Best Cocktails

Started by Syferus, December 15, 2016, 11:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leenie

Quote from: gallsman on December 16, 2016, 02:46:30 PM
Quote from: leenie on December 16, 2016, 01:09:15 PM
Do men drink many cocktails  ???

A lot of fellas drinking gin now ..

That's because gin is f**king amazing. I'm a whiskey drinker but when I was about 20i started drinking G&T on nights out as it was far more refreshing in bars and nightclubs. They're the only two spirits I'd drink really.

Not just any gin now .. Hendricks gin with a slice of cucumber and elderflower tonic ..

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

gallsman

leenie

No point , just staying that's the big drink at the moment, I prefer the Gordon's and swepes but I'm old school

gallsman

Quote from: leenie on December 16, 2016, 03:37:33 PM
No point , just staying that's the big drink at the moment, I prefer the Gordon's and swepes but I'm old school

Gordon's?! Fancy f**king you. You should be in the cork or London dry if you think roughness of the drink is the mark of its credibility.

Puckoon

Quote from: lurganblue on December 16, 2016, 02:52:13 PM
Ok so i'm told that i have to try a French Martini, which i have now learned doesnt have martini/gin in it but vodka...

Vodka Martini is a good drink and a great dinner starter. I prefer to skip the vermouth and just drink a Dirty Gibson as below

3 parts vodka, one part olive juice. Shake over ice and serve straight up with cocktail onions to garnish. Dirty Martini is the same, just switch out the cocktail onions and replace with olives.

WT4E

Quote from: leenie on December 16, 2016, 02:54:34 PM
Quote from: gallsman on December 16, 2016, 02:46:30 PM

That's because gin is f**king amazing. I'm a whiskey drinker but when I was about 20i started drinking G&T on nights out as it was far more refreshing in bars and nightclubs. They're the only two spirits I'd drink really.

Not just any gin now .. Hendricks gin with a slice of cucumber and elderflower tonic ..

Tanqueray no 10 is a superior gin to Hendricks imho - I think Hendricks is more popular in Ireland due to better marketing and people following trends!

ziggy90

Quote from: Billys Boots on December 16, 2016, 11:26:43 AM
Am partial to brandy and Baileys, occasionally.

Drunk too many of these about ten years ago. Couldn't look at one now.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

ziggy90

Quote from: muppet on December 16, 2016, 12:53:28 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 16, 2016, 11:23:10 AM
Does a pint of Smithwicks with a Guinness head count?

Known as a pint of 'Special' where i come from.

Best pronounced ssshhh- pesh - al.

A pint of "Ssshh-pesh-al is wonderful stuff.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

PW Nally

Quote from: gallsman on December 16, 2016, 03:48:32 PM
Quote from: leenie on December 16, 2016, 03:37:33 PM

Gordon's?! Fancy f**king you. You should be in the cork or London dry if you think roughness of the drink is the mark of its credibility.

Quote from: gallsman on December 16, 2016, 12:00:43 AM
Quote from: Syferus on December 15, 2016, 11:54:28 PM
Quote from: gallsman on December 15, 2016, 11:51:47 PM
Smoky old fashioned.

Proper Cuban mojitos.

I went for a regular old fashioned there. The father I get down the glass the better it tastes.

I was in the Dead Rabbit in New York last week and had something that was an old fashioned in all but name. Was marvellous.

Also had one in Manchester before where they got the sweetness from filling the glass with candy floss and pouring the cocktail mixture over it to dissolve it. Gimmicky (aren't all cocktails?) but delicious.

You pretentious ****.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggy90 on December 16, 2016, 04:55:29 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on December 16, 2016, 11:26:43 AM
Am partial to brandy and Baileys, occasionally.

Drunk too many of these about ten years ago. Couldn't look at one now.
Same as that about 20 years ago. The smell of Baileys STILL turns my stomach.

gallsman

Quote from: PW Nally on December 16, 2016, 09:33:44 PM
You pretentious ****.

You don't really understand the meaning of "tongue in cheek", do you? You stupid ****.

Rois

seafoid

Milltown Row2

On the gin last night, never get too drunk quickly with it nor hangover, Bombay Shapphire goes down a treat, slim lime tonic  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

leenie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 17, 2016, 01:20:50 PM

On the gin last night, never get too drunk quickly with it nor hangover, Bombay Shapphire goes down a treat, slim lime tonic  ;)

Wish I done the same, instead was on the wine.. I had hoped to use this afternoon to get some much needed sleep but not happening ..current mood FML