USFC Round 1: Derry vs. Antrim

Started by whiskeysteve, May 06, 2007, 09:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syd

Quote from: PlayWithTheWind on June 03, 2007, 06:29:02 PM
as for the hurling - brutal!

Were you expecting a great game in those conditions?

Tyrone Dreamer

Will be interesting to see the attendance next weekend. There's talk of prices putting people of games. If its advertised well could be a decent crowd which there may not otherwise have been.

ExiledGael

Is it free in to everyone, even those who didn't attend today?

ONeill

Your skin will need to be rightly wrinkled from the previous week in order to get in.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

pintsofguinness

i'm gathering from the championship that you should have got something when you paid in and unless you can produce it next week you'll be paying in again!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Syd

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 03, 2007, 09:27:20 PM
i'm gathering from the championship that you should have got something when you paid in and unless you can produce it next week you'll be paying in again!

Thats only for the covered stand. The rest of the ground will be free.

PlayWithTheWind

forgot to say the minor captain number 3 d.mc cann worked hard too.
uslter hurling is at an all time low

heard a few people complaining about the football being called off. thier argument was if hurling can be played on it then surely football can be. valid point, although i think it was the right decision to call the match off. boys train all year for this match and to have to train all year to play 70mins in those conditions is not fair on anyone!

Quote from: hardstation on June 03, 2007, 08:55:43 PM
That's the end of Conor Mc Gourty's championship then, with him flying to Boston on Tuesday (from what I read on this board).

young mcgourty is now flying to boston a week later, tues 12th  a st galls boy told me that today.
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

Syd

Mc Gourty should not be involved if he is f**king off after the match.

ExiledGael

That's a total farce if he's planning on flying out already. What's the point in fans even going to watch the team or having a discussion about them when they don't give much of a fcuk, and are planning for failure. Terrible attitude going into the Championship

Syd

Quote from: ExiledGael on June 03, 2007, 10:01:40 PM
That's a total farce if he's planning on flying out already. What's the point in fans even going to watch the team or having a discussion about them when they don't give much of a fcuk, and are planning for failure. Terrible attitude going into the Championship

Im pretty sure he didnt get the attitude from the grass......

PlayWithTheWind

he hasnt stated hes going away to anyone. jody doesnt know about boston. its all kept low key around the antrim camp. sadly hes not the only one going.
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

Syd

Quote from: PlayWithTheWind on June 03, 2007, 10:15:01 PM
he hasnt stated hes going away to anyone. jody doesnt know about boston. its all kept low key around the antrim camp. sadly hes not the only one going.

Has Jody Gormley been on the moon? The dogs in the street knew he was going. I think its a kick in the balls for their clubs too.

Syd

I just dont understand the mentality of it. Surely at training they are all focused on winning and convinced they will win & having this sentiment drummed into them. But surely somewhere in his head he is thinking "i dont think we will win" cos he is away in the morning after the game......

The Real SlimShady

As far as i know Cj isnt for the states. His folks were against it and he hasnt been going for some time now, i may well be wrong but its not often i am  :P

anyway, Derry live to fight another day but the clock is ticking....

orangeman

What about McGourty - is he really going to Boston this week ?