February 10, 2007, 12:20:26 AM
shaws road  very good reply but even like i dont like him mc gourty is the only player in antrim history and will ever be probabaly to play in five all irelands in two years and from what i hear in st galls its massive , mc gourty v kelly only one win winnner with me kelly but according to last sundays paper the irsh times o dywer calls mc gourty as good as egan the county forard for kerry during the golden years surely not micko  he is good but not that good

Quote from: shaws road on February 09, 2007, 10:27:23 PM
i hear tonight that the two mc gourty cj and kevin and sean keely have agreed to go to chicago for the summer ina $20,000 move any truth in this from people in boston and they paln to have karl stewart and colm bardy before the summer is out???

BallyhaiseMan

You can feel the love for Kevin McGourty on this thread  :D  :D  :D

im guessing hes not the most popular player in Antrim then?

the colonel

considering he has been at queens for years he couldn't have done to well cos the thick cnut cant spell, or was it to be a double bluff
the difference between success and failure is energy

saffron sam2

Can't see any issue whatsoever with a player heading to the States once his county team has been eliminated from the championship; former US-based (for the summer) player and the current Antrim manager will agree with me.  Where there may be an issue is with players agreeing to deals in advance, but again such deals are dependent on performance in the championship at home. I hope himself and all the other boys from Antrim and other counties have a very enjoyable, competitive and financially rewarding summer in the States that they wouldn't otherwise get at home in the Tommy Murphy Cup.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Stranworst

From what I have known of Kevin he's dead on, but I don't see why he's up for debate in this thread seeing as he's not on the panel? is this not supposed to be about the game this weekend??

whiskeysteve

think the mcgourtys are very overrated, kevin and conor. sigerson form really doesnt compare to ulster championship at all. on the other hand players like michael mcgoldrick (derrys corner back) are underrated, he was a very solid player in a brilliant all ireland winning minor full back line where he was slightly overshadowed. Theres also been great competition for places in derrys full back line - mccloy mcguckin lockhart g okane mceldowney, etc, so hes come in quietly.

Just seems to me that players like mcgourty and other good minors are gettin hyped up in the papers these days before they have done anything at senior for the county. Paddy Heaney in the Irish News is wild for it. I mind a few years ago he wrote an article on a young mark lynch with a picture of wayne rooney and a caption saying 'wayne rooney is soccers equivalent of mark lynch'.

If mcguckin was fully fit and marking mcgourty on sunday he'd put him in his pocket
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

ONeill

I agree that I've yet to see anything special from Kevin McGourty, just some fine workmanlike performances. Conor, on the other hand, had produced sublime underage performances. You can only go on that at the minute.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BallyhaiseMan

I thought McGourty was outstanding for Queens in the Sigerson Final,Fielded some magnificant ball.Other than that havent seem that much else of him.

id have thought hed have acted as a good foil alongside a big high fielding midfielder at centrefield, ala a Joe Quinn,McGourty Centrefield might work.